Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyna puked oil  (Read 2633 times)

Y2KFLH

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dyna puked oil
« on: June 04, 2005, 02:31:35 AM »

My buddy was riding in tonite and his bike puked oil all over the place. We went out and checked the bike over, it almost appears that the oil came from his oil sending unit, or one of the hoses that comes/goes from the oil pump. There was nothing obvious as far as a massive leak, but, there was oil from the front of the engine on back. None appeared to be from the filter,so, that's not the obvious culprit.So much leaked out that his bike was really knockin' by the time he parked it. It was a sudden dump, happened a couple miles from work, wasn't leakin' prior to it and it happened while he was runnin'. It's a '96 Dyna, 1340. 13k miles      I've heard of sportys pukin' oil on startup in the driveway, this just isn't the same. We loaded his bike on a buddy's pickup, don't want to risk running it til we get some oil back in her. What's up? any ideas or anyone seen this happen? He's bringing it to the dealer, maybe you guys could help save him a big labor bill? Thanks, Mike  

Y2KFLH

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Dyna puked oil
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 08:15:35 PM »

never mind , rear pushrod seat ,came loose, and that is where the oil came from.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 24 queries.