Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 09 Springer supp. service manual  (Read 1983 times)

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
09 Springer supp. service manual
« on: October 03, 2008, 06:01:57 PM »

Has anyone else bought a 2009 FXSTSSE3 supplemental service manual and received it yet? I ordered one and paid for it in early August 2008 and today the dealer told me it still hasn't even been printed yet. I find that hard to believe the MoCo would be selling these bikes for months and still not have a service manual available. There isn't even a back order date.

astromikey

Re: 09 Springer supp. service manual
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 04:45:42 PM »

I bought my 2007 springer in August of 2006 and had to wait a couple months for the supplemental manual.  I was pretty disapointed when it showed up.  It was wafer thin, but still cost like $40 or $50 or something.

kev

• CVO1: FXSTSSE2 2008
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 02:11:07 PM »

Hello astromikey,  what sort of info did you find in the supplement,  I mean is there anything in there I would need to know for servicing.  :nixweiss:
I just checked at my stealer service manual was around £50 and supplement £40 but would have to be ordered

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 09:57:45 PM »

Hello astromikey,  what sort of info did you find in the supplement,  I mean is there anything in there I would need to know for servicing.  :nixweiss:
I just checked at my stealer service manual was around £50 and supplement £40 but would have to be ordered

The only information in the supplemental manuals is for the CVO exclusive equipment like the oil cooler, garage door opener, 110 engine, hydraulic clutch, etc.  All the rest of the information that is common to the standard models is found in the standard manual.  Since H-D didn't see fit to include the standard info in the CVO model manual, you will want to have both.  Pretty good way for them to make an extra $40 or so.  And don't forget, you really should get the Electrical Diagnostic manual as well.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

kev

• CVO1: FXSTSSE2 2008
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 05:34:26 AM »

Thanks Jerry
Thats exactly what I needed to know

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 10:17:32 AM »

Out of the blue my 09 service manual arrived so I'm happy again. If you plan on servicing your own bike, more than fluids, it is a must to own. It includes anything not on standard softail bikes, such as rocker bearings, steering head bearings and everything else specific to this bike.

astromikey

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »

sorry I'm late ... ditto whar grc said ... I thought it was funny that they charged so much for it, but in the end I'm glad I bought it ... but I'm wierd about manuals that way.  even if the only thing in it was about the new tail light ... I still would have been glad to have bought it.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.