Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Boots  (Read 6001 times)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Boots
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 08:59:54 AM »

Funny, how do you mean Funny, like a clown, I amuse you, comon tell me  :rolleyes3:
Like a baseball bat in the middle of a corn field :huepfenjump3: :D ;D

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 01:08:48 PM »

Been wearing Cruiserworks since 1999/2000

Feel like runners (tennis shoes?) light and flexable, waterproof like nothing I have ever had, what's not to like?

:pumpkin:

Their site says they will be in Fletcher NC 24 - 26 September... a short ride from Maggie Valley!

I'm with Jamey! Best riding boot Ive worn. :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 11:39:49 PM »

The most comfortable boot I've ever wore (yes, more comfortable than Cruiserworks) is the 9" Classic side zip Original Swat (several other Nor Cal members wear them, too).........   http://www.originalswat.com/productdetail.php?product_id=NTY=&category_id=MTA=
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

trot

• trot
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Live well, Laugh often, Love much.

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 02:37:41 PM »

Been wearing Cruiserworks since 1999/2000

Feel like runners (tennis shoes?) light and flexable, waterproof like nothing I have ever had, what's not to like?

Their site says they will be in Fletcher NC 24 - 26 September... a short ride from Maggie Valley!
Just got my cruiserworks boots today brilliantly comfortable, well impressed, thanks for the tip Mr We.
They are one million per cent better than my H-D Iroquois High which are now on e-bay.
Trot
"The shows not over till the Fat Lady sings."

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 03:52:06 PM »

I wear the Original Swat boot also, but I am not a fan of the zipper located in the side of the boot. It has been my experience that the zippers seem to break on a regular basis, so I choose to return to the original lace up style.  They are by far the most comfortable boot I have ever worn for both riding and all around use....

boerne free bird

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE
    • CVO3: 2003 FLHRSE
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 11:46:33 PM »

I have never tried FXRG boots. but I have both original SWAT and Cruiser Works. Original SWAT are definitely more comfortable if your going to do a lot of walking. I'm an MSF instructor, so I'm on my feet on hot asphalt for a good part of each coaching day, and the SWATs are the boot of choice for that. However, for riding, then walking around a rally or something, the Cruiser Works are plenty comfortable and definitely more waterproof, which is a huge plus. I find that they have a better grip on the pavement than the SWATs. I just had my Cruiser Works resoled and they are like new.

If I remember correctly, though, you can but three pair of original SWATs for the price of a pair of Cruiser Works.
live free and ride safe

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 04:04:55 PM »

I wear the Original Swat boot also, but I am not a fan of the zipper located in the side of the boot. It has been my experience that the zippers seem to break on a regular basis, so I choose to return to the original lace up style.  They are by far the most comfortable boot I have ever worn for both riding and all around use....

Maybe its an Air Force kinda thang, but I always thought it looked...

happy?  :nixweiss:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 04:13:24 PM »

I love my SWAT Boots!  Thanks JC for the recommendation way back when!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 04:40:46 PM »

I have never tried FXRG boots. but I have both original SWAT and Cruiser Works. Original SWAT are definitely more comfortable if your going to do a lot of walking. I'm an MSF instructor, so I'm on my feet on hot asphalt for a good part of each coaching day, and the SWATs are the boot of choice for that. However, for riding, then walking around a rally or something, the Cruiser Works are plenty comfortable and definitely more waterproof, which is a huge plus. I find that they have a better grip on the pavement than the SWATs. I just had my Cruiser Works resoled and they are like new.

If I remember correctly, though, you can but three pair of original SWATs for the price of a pair of Cruiser Works.

I'll have to check that out... I'm an MSF instructor as well and can't imagine being out on the asphalt all day with anything but my Cruiserworks, but there is always room for growth. Had mine resoled two years ago, they're good for another 50,000 miles anyway...  Now when y'all say SWAT boots, is that a brand name?
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 04:49:01 PM »

I'll have to check that out... I'm an MSF instructor as well and can't imagine being out on the asphalt all day with anything but my Cruiserworks, but there is always room for growth. Had mine resoled two years ago, they're good for another 50,000 miles anyway...  Now when y'all say SWAT boots, is that a brand name? :pumpkin:

Sure is!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

ThomasK

• Full CVO Member
    • CVO2: 2011 SE Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 05:37:59 AM »

Last year we have had a 13 hour trip back home to Frankfurt/Germany from Flrence/Italie.
13 hours non stop heavy rain. The FXRG boots kept my feet dry all the time!!
I am glad to have them
Greetings
Thomas
Greetings from Frankfurt/Germany
ThomasK

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 05:58:33 AM »

Was at my dealer last yesterday, scored a pair of FXRG boots in the discount rack $66 yeah :2 vrolijk _21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

ThomasK

• Full CVO Member
    • CVO2: 2011 SE Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 09:09:26 AM »

Great deal :pepper:
Greetings from Frankfurt/Germany
ThomasK

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 11:08:54 AM »

2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2009, 02:59:29 PM »

Not the FXRG Boots, but the same style.  I get Tactical Boots from LA Police Gear (multiple vendors available).  You can get waterproof or not, zipper side or not and insulated or not.  Heights of 6", 7", 8" and 9". 

Personally I use the insulated boots year round, even in the South.  What keeps the cold away in the Winter also keeps the heat from the road and engine away in the Summer.

Lots of support for your ankles but comfortable enough to wear all day, even when not riding.

Just some thoughts.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.862 seconds with 21 queries.