Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Cooling Fans  (Read 3688 times)

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

Cooling Fans
« on: October 01, 2019, 11:59:58 AM »

WELL I can not find Jason Wards  cooling fans anywhere. I assume he is out of business?

I see Love Jugs has copied them?

Any suggestions?

From what i read i really dont want to reward love jugs for being pricks against a fellow Vet.

Would love suggestions, ideas, first hand accounts...

Thanks
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Cooling Fans
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 12:53:00 PM »

Jason is out of business. I have tried emailing and calling him. Both were dead leads. You can buy "a similar design" over at LoveJuggs.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 06:07:30 PM »

G’day Mountainman Streetbob,

I had Wards on Lucille & one of the fans died. As they have gone out of business I looked atbb Bn other options as I am not a fan of love jugs ( pun intended).

Lucille is a 2015 FLTRUSE & I put HD
CoolFlow Fan Part Number 26800128 on & it works at least as well a the wards without having fans hanging off the side of the motor.

It basically sucks the air off the back cylinder & pushes it to the road. Cooler on my right leg & nads.

The catalogue says 2017 & up but it works fine on Lucille. I have no idea what year you are looking at but It’s worth having a look.

Cheers Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trippy

• Full CVO Member
  • 2007 CVO Road King 113cu Stage 4 Baker F6R
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 06:57:49 PM »

Love jugs bought the design, they market them as "Mighty mites", I have them on my 2007 cvo RK 113cu stage 4,  they are so effective that if was to switch them on at start up my bike would take forever to come off its cold start settings.

One of my best buys.
WHUFC   COYI

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 10:03:08 AM »

I recently found one of Wards fans business cards but as op said out of business. been happy with mine.

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 01:57:34 PM »

There is also the pricey Jims Force Flow that replaces the horn and provide a fan and horn in one unit
https://www.jpcycles.com/product/562-885/jims-black-forceflow-cylinder-head-fan-kit
2008 FLHRSE4 (105 Anni)- V&H Dresser duals and slash cut mufflers, Big Sucker AI, PCV, Woods 777, JPrecision Heads

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 03:57:41 PM »

I was never a fan of the fans  :drink: I installed the mighty mites this year and I wouldn't have an air cooled Harley without them now. The data I logged proved to me without a doubt they work.

I can't wait for the liquid cooled Indian challenger comes to market. A true water cooled engine.

Wut the hell was that maneuver

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 08:16:00 PM »

I added the Love Jugs Mighty Mite fans and painted them granite to match the motor. I don't care for the looks much so this helped them blend in better.

I ride 25,000-30,000 miles a year with a group of other friends all over the country. I have the biggest motor at the highest compression (11:1). EVERY bike except for mine will drop down to one cylinder on hot days at stoplights. My bike frequently dropped to one cylinder before these fans. I even had to ask my tuner if he disabled EITMS at some point because it never kicked on.

I don't have quantitative data as far as temperatures, but my experiences in the saddle tell me they work.

Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 09:49:54 PM »

Love jugs bought the design, they market them as "Mighty mites",

just a small correction.  love jugs did not 'buy' the design.  they claimed they had a patent prior to ward developing his fans, so sicked their lawyers on him.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 07:58:14 AM by skratch »
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

trippy

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 04:34:29 PM »

I stand corrected,A bit surprised, I remember seeing the Wards Fans a long time before I ever saw the Love jugs Mighty mites,  But they are still a great set of fans, Really cannot see the need for the larger Love Jugs.
WHUFC   COYI

davidw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 08:16:46 PM »

Love jugs sued Jason Ward, who at the time was active duty military, LJ got the patient on the same fan as Jason Ward, then had his Lawyers tell Jason to
ceast and exist with the fans, which Jason had to comply, I worte about this LJ came after me saying I was lying. I just don't like crooks screwing the honest guy trying to make an honest buck, you make you mind up on the type of fan you would buy!

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2019, 10:18:01 PM »

Love jugs sued Jason Ward, who at the time was active duty military, LJ got the patient on the same fan as Jason Ward, then had his Lawyers tell Jason to
ceast and exist with the fans, which Jason had to comply, I worte about this LJ came after me saying I was lying. I just don't like crooks screwing the honest guy trying to make an honest buck, you make you mind up on the type of fan you would buy!

Wards were my first choice, but they were out of business by the time I was ready to buy, and there were none out there used.

I hate supporting someone like that, but unfortunately had a need for his product :(
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

trippy

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 08:17:32 AM »

Davidw221,  I 100% agree with you on this, as I said , I am sure I saw the Ward fans quite some time before the bigger "love jugs" cam out let alone the smaller ones "Mighty mites".

Theft is theft no problem with that  but if 2 people come up with a similar design at the same time, which is very possible like you I dont like to see the big guy step on the smaller guy, just because he is bigger and has more money to pay for lawyers.

WHUFC   COYI

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 08:33:50 AM »

G’day Mountainman Streetbob,

I had Wards on Lucille & one of the fans died. As they have gone out of business I looked atbb Bn other options as I am not a fan of love jugs ( pun intended).

Lucille is a 2015 FLTRUSE & I put HD
CoolFlow Fan Part Number 26800128 on & it works at least as well a the wards without having fans hanging off the side of the motor.

It basically sucks the air off the back cylinder & pushes it to the road. Cooler on my right leg & nads.

The catalogue says 2017 & up but it works fine on Lucille. I have no idea what year you are looking at but It’s worth having a look.

Cheers Tom

The two products serve different purposes.  The Wards fans directed air at the hottest part of the engine, effectively reducing actual head temperatures.  The Harley fan is strictly for reducing rider discomfort by redirecting hot air from the rear cylinder away from the riders legs.  It doesn't reduce engine temperatures.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 08:43:56 AM »

Thanks Jerry,

That makes sense.

Cheers Tom

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.