Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 585198 times)

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2910 on: April 28, 2017, 10:09:02 PM »

I carry a Sig 2022 in 9mm.

I know this is mainly a handgun thread but just had to share what i just ordered a couple days ago.....cant wait to break her in.

Vepr 12

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #2911 on: April 28, 2017, 11:08:14 PM »

DONT change any parts as far as trigger goes in your EDC firearm. Learn how to run the trigger you have without getting out of alignment. If you end up in court after having to open fire and possible kill someone you are f$%*ed if you changed out the trigger from factory.

I have 2 Lbs triggers in my competition firearms (open) but would never even consider that in a EDC. Running a 4.5 lbs in a WC for that.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #2912 on: April 29, 2017, 05:11:57 PM »

Mike,  your PCR looks nice. I just found one at CGW and am on their 8wk list for a bushing some sights and the pro package.  Can't wait to get it back.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2913 on: April 29, 2017, 08:34:28 PM »

Mike,  your PCR looks nice. I just found one at CGW and am on their 8wk list for a bushing some sights and the pro package.  Can't wait to get it back.
That should be a very gun to shoot.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2914 on: April 30, 2017, 07:35:52 PM »

:-\

OK, here is the deal.  A few months ago,  I subscribed to the USCCA magazine as I was in progress of taking my CC class.  As many of you must already know,  I got email blasted by them to sign up for their coverage in case of an incident involving my pulling the gun and or firing it due to a conflict, etc.

For most of that time,  I was not in any hurry to join up,  cause my permit had not yet been issued.  Why would I want to pay for some month or two of coverage when the whole deal would not yet apply to me. :confused5:

Lets be clear that I totally believe each and every "carry" person ought to have insurance coverage as the USCCA provides,  I was all set to get my own policy..........as I just last week finally got my permit.

Fast forward to recieving my latest NRA mag this week.   Oooooops,  the NRA is now offering a similar package that covers you in case of an "incident".   The costs are fairly close,  and now I'm scratching my head as to which package to go for.

Have any of you made the comparisions and decided to switch...........or what comments do any of you all have as to either plan. :nixweiss:

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #2915 on: May 07, 2017, 02:17:37 PM »

In case you all haven't heard about this program yet. Here is something to check out so that you are prepared for the aftermath of a critical incident. It not only protects you but your spouse and whole family........

https://www.nracarryguard.com/membership

The video is worth watching but does take about an hour :

https://www.nratv.com/series/speeches/video/dana-loesch-nra-carry-guard-the-best-protection-for-those-who-carry/episode/speeches-season-23-episode-3-2017-nra-annual-meetings

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2916 on: May 07, 2017, 06:59:13 PM »

::)
Wow,

Thanks to VaE..........for after about 7 days,  responding in some form to my inquiry.  I'm somewhat "stunned" that a posting that is nearly 10 years old,  and has shown avid responses to just which guns and/or models of same......that different guys feel is the way to go.....but for a forum (CVO Harleys)......which suggest those on board with it,  have had or have the bucks to have a Harley that is nearly double what a standard Harley off the floor would be........but somehow just maybe can't seem to recognize the need/priority/save ur azz scenario that says YOU NEED TO HAVE SOME KIND OF POLICY THAT WILL PROTECT YOU IF YOUR (concealed carry) desire gets you into an (incident).

Unless you're rich enough to "self" insure your actions/health/etc.  You are at extreme risk to be carrying and not have some kind of policy from either USCCA or now the NRA making their own offering.

Just sayin..................... :nixweiss:

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #2917 on: May 07, 2017, 10:31:46 PM »

The costs are fairly close,  and now I'm scratching my head as to which package to go for.

Have any of you made the comparisions and decided to switch...........or what comments do any of you all have as to either plan. :nixweiss:
One of the big differences between USCCA and the NRA insurance packages is that USCCA provides money right up front for hiring an attorney--NRA does NOT.  NRA insurance says they reimburse you only after you are found not guilty or charges are dropped. 

My experience with attorneys is that they want retainer money right up front, and the more time they expect to spend on the case (and probably the worse the charges), the more they want.  So unless you have $50,000 or $100,000 in cash available immediately to hand over to an attorney...I'd side with USCCA.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #2918 on: May 08, 2017, 10:34:34 AM »

From the NRA Carryguard FAQ page:
Is the payment of criminal defense costs on a reimbursement basis?

Yes, payment of criminal defense costs is on a reimbursement basis. State laws prohibit insurance companies from covering their policy holders’ criminal acts. Once charges against you are dropped or you are found not guilty, NRA Carry Guard protection will reimburse your criminal defense costs up to the sublimit provided by your membership level, less any Supplementary Payments made.

So if true I don't know how USCCA could bypass insurance laws? I know one area covered in the video link above talks about importance of getting the right lawyer and having a knowledgeable one try to convince law enforcement and prosecuters from ever bringing charges to begin with. Just my .02 but having a group that's nationwide and been around for 146 years should have a larger pool of info and resources to rely upon and shouldn't be going bankrupt anytime soon.

More info from website:
How does NRA Carry Guard compare to other similar programs?

NRA Carry Guard is the only carry program developed and supported by the NRA and includes NRA training and education. This is the premier product available on the market today and all benefits are fully insured by Chubb®, the largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company in the world.  We encourage you to compare the following highlights of membership to other plans:

Each NRA Carry Guard Member has his or her own insurance limit. Other plans may have a shared limit among all members.

Spouses are automatically covered at no additional cost.

Family members who live with the NRA Carry Guard member are covered for acts of self-defense in the home at no additional cost.

Civil defense legal fees are in addition to the insurance limit for each membership level.

All NRA Carry Guard benefits are fully insured. Other plans may utilize a committee to determine whether benefits apply.

NRA Carry Guard members have immediate access to supplementary payments as needed of up to 20% of the Criminal Defense Costs limit including:
        Attorney consultation and retainer fees
        Bail money
        Member loss of earning up to $250 per day
        Lawful replacement of legally possessed firearm
        Clean-up costs for member’s residence
        Psychological support counseling

NRA Carry Guard provides access to legal assistance as well as the ability to select your own counsel.
    NRA Carry Guard membership provides access to exclusive NRA training and education programs.

For specific questons related to you and your family I would give them a call,

1-866-NRA-5050

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2919 on: May 08, 2017, 07:48:31 PM »

:nixweiss:
I'm thinkin' that my question is coming too soon after the NRA has decided to (compete) in this market.  I've been a long time (on and off again) member of the NRA and for several of the last few years.  Getting their monthly magazine and their :-\  two or three times a month......mailings looking for more donations......."Your dues are not enough" ::)

Anyway,  up till just very recently,  I did not know about the NRA being involved in even offering such an insurance type package as does the USCCA.

So,  just maybe noone can really assess the differences in coverage till some time passes and some members have some claim experience to talk about. :confused5:

I'm kinda inclined to go with the USCCA as they have been at this coverage for quite a while I believe and I have seen video clips of members that have had to use their services.  As for the NRA similar service,  I have seen zero/zip/nada. :oops:

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2920 on: May 08, 2017, 09:59:37 PM »

:nixweiss:
I'm thinkin' that my question is coming too soon after the NRA has decided to (compete) in this market.  I've been a long time (on and off again) member of the NRA and for several of the last few years.  Getting their monthly magazine and their :-\  two or three times a month......mailings looking for more donations......."Your dues are not enough" ::)

Anyway,  up till just very recently,  I did not know about the NRA being involved in even offering such an insurance type package as does the USCCA.

So,  just maybe noone can really assess the differences in coverage till some time passes and some members have some claim experience to talk about. :confused5:

I'm kinda inclined to go with the USCCA as they have been at this coverage for quite a while I believe and I have seen video clips of members that have had to use their services.  As for the NRA similar service,  I have seen zero/zip/nada. :oops:
Geez,,, I thought I was special getting all the "extra" mail from them. I had to use the spam button on my email for them too.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Para Bellum

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2921 on: May 09, 2017, 12:48:48 AM »

So if true I don't know how USCCA could bypass insurance laws?
Maybe they are in different states?  USCCA clearly says they provide $$ up front.

I don't like the way NRA says "(can't) cover criminal acts;" seems like weasel words.  We're buying "legal insurance" to cover attorney's fees. (Wonder if we could just get one of those insurance policies that covers legal expenses?)

Just my .02 but having a group that's nationwide and been around for 146 years should have a larger pool of info and resources to rely upon and shouldn't be going bankrupt anytime soon.
What matters is that a solid insurance company is underwriting the policy, not that it's NRA vs. USCCA.  The NRA is using Chubb, which seems to be solid; CCA says "This liability policy is issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, a subsidiary of State National Companies, Inc. State National Companies currently writes over $600 million in premiums. United Specialty Insurance Company is rated ‘A’ by A.M. Best."

Here's the CCA statement of benefits:  https://d3rmvquxnxa9wt.cloudfront.net/pdf/guides/USCCA_MemberResourceGuide.pdf

BTW, I don't have either NRA or CCA coverage...but I'm sure looking hard.

Para Bellum

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2922 on: May 09, 2017, 01:17:47 AM »

I did some research, and quickly found this "legal expenses insurance" plan that pays for attorney fees in criminal cases and most other kinds of legal matters.  The info on their site says it's about $20/month.

U.S.LEGAL'S FAMILY DEFENDER ™ PAYS ATTORNEYS' FEES

Covered in full               Dependent & spouse covered
Consultations   √                                 √
Phone/Office   √                                  √
Consumer Law   √                                    √
Will, Living Will, Trust, P.O.A.   √                   √
Civil Actions, Plaintiff/Defendant   √          √
Adoptions   √                                         √
Real Estate Transactions   √                 √
Landlord/Tenant Law   √                           √
Traffic Violations   √                                 √
Preparation of Legal Documents   √          √
Juvenile Defense   √                                 √
Family Law *+   12 Hours   √
Criminal Violations   √                          √
Personal Injury   √                                 √
Bankruptcy Chapter 7 only   √                  √
Immigration   √                                  √
Identity Theft   √                                  √
All other matters **   √                         √

* After 12 hours, there is an additional 33% discount
** Covered at a 33% discount
+120 day waiting period

This kind of policy covers almost all legal expenses, not just self-defense incidents, so it might be a better kind of policy.  One drawback, though, is that it doesn't pay for bail money, but if you can afford to cover your own bail...
Site:  http://www.uslegalservices.net/legal-insurance-plans

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #2923 on: May 09, 2017, 01:11:13 PM »

I believe in every gun owner should consider the responsibility of gun ownership and look at the realities of their use. Insurance is one of those things in life no one hopes or expects to use but it's nice when it's needed. We all may be "forced by law" to carry it on our bikes and other vehicles and maybe by mortgage companies to carry insurance on our homes. But so far we are not forced to have insurance for gun ownership.
The fact is no one policy by anyone is going to be perfect for just one person's needs and if you examine the policies with a fine tooth comb you could pick any one apart and invent a scene where you object if you want to bad enough. Little things like one policy may not cover you if you drink or have taken drugs during incident, or work in law enforcement or security where you shoot while on the job etc.  So you need to do your homework and see what works best for you and your family.
If all you are concerned about is personal liability then even an Umbrella Policy written for you by your homeowner's insurance could be the cheapest and easiest route to take.
Some of the policies mentioned just pay for your legal fees but it appears to be up to you to select a lawyer, Are you up to date who is the best criminal defense or civil court lawyer in your area or the area you have traveled too? Or will you choices be made on those late nite infomercials about "The Hammer" lawyer who will smash the competition etc.
The reason I brought up the NRA policy earlier is that it is geared for the average citizen with no "shoot, don't shoot" training not only on the range but in the classroom for legal preparation to help prevent a bad scenario to begin with but then of course advice and support after an incident has happened.
Some of us on the website don't need some aspects of the NRA plan but many might especially if they got their legal advice from TV shows. Then all of us may need refresher info from time to time to changing court cases and to consider the total cost of a critical incident from it's start to the aftermath.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2924 on: May 09, 2017, 04:15:19 PM »

:-\
"Some of the policies mentioned just pay for your legal fees but it appears to be up to you to select a lawyer, Are you up to date who is the best criminal defense or civil court lawyer in your area or the area you have traveled too? Or will you choices be made on those late nite infomercials about "The Hammer" lawyer who will smash the competition etc."

VAe.....I believe that I saw evidence in the USCCA videos/writeups,  that they had info on (gun friendly/savvy) attorneys in each of the States that they could refer you to in case of an incident.........although you were free to choose your own if you wished. :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 201

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 22 queries.