Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ouray, Silverton, Durango, Delores, Telluride Loop.....aka San Juan Scenic Byway  (Read 5280 times)

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE

great ride report, refreshed my memory of that ride...  :2vrolijk_21:  also have to say you inspire a lot of rides that I make
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

great ride report, refreshed my memory of that ride...  :2vrolijk_21:  also have to say you inspire a lot of rides that I make

Thank you!  I hope we can meet up when you're over here on the west side, sometime.  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames

Made that ride last year at the end of May.... Thats a long way down to the bottom so don't look over!  Going back at the end of July taking the wife this time on our way to Sturgis.  Spend the night in Silverton nice little town.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

As I left the Indian Museum in Montrose a few days ago, I rode to the closest credit union to get some cash.  A beutiful red Jeep pulled up (all tricked out, so it caught my attention right away).  We were the only two in the parking lot, at a credit union at the end of a dead end road in Montrose.

The guy walks up to me as I was pulling out and asked "Are you Jock or JCZ or something like that?".  I knew right away it had to be from this forum.  Billdo, from this forum, lives here in the area.  Related that he'd been following both Jock and I for years and really appreciated our posts.  As soon as he saw my bike he was sure it was me and followed me through town to the credit union. 

That's the way I've found this forum to work.  While I've chased down CVOs and pulled them over to talk to them about this forum and give them a business card with the web site address.  First time I've ever had somebody chase me down.

Thanks a bunch Bill for tracking me down.....Jock and I appreciate it.  Just remember, he's the good looking one.    :huepfenlol2::huepfenlol2:                   I look forward to a ride, dinner or what ever with Bill!  :2vrolijk_21:

I went for a ride with Bill and his wife, Christine today.....
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Bill aka Billdoe on this forum...

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Christine.....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

The view from the mesa that we were riding on, here in Colorado, today.....

West Coast GTG   

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member

Thanks JC, brings back a lot of memories. I rode that same route IN 11 or 12 when they had the really bad fires, There was 23 bikes in my group. Spent the night in the hospital in Silverton and got no sleep. When the group left coming down the mtn that morning I went to sleep riding the bike in the morning sunlight. so where is the Babe? I saw where you guys are picking and new digs out there. so when you downsize the rv are you going to buy another 5th wheel or get a self contained and pull a trailer?

BigLew
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 26 queries.