Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: How to remove 2016 Road Glide driver back rest?  (Read 14324 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: How to remove 2016 Road Glide driver back rest?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2016, 09:44:02 PM »

This is amazing, how can something that is so easy confuse people to the point that one guy wants to throw it in the trash. I washed my bike today, it took less than 3 seconds (watched my clock) to remove the backrest from the lower mounting hole. No vise grips or channel locks, no removing the seat to gain access.
Look at the bracket and the backrest while you have the seat off, try it a few times without the seat in your way. This is too easy to cause this much grief.
I can't ride over a hundred miles without one due to the two back surgeries. As mentioned above been using one for 16 years and never had a problem getting it out, or in.
Are you related to GRC? You have about as much compassion for people as he does MoCo.  ;D
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

ultrarider123

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2016, 08:02:05 AM »

Are you related to GRC? You have about as much compassion for people as he does MoCo.  ;D

Now that's phuny rat dare..... :huepfenlol2:

(no offense meant to Jerry or Don.... ;D )

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2016, 10:15:06 AM »

This is amazing, how can something that is so easy confuse people to the point that one guy wants to throw it in the trash. I washed my bike today, it took less than 3 seconds (watched my clock) to remove the backrest from the lower mounting hole. No vise grips or channel locks, no removing the seat to gain access.
Look at the bracket and the backrest while you have the seat off, try it a few times without the seat in your way. This is too easy to cause this much grief.
I can't ride over a hundred miles without one due to the two back surgeries. As mentioned above been using one for 16 years and never had a problem getting it out, or in.
I agree to an extent. I have never had a problem removing, installing or adjusting my backrest and have never read that section of the manual. I don't see the big deal. How ever I am extremely grateful that others don't take that stance when helping me with a problem that probably seems very simple to them.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.555 seconds with 21 queries.