Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Old (Classic) SERG Winter Upgrades  (Read 39299 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Old (Classic) SERG Winter Upgrades
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2009, 12:05:38 PM »

Which RedBike will make the 'devil run' to Ga?  I might not make the  ES but get to Ga.  Just wondering?   :drink: har!  spyder

Don't know Spyder.  Guess I should decide sometime...

Ok, Road Glide in Arkansas and SEEG to Georgia.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2009, 12:07:52 PM »

Strictly cosmetic, Howie...  And the SE Tapered pushrods were just for convenience...

Thanks...

Hey Scott?  Did you see Howie there trying to rationalize getting the pretty lifter blocks :huepfenlol2:

Howie, you don't need a reason man.  Just Do IT.  They look good.  And those sets being sold on eBay by someone are cheap too.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2009, 12:09:39 PM »

Hey Scott?  Did you see Howie there trying to rationalize getting the pretty lifter blocks :huepfenlol2:

Howie, you don't need a reason man.  Just Do IT.  They look good.  And those sets being sold on eBay by someone are cheap too.

I noticed!  Winter OCD!
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2009, 12:11:38 PM »

What's a good price on those?  :nixweiss:I've been lusting after them for some time now  :-*(you and Scott haven't helped w/ the pics either)  ::)har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2009, 12:14:10 PM »

I tried Don! But Scott just didn't convince me there Don! Maybe he should'a embellished a lil! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2009, 01:51:53 PM »

I tried Don! But Scott just didn't convince me there Don! Maybe he should'a embellished a lil! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie, Scott was just being modest.  He's good that way.  But I'll tell you the rest of the story.  After all, I've got them on both bikes so I must know how to make it up what it is.

First off those vertial ball milled design elements in the pushrod tubes cause enhanced turublating vortices for the air flow entering the intake.  In case you're wondering, yes, this is a good thing.  The extra spin tickles the intake and throttle body.  And an intake and throttle body that are tickled can't be bad.  This TTE (turbulator tickling effect) accounts for 20 to 25 extra hp.

More important to your current situation, however, are the lifter blocks.  Once again it's all in the ball milled design and their matching ball milled o-ring.  That special ball milled o-ring has lifter reanimating super powers built in to it.  Wirelessly.  Your lifter would have survived another 100,000 miles with those o-rings.  But they only work with these lifter blocks. 

On top of all that; it all just looks good.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2009, 04:14:08 AM »

The Road Glide just got more chit.  Six weeks or so ago saw a luxury rich red Ultra tour pak on eBay for about $350 shipped.  It was a little dinged up but not bad.  Couple of little spots that will cover well enough with some touch up paint for the little bit of service it will see.

Got it because my niece likes riding better with the big tour pak's backrest.  She likes having the arms come around her.  Will probably end up spending almost as much for a backrest from Corbin made to match the saddle as I did for the tour pak itself.  But I'm a little drunk tonight so I don't really care.

Needed to do something to make the Scotch last longer and a box with all the spare antenna leads, harness bits and other pieces I'd need to button this thing up had shown up yesterday.  So started screwing with it an hour and a half or so ago.  Had to build a harness to tie it all together under the plate but it's nice and tidy now; and still serviceable.  New deutsch connector up front and she plugs up just like the stock chopped tour pak.

Not sure if this photo was just that dark or if I was working in the garage with the lights off and just didn't realize it.  No lid back on yet because the new billet hinges have to be put on yet.  But it works now.  Whoopee...

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2009, 10:00:27 AM »

Most excellent Don. Getting ready to head down that path w/ my '09.

Burp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2009, 12:54:07 PM »

Most excellent Don. Getting ready to head down that path w/ my '09.

Burp

Got to admit I wouldn't have done if it hadn't been a cheap score that was already the right color.  The Bushtec trailer behind the bikes make the King pak all but unnecessary for travel.  Really did just get it to make The Kid more comfortable when she rides. 

It might get some occasional local weekend travel use just because it's here now.  So having it available won't be a bad thing.  I do like the look of the Ultra package on the rear of the King paks so hope that having it staring me in the face in the garage all the time doesn't eventually force me to cut the King pak for the SEEG and do the same thing.  Nah, even I'm not that nuts.

III

« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2009, 06:58:30 PM »

2Lane, What is the part # of the SE 6-speed. Been looking at a 33102-03A but getting conflicting year/model numbers.
The bike looooks sharp.  :cherry:

III

Edit: Found it. Need part #33101-03A
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 09:26:08 PM by III »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »

Edit: Found it. Need part #33101-03A

Yes, that's it for 1990-2000.  If you happen to find a good deal on the 33101-03 kit that preceded the 03A it's worth consideration too.  Believe the difference to be only the change in shift drums that adds the detent so you no longer feel like you're perpetually downshifting as you slow down.  If a dealer has this old gear kit in stock it's not going to be a fast mover.  Probably been in stock for awhile.  Might be a high dollar item they'd discount a bit.  The extra gear really made this is a nicer bike on the highway :2vrolijk_21: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2009, 08:24:01 PM »

The pad arrived from Corbin sometime today for the King Tour Pak had mentioned before.  It was an eBay score that was cheap enough to (maybe) justify getting just for the occasional need.  Happened to be the right color to begin with is what made it worthwhile to pursue.

The tour pak looks good from five feet (ok, maybe eight).  Up close you'll see a few battle marks and other places where I went after it with a bottle of touch up paint.  All in all it's ok though.  My niece likes to ride with the big wrap around backrest pad from Corbin better.  That's the biggest reason I pulled the trigger on it.  But it may get other use besides her riding time.  Getting the new Corbin pad to match the seat cost as much as the damned tour pak did.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2009, 08:25:05 PM »

Still have to do something with the holes for the speaker pods that used to be there.  Someday.  Maybe.  Then again for the limited use it'll get maybe not either....  :drink:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2009, 08:26:40 PM »

Pleased with the design layout choices.  The three reds are in the right places to make it flow with the seat.  Even got another tour pak emblem to make it look like it belong there.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2009, 08:28:15 PM »

If was going to get the matching backrest I lucked out calling when I did.  Turns out Corbin was discontinuing the red leather that I'd used in the seat.  Only using up old stock now.  They had a piece large enough to do this center section.  But apparently couldn't have done another entire saddle.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 25 queries.