Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Rocker box gaskets-FXR  (Read 42518 times)

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Rocker box gaskets-FXR
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2009, 09:20:19 AM »

I'll fix it Tim ..... I deleted my post ..... only needed it to get your attention to the broken link, Thanks Tim !!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:22:08 AM by fxr4mikey »
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2009, 11:38:18 PM »

This has been quite a while ago but I don't think the top heim joint must be removed in order to lower the engine for rocker box access.  It can simply pivot at each end when the motor movers down on the rear mounts.  I think.  But if it must be removed, it's not hard.  You may need to remove the coil for access. 

On the FXR4, I had to remove the coil and the coil mounting bracket. The top hemi joint has to be disconnected to lower the engine in the FXR4
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 09:00:30 PM »

Hello everyone---

Well I am just bringing this "THREAD" back up as I am currently involved in a engine rebuild which brings some updated information relative to this "THREAD".

Also wanted to mention that at least for the 2011 Harley Davidson Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories Catalog one can find on page # 807 Item # K   Hylomar Gasket And Thread Sealant HD# 99653-85 3.5 oz tube $15.95

Also I recently purchased a "Motion Pro" Rocker Box Tool         3/16"  This is a approx 11" long very thin stock metal bar that has a 3/8" cut out which is about 4" from the end, allowing one to get to those difficult to reach rocker cover 3/16" hex head bolts and be able to "torque" them.  Approx price inclusive of shipping $20.00.

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:04:51 PM by FXR2evo99 »

fxr1234

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2011, 03:04:47 AM »

:pepper: I remember doing the rear rocker cover gaskets on 1989 fxr . I used a jack out of 1986 vw diesel placed under engine, removed front motor mount and alignment stabilizer and upper stabilizer engine mount and lowered engine  so front of engine was touching frame cross member. you may also loosen motor to trani bolts to lower it  a bit . I then cut off a allen screw wrench  and made a wrench out of thin flat steel to fit allen screw. FIRST use small vice grip pliers to loosen rear rocker left forward allen screw  it is the hardest to remove and with the least amount of clearance then loosen the other three allen screws. then remove them.
If you can't let go of the bars and steer it with your knees vibration free,  then u got issues .

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2012, 03:55:16 PM »

bump.....

:bananarock:

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2012, 01:59:47 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: 
Picking up a tube of the updated product: Permatex (#85249) "Hylomar Universal Blue Racing Formula Gasket and Flange Sealant" today at the local auto parts store.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 25 queries.