Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: 2011 Screaming Eagle Ultra Road Glide  (Read 43788 times)

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
Re: 2011 Screaming Eagle Ultra Road Glide
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2010, 12:58:43 AM »

DesertHOG,
First off, congratulations on the new bike. I am supposed to get mine (Red and Black) Aug 23. I have a question for you about the NIM (Navigation Interface Module). Harley claims that if you are listening to the radio/cb/intercom that the gps directions will interupt the current mode and then switch back. Have you had a chance to try it out yet. Any info you can provide on this feature as well as the mp3 and phone on the gps is appreciated.
Thanks,
cvosjoe

Joe, I believe their claim but have not taken my GPS out of the box yet. I did read in the manual that if you try to play media file on the GPS you will not hear them through the radio (media files could be interpreted as MP3?). I have also read on other forums that you can hook up via Bluetooth and if you get some add-ons from CallSet, that you can get your phone working through the microphone speaker combo of the intercom. I may try this but frankly I go on the road to get away from the phone. I did read the manual regarding GPS but it's only 5 pages and I believe there is a lot more information in the Zumo660 manual.

GL, DesertHOG

PS: I attached the five pages on GPS from the manual in a ZIP file.

noharley

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2010, 02:56:12 PM »

Deserthog, my wife and I were at Santa Fe H-D on Sat., Aug, 7 while you & your wife were there....IIRC, we were both paying for something at the cashier. Got a look at your bike when you & wife pulled out of the dealership...beautiful machine for sure.

Ken
12" Yaffees
KW 9" Sport Flare
V&H Header/FP3
Rinehart Motopro 45
Legend Revo A
Legend Axeo Cartridges

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2010, 03:57:50 PM »

Bottom line is that they "Old manned out" the SERG. It's that simple, and I couldn't be happier to own a 09 SERG.  :2vrolijk_21:
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2010, 04:14:44 PM »

Bottom line is that they "Old manned out" the SERG. It's that simple, and I couldn't be happier to own a 09 SERG.  :2vrolijk_21:

Yup, that's exactly what they did and this "old man" is very happy.
Btw, I'd like a 2009 SERG for bangin' round town  :drink: and daytrippers.

Simon

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2010, 10:53:16 PM »

Hmmm, I'm getting one and keeping my 09 SERG!  Who says you cant have 2 CVO's!   (shhh, if my wife asks just tell her it a regular bike!)
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2010, 08:49:49 AM »

Your going to love it.  :2vrolijk_21:
Nice picture from 3rd and Lazzel in Sturgis.  I saw them there too.  I test rode one, its a great machine.  I really do like two of the three colors also.

I need to add the chrome gps mount and the Ipod integration kit too.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2010, 08:47:50 PM »

DesertHOG,
First off, congratulations on the new bike. I am supposed to get mine (Red and Black) Aug 23. I have a question for you about the NIM (Navigation Interface Module). Harley claims that if you are listening to the radio/cb/intercom that the gps directions will interupt the current mode and then switch back. Have you had a chance to try it out yet. Any info you can provide on this feature as well as the mp3 and phone on the gps is appreciated.
Thanks,
cvosjoe

Joe,

Don't know if this will help, but I have the 660 (same one on the cvo). I have it hooked to the Aux port in the front and while listening to any music (XM, radio, CD, or MP3) it will interrupt the music to give you nav directions. I believe (seems to me anyway) that it actually pauses the song on the MP3's when it interupts and then picks right back up where it interrupted at.

I cannot imagine you cannot hear MP3's thru the radio. :nixweiss: Can anyone verify this?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2010, 09:01:38 PM »

Joe,

Don't know if this will help, but I have the 660 (same one on the cvo). I have it hooked to the Aux port in the front and while listening to any music (XM, radio, CD, or MP3) it will interrupt the music to give you nav directions. I believe (seems to me anyway) that it actually pauses the song on the MP3's when it interupts and then picks right back up where it interrupted at.

I cannot imagine you cannot hear MP3's thru the radio. :nixweiss: Can anyone verify this?
Rob,
How did you get yours to pass directions through the speaker while you have XM or Radio playing?  I have to switch my HK head unit over to the "AUX" mode before I can hear the directions on my 660, and that prevents me from listening to the radio.  I can listen to the mp3 on the memory card in the 660 and it does pause the music when giving voice commands.  Did you do something different to allow you to have your radio in AUX and listen to XM or the radio?
:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2010, 09:37:17 AM »

Rob,
How did you get yours to pass directions through the speaker while you have XM or Radio playing?  I have to switch my HK head unit over to the "AUX" mode before I can hear the directions on my 660, and that prevents me from listening to the radio.  I can listen to the mp3 on the memory card in the 660 and it does pause the music when giving voice commands.  Did you do something different to allow you to have your radio in AUX and listen to XM or the radio?
:devil:

Ahhhhh... there in could lie the problem. I have a stock bike and listen to XM and MP3's thru the 660 itself. I forgot you have it in the radio unit itself. I apologize! Wish I could have been more  (any) help!!  :-\

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2010, 10:00:05 AM »

Didn't know if you all saw this topic (I'm sure, but just in case) http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=52216.0 check out reply #3.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 10:05:15 AM by Robmay »

JDLEE

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!!
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2010, 01:19:15 PM »

Test rode the RG Ultra CVO version in Sturgis and the engine temperature was so hot I had to hold my right leg away from the engine on the highway to keep from feeling like my pants were going to catch on fire. This was after the bike had not been ridden for about 45 minutes do to an accident on the demo route. Had 8 to 10 miles of two lane riding (to Whitewood) and then the same mileage back on the Interstate to Sturgis exit 30. Could not believe how hot the engine got. Love the looks and all the extras, but could not stand that much heat.

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2010, 12:30:19 AM »

A few more things, what about engine heat, and heat from the exhaust? How about engine noise from the 110 this year? And how would you rate the quality of the stereo sound at 65 to 80 mph? Thanks.  
Exhaust heat compared to my old Rinehart dual exhaust is way too hot. I am looking for a solution that will probably involved Fullsac X Pipe.
Engine noise: Nothing out of the ordinary.. darn quiet compared to my 103.
Stereo quality is off the charts even at 100+.

Simon

LUV2RYD

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2010, 10:14:39 PM »

Took delivery of our new charcoal slate/black SE Ultra Road Glide today.  When we first rode it a week ago the wind was too much for wife and we didn't do the deal.  Dealer ordered in two different windshields. The smoke tint Kuryakyn one did the job and looks really great on it. Reduced the wind to about what wife experienced on the '07 SE Ultra.  I went with the new screamin eagle slip-on exhaust that look like the supertrapps.  They have a bit louder and deeper sound than the stock CVO mufflers but are street legal stamped and I think they look good with the trumpeted shape and the disc baffles visible.  Didn't get to ride it more than bringing it home and putting it in the garage but plan to put some miles on it this weekend.   Now I'm going to have to change my handle!!
'15 CVO Road Glide Ultra Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
'03 Heritage Classic 100th Silver/Blk

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2010, 10:53:38 PM »

Took delivery of our new charcoal slate/black SE Ultra Road Glide today.  When we first rode it a week ago the wind was too much for wife and we didn't do the deal.  Dealer ordered in two different windshields. The smoke tint Kuryakyn one did the job and looks really great on it. Reduced the wind to about what wife experienced on the '07 SE Ultra.  I went with the new screamin eagle slip-on exhaust that look like the supertrapps.  They have a bit louder and deeper sound than the stock CVO mufflers but are street legal stamped and I think they look good with the trumpeted shape and the disc baffles visible.  Didn't get to ride it more than bringing it home and putting it in the garage but plan to put some miles on it this weekend.   Now I'm going to have to change my handle!!

:worthless:   ;)

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2010, 12:20:01 AM »

Congrats on the new FLTRUSE. I love mine and here's a picture for those who love the visual goodies!

Simon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.