Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 110 problems: Got the call from my Harley dealer today.....  (Read 6915 times)

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
Re: 110 problems: Got the call from my Harley dealer today.....
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 11:31:58 PM »

lol....

mine was done 4 times already..
the first time both head gaskets and the rear clyinder base gasket started leaking right after I picked the bike up!
the second time the rear cylinder base gasket was still leaking.
the third time they swapped the clyinders and the leak moved to the front clyinder, so they ordered a new clyinder.
The fourth time and the front clyinder still weeps oil......

it's going back again...they are talking about replacing the cases now, I'm going to push for a new motor... :2vrolijk_21:

Good God! If the '07 wasn't such a cool and classic bike, I'm sure it would be gone by now. I respect you for hanging in for an eventual fix! maybe the new motor will do the trick.

jester

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 09:45:18 PM »

chapter 3
well the dealer was open today and as promised Carol was talking to them early this morning.  the story is the recall was done, but not the crankcase bolt.  my assumption is the recall done at the other dealer was just not done very well.  Harley was informed of what wasn't done but there is no feedback from the company what, if anything, happened with the dealer who did a less than complete recall.  After I had a fairly long conversation with the service manager about my expectations I left with my bike being promised back tomorrow.  Later this afternoon I received a call from the service adviser who informed me that my rocker cover was damaged, by the previous poor repair shop, and the company would be replacing that gratis.  Now I should have my machine back Thursday.  I guess we'll see.

jester

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 09:47:02 PM »

chapter 4
bike back on Thursday, been riding most of the day.  No leak evident, looks like everything is fixed, hopefully for good.  sounds like if you have a problem Harley is working to fix it, one step at a time, slowly, not just throwing new engines out there.   I was happy at the end but don't know what kind of response it would have been if I hadn't stayed on em.  I plan on rolling some miles on the next month, this is a good time to be riding in Texas
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 20 queries.