Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: that annoying alarm fob  (Read 4999 times)

towjamin

• It was worth the fight!

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 orange
that annoying alarm fob
« on: January 16, 2008, 07:31:30 PM »

has anyone eliminated the security system on their bike yet? :smash: i hate carring that damn thing, i was told that it can be eliminated by replacing the signal light module :idea2:, anyone try it yet? the last thing anyone stealing your bike is gonna do is start it,  :sauer005: so why bother with this system, and if you take a nice ride 150 miles away shut off your bike then find out it fell off your chain,  :hanged: your screwed, i know they can give you directions to put it in the service mode but hell, the only thing alarms do is keep the owners from using their vehicles, lmk and thanks jamie "just my two cents"
DO SOMETHING,,,, even if it ain't right!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: that annoying alarm fob
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 07:49:52 PM »

has anyone eliminated the security system on their bike yet? :smash: i hate carring that damn thing, i was told that it can be eliminated by replacing the signal light module :idea2:, anyone try it yet? the last thing anyone stealing your bike is gonna do is start it,  :sauer005: so why bother with this system, and if you take a nice ride 150 miles away shut off your bike then find out it fell off your chain,  :hanged: your screwed, i know they can give you directions to put it in the service mode but hell, the only thing alarms do is keep the owners from using their vehicles, lmk and thanks jamie "just my two cents"

What about attaching it to the underside of the seat? That will accomplish the same thing and also give you the capability to use it if you change your mind.

:indian_chief:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 10:03:45 PM »

I bought a new TSM and will be replacing my TSSM with that. That will eliminate the alarm function. I was told that you need to connect to the DT for this. Haven't confirmed it yet though! :o

I started a thread on this in Oct. ;)

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=17216.msg274349#msg274349

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

towjamin

• It was worth the fight!

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 orange
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 08:33:42 AM »

thanks host, you gonna try to install any time soon? i would like to find out if it worked on an 07 before i dive into my 08 with all the extra bullshot on it. as for changing my mind on the security system, it has to go :rifle:, when is the last time anyone did anything about an alarm going off in a car, even if someone was in it? people just walk by annoyed that it is too loud  :sauer055: and dont do a thing, have you ever? not me, just figure their alarm is f ed and go on my way :vrolijk_19:, like i said, the only thing an alarm does is keep the owners from using their own vehicle! :wall: thanks and keep me posted, jamie
DO SOMETHING,,,, even if it ain't right!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 08:39:06 AM »

thanks host, you gonna try to install any time soon? i would like to find out if it worked on an 07 before i dive into my 08 with all the extra bullshot on it. as for changing my mind on the security system, it has to go :rifle:, when is the last time anyone did anything about an alarm going off in a car, even if someone was in it? people just walk by annoyed that it is too loud  :sauer055: and dont do a thing, have you ever? not me, just figure their alarm is f ed and go on my way :vrolijk_19:, like i said, the only thing an alarm does is keep the owners from using their own vehicle! :wall: thanks and keep me posted, jamie

I feel the same way Jamie. I'm rebuilding the engine right now, and the bike's off the road and at the shop. I was going to wait til it got up to my tuner and let him mess with it. This should happen by Spring. I'll let ya'll know what happens. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 06:31:54 PM »

I sometimes forget my FOB but I use the manual PIN entry when I do to disarm the system. That seems to work well. The process is in the manual and after you do it once, its very easy. Turn the ignition on, press both turn signals at the same time, and then enter the pin code using the odometer readout and L/R turn signal buttons. If you choose a simple pin code like 1-2-1-2-1 it only takes a few seconds.
2011 FLHXSE2

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 07:16:14 PM »

I sometimes forget my FOB but I use the manual PIN entry when I do to disarm the system. That seems to work well. The process is in the manual and after you do it once, its very easy. Turn the ignition on, press both turn signals at the same time, and then enter the pin code using the odometer readout and L/R turn signal buttons. If you choose a simple pin code like 1-2-1-2-1 it only takes a few seconds.

OK, I have the secret code for your bike.  Hee Hee.  I did see code like. 

I don't have that feature for my bike, but do for the car.  It is still hard to get used to. 

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 08:01:12 PM »

I still prefer the push button fob for arming and disarming the security system, and I consider the new buttonless systems from the car companies and Harley to be nothing more than a crutch for people who are either too slow mentally or just too lazy to utilize the manual systems.  I wouldn't be surprised to see systems offered in the near future that require implantation of a chip under your skin, so you wouldn't have to remember to carry the fob at all.  Kind of sucks when you want to loan your vehicle to a friend, though.

Rather than fool with replacing the TSSM with a TSM, why not just put the system in service mode or as Chief suggested mount the fob on the bike in a hidden location.  Since you don't plan to use the alarm anyway, it wouldn't matter in terms of theft deterrence if you left the fob with the bike or not.   :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 09:40:53 PM »

I can't imagine anything easier than simply putting a key in my pocket  as I do now.  I don't think I've even had the key in the ignition yet.......  It's gone into alarm a few times for me so far but it's usually someone I know sitting on it.  All I have to do is simply walk close to the bike and it disarms...  If it's it's stolen, I've got insurance.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 06:36:01 AM »

I have my TP removable. I usually carry the keyfob in the TP. One day I took the TP off, with the keyfob in it. I set it down next to the bike (within 10' evidently). Of course it cranked and ran perfectly. I decided to take a run and stop for a beer or two. It wasn't until I came out of the bar and tried to crank it that I realized what happened. Luckily I had access to the Owner's manual ad had written the code on a business card which was in my billfold. Billfold, I never leave home w/o it.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 08:47:45 AM »

I have my TP removable. I usually carry the keyfob in the TP. One day I took the TP off, with the keyfob in it. I set it down next to the bike (within 10' evidently). Of course it cranked and ran perfectly. I decided to take a run and stop for a beer or two. It wasn't until I came out of the bar and tried to crank it that I realized what happened. Luckily I had access to the Owner's manual ad had written the code on a business card which was in my billfold. Billfold, I never leave home w/o it.

Or three or four or.......? :beerchug:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 12:21:33 PM »

Luckily I had access to the Owner's manual ad had written the code on a business card which was in my billfold. Billfold, I never leave home w/o it.

Ken, it's just a good thing you'd not stored your owner's manual in the tour pak previously.  That life form you kept back there would have eaten it ??? .

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 01:21:13 PM »

Ken, it's just a good thing you'd not stored your owner's manual in the tour pak previously.  That life form you kept back there would have eaten it ??? .

Just like "Firedood" and "thongs" go together..SO will "mold" and "Hogbreath"
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 01:27:59 PM »

Just like "Firedood" and "thongs" go together..SO will "mold" and "Hogbreath"
How the he!! did I get in this equation?? :confused5: ::) ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

no911forme

• 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 10:26:52 AM »

I did not like the 08 fob system either. I had the security removed from my Springer. To remove the system, you will have to take it to the Dealer. They have to hook up to the bike with their Harley Software. If you notice on the fobs, there are numbers (this is your code) on them. These numbers are stored in the ECU. While hooked up they have to input all 0's where your code is. Took about 15min to do.
 Best of all was they didn't charge me. They told me I was the first person who wanted it disabled. All is good now !!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.