Custom Vehicle Discussions > 1999 FXR2/1999 FXR3/2000 FXR4

FXR-CVO Forward Controls

(1/2) > >>

richfxr2:
I have a FXR2 and would like to install forward controls.  The Harley Dyna/FXR part will not fit.  Could anyone advise a product, and what modifications, if any, need to be done?  Thanks.  
Attached a pic of my bike in the garage.  Floor is peel and stick tile, looks nice and was priced right.  

Minglewood:
On my FXR4.  No mods required.

richfxr2:
Thanks Minglewood....a few questions:
1. Did you have to take the pipes off?
2. On the shifter side did you put a chrome, cover over the shifter spline, or remove the spline shaft through the inner primary cover? If yes, on removing the shaft, what kind of plug do you install on the inner primary cover?  

RedFXR2:
There is an online site that displays H-D schematics for their bikes.  It's BikeBandit at:

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/OEM.asp

They use their own part numbers but from what I can tell by trading e-mails with them, they charge exactly what H-D does for factory parts, and the schematics may help you in your particular questions.  At the very least, they'll tell you if Harley made a particular setup for your bike.  Try looking at the schematics for FXR3's and 4's to see if the forward controls are displayed--I bet they are.

Hope this helps.

hatchetjak:
I bought Kuryakyn controls for my fxr4. Just order them for an 82 through 94 fxr and you'll be fine.  They supply a chrome cover for the splined shaft the stock shifter was attached to. I removed the exhaust on mine....went pretty easy. The controls are well made and work great. I paid 299 plus shipping

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version