Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 589930 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2880 on: June 18, 2016, 10:57:27 PM »

I have had a long time love of 1911's.  Learned to shoot a pistol with Grandpa's service 1911 colt.  Then got trained by the Navy with a 1911, got my expert marksman medal with a 1911.  I have more 1911's than all my other pistols and wife's pistols added together.  Most my non-1911 pistols function just like a 1911.  My Sig P-238, Sig P-938, Kimber Solo.  My 2 plastic pistols have the 1911 grip angle, the XD-40 and the XDS-40.

I have a few Kimber 1911's and a Springfield 1911 along with the others in the last post.  One can never have enough 1911's.

Winter I usually carry a Kimber Ultra CDP.  Summer its usually the P-938 or now the XDS-40

So which P938 you have Dave? I picked up a Talo edition with the night sights and Houge grips on it from the factory. It's that green one that just came out last fall. I've not fired it and not sure I'm even going to keep it. The guy I bought it from had never fired it either.  Just not too crazy out the external safties on them and the fact they're SA only. I've got a CZ RAMI coming in next week I'll be picking up.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #2881 on: June 18, 2016, 11:18:18 PM »

I still can't believe the arrogance of the DOT Official I had the miserable occasion to talk to today.  Talk about somebody that thinks they are J. Edgar Hoover, would be an understatement.  Now listen, guys, I was polite and respectful, but this prick treated me like I was a common thug.  First thing he told me was he was instrumental in getting the State to allow DOT officers to carry a gun, and equip their vehicles with Radar, so, as he said, "they could control these idiots out here driving Trucks like they were cars!"  He then went on to inform me that, in his view, if a man needs a gun to drive a Truck, he needs to seek other employment.  He then said that while it is legal, at this time, to carry a firearm in a Commercial Vehicle in WV, he and his "people", were trying to limit that by getting a law passed that required the gun to be unloaded, and the gun and ammo be placed in a lock box, on the opposite side of the Truck, if you're driving a Day-Cab, and if you're driving a Sleeper Cab, require the gun and ammo be in a lock box, outside the cab, in the side door, under the Sleeper.  I was stunned at the drivel that came out of this guys mouth!  It was like I was dreaming, and beamed-down into liberal hell!  I mean, it was all I could do to not get his ass wound up, but I considered the source, and just listened.  What's worse than that is, that's the kind of people we've got out here in the WV DOT.  He's been fed all this chit, too, 'cause it's as obvious as the balls on a tall dog, that he lacked the intelligence to be speaking his own words.  The one thing he said that did ring true with me was; "don't break the law, and you won't get stopped.  If you don't get stopped, you won't get searched."  If this moron represents the majority of LEO's here, it's a sad day in the Mountain State.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD         

Really, you haven't been stopped in a Comercial vehicle without breaking the law?
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #2882 on: June 19, 2016, 08:06:35 PM »

So which P938 you have Dave? I picked up a Talo edition with the night sights and Houge grips on it from the factory. It's that green one that just came out last fall. I've not fired it and not sure I'm even going to keep it. The guy I bought it from had never fired it either.  Just not too crazy out the external safties on them and the fact they're SA only. I've got a CZ RAMI coming in next week I'll be picking up.

I got the two tone SAS carry, it has the night sights and rounded edges for carry.  The external safety operates just like a 1911, so its natural for me.  I have had it just over 18 months now.  I really like it, its been 100% reliable as has the P238.

Truth about guns had this to say "I really think the P938 is worth it is when you’re used to shooting a hammer-fired pistol with manual safety — especially and particularly a 1911. If you compete with a 1911, target shoot with one, carry one when your attire affords it, etc etc, then the P938 is a no-brainer. Same manual of arms in a carry piece or backup gun as your primary or as what you’re most used to and trained on? Yes, please." which I why I got the gun.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 08:20:15 PM by FLSTFI Dave »
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #2883 on: June 19, 2016, 10:05:36 PM »

I got the two tone SAS carry, it has the night sights and rounded edges for carry.  The external safety operates just like a 1911, so its natural for me.  I have had it just over 18 months now.  I really like it, its been 100% reliable as has the P238.

Truth about guns had this to say "I really think the P938 is worth it is when you’re used to shooting a hammer-fired pistol with manual safety — especially and particularly a 1911. If you compete with a 1911, target shoot with one, carry one when your attire affords it, etc etc, then the P938 is a no-brainer. Same manual of arms in a carry piece or backup gun as your primary or as what you’re most used to and trained on? Yes, please." which I why I got the gun.

Gotcha. All my other guns are striker fire so there's no external safety to mess with. I'd eventually like to start collecting a few 1911's but just haven't progressed into it yet.

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #2884 on: June 19, 2016, 10:41:02 PM »

Same reason I bought one, everything is where I expect it to be. I got the same model then put the Hogue grips on it, sweet little piece.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #2885 on: August 11, 2016, 09:31:43 AM »

Mike, how do you like your Rami?
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2886 on: August 11, 2016, 12:02:55 PM »

Really, you haven't been stopped in a Comercial vehicle without breaking the law?

Just saw your question, bigchuck.  I've been asked to pull aside several times at Weigh Stations, to check Super, and Oversize Permits.  Especially in VA, TENN., and GA.  But they never look in the Truck, or ask to.  Been lucky over the years, in a Big Truck.  One ticket.  71MPH in a 60 zone, and for having a Radar Detector.  That was years ago.  Zero points on my CDL, at present.  Try to keep it that way.  Can't rock&roll like we used to!  Too much damn traffic!  'Bout the only place I can have some real fun, is on a Mountain.  Ol' Blackie will flat drag a 110-120,000# up a Mountain, like a car!  Just gotta' keep a close eye on the water temp., and pyrometer.  Love 'em ol' Trucks.  Later--HUBBARD     
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #2887 on: August 11, 2016, 08:18:22 PM »

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #2888 on: August 11, 2016, 09:17:13 PM »

Mike, how do you like your Rami?
Love it so much I'm now in the process of getting it's bigger brother. the 75 D PCR compact. It'll replace my G23 for my larger carry gun. This damn this is so accurate for a 3" barrel it ain't funny. Recoil is nothing due to the metal frame and the double stack is a damn nice fit in my hand.

Here's a pix of it next to my G43..

I need to trim a little more off that pinkie extension. It isn't made for that gun but it does fit the mag if that makes any sense. Just need it to be a little better fit. Mag doesn't have any issues fitting or functioning, I'm just not crazy about the look of it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:19:35 PM by OBB »

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #2889 on: August 11, 2016, 10:10:19 PM »

Love it so much I'm now in the process of getting it's bigger brother. the 75 D PCR compact. It'll replace my G23 for my larger carry gun. This damn this is so accurate for a 3" barrel it ain't funny. Recoil is nothing due to the metal frame and the double stack is a damn nice fit in my hand.

Here's a pix of it next to my G43..

Nice! I am really impressed with CZ's. I only have one right now, a CZ75B-SA that I picked up a few months ago but it has quickly become my favorite. A 75 compact is high on the wish list right now, the full size is a pleasure to shoot but a bit heavy for an EDC piece for me.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #2890 on: August 11, 2016, 10:25:18 PM »

Nice! I am really impressed with CZ's. I only have one right now, a CZ75B-SA that I picked up a few months ago but it has quickly become my favorite. A 75 compact is high on the wish list right now, the full size is a pleasure to shoot but a bit heavy for an EDC piece for me.
This one here is a DA/SA. That lever you see is the decocker. About an 8.5# first pull and 4# after that. You can carry it fully cocked and is has a firing pin block that will not allow it to fire unless the trigger is pulled. That 4# trigger on the first pull might get a little hairy though. I carry it at half cocked as you see in the pix.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2891 on: August 12, 2016, 10:59:12 AM »

Just sold my 238, didn't like the length of pull. To short for me, finger sticks through all the way to my second joint of my trigger finger.

BigLew

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #2892 on: August 12, 2016, 05:11:12 PM »

Thanks Mike. I too, bought one in May. Love the gun. Very accurate and it just plain "feels good" in my hands.  I just returned from Sturgis, wearing it 5 full days both riding and walking. Never knew it was there.  My next purchase will also be a PCR. I just need to find the right one.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

bfd7165

• Air Wolf
    • IL

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited Siver/Palladium Blue
    • S
« Reply #2893 on: October 30, 2016, 12:27:06 AM »

Everwhere its legal.
2016 CVO Limited
117 Kit
Reinharts

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #2894 on: October 31, 2016, 07:38:16 PM »

:nixweiss:just added to the aresnal. Kimber
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 201

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 22 queries.