Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how are 09 "110 springers" holding up? any problems out there  (Read 4137 times)

yardbug

• BE GOOD, AND IF YOU CAN'T BE GOOD, BE GOOD AT IT!

• CVO1: 09 FXSTSSE3
how are 09 "110 springers" holding up? any problems out there
« on: September 09, 2009, 10:43:27 AM »

I have a 09  cvo Springer and was curious if any major concerns were brewing.  My 09 has 7500 miles and a few issues.  ( rust in oil tank, front tire air leaks, tire cupping, burning oil, lagging on acceleration, and engine chatter on warm engine take off)   Love the power and ride.  I have taken one long trip to the smokey mountains for 3k miles.  My mods include a race tuner, v&h big radius pipes, and dyno'd.  I have read other articles of riders with some of the same concerns that I've expierenced and would like the know of any other potential problems befor my next long trip.

bogman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO-Softail-Springer-FXSTSSE3
Re: how are 09 "110 springers" holding up? any problems out there
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 01:42:03 PM »

Nearly 13,500 miles on mine since mid March, few niggly problems, splines in gear lever (soft alloy) gave up the ghost on a 7500 mile trip around Europe, few spots of rust on the upper springs and chrome falling off the side stand where it meets the ground, engine sweet cept once or twice while at the rally in Faro Portugal in huge traffic jam, weather close to 40c............................thought I noticed the engine running on just one cylinder twice, soon as took off the problem resolved itself

Recently after startup the engine races for about 5 minutes, think its due a service although I did an oil, brake pad & tyre change near the end of that trip, oil at 5500 miles
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:45:05 PM by bogman »

Sinker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 05:34:16 PM »

I have a 2009 that I just got about 3 months ago.  I have 2000 miles and it is in the shop for leaking oil out of the breather.  For some reason it takes a week to order the gaskets.  Hope to have it back by this weekend.  I also have an issue with the Swingarm blueing by the pipes but it doesn't appear that the MOCO is gonna do anything about it.  Other than that, I love riding the bike, it is a blast!

Sinker

Herrmen

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 11:01:54 AM »

Well, I am actually taking my springer to the dealer this weekend due to a weeping rear cylinder. I hope it is just a leaking rocker box gasket but I guess we will have to see.

Dustin

ed ammon

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 05:34:00 AM »

MY 2008 cvo springer has the issue with the front tire cupping as well, The dealer told me I should replace it because I had it in for a new rear swingarm and a new rear tire. Looks like the factory forgot to put the rubber piece that goes on the frame to protect the swingarm from banging against the frame. At 5000 miles spending 300 for a rear tire installed is a little expensive but I just left the front one on untill I wear it out. I think they all cup.

BMF-110

• " Ride Loud, Ride Proud "
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "Guess where"

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 SERT V&H Big Radius-SERT-Bags- Seat
    • CVO2: 1997 FXSTSB Too many things to mention
    • CVO3: 1982 XLCH Hardtail-Stretched&Lowered
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 08:49:20 PM »

Slight oil seepage on the breather, cupping front 407 @ 5000 and the buffalo hide was turning white on my seat, all replaced free of charge
"Courage is fear that has said its prayers"

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 10:00:27 PM »

thought I noticed the engine running on just one cylinder twice, soon as took off the problem resolved itself

Isn't that the EITMS (engine idle temp management system) protecting the engine, as designed?
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Mark Davies

• Life... for a limited time only!

• CVO1: cvo fxstsse3
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 08:00:47 AM »

Hi, I've covered 8,000 miles since may on mine...It's going back to my nearest dealership tomorrow because I have rust spots coming through between the paint and lacquer on rear fender..and a new one is being fitted...I also am getting a replacement rear brake pedal as this is corroded and the chrome flaking off!!...Not good on a 6month old scoot huh?! :soapbox:

Herrmen

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »

I have a similar problem. There is a rust spot coming through on my rear fender, the paint is glopped on the painted brace that is next to the chrome one on the front end and a big flake came off on the painted bracket behind the actual springs. I am taking mine to the dealer hopefully next week to try and get it replaced. Let me know what they say about yours.

Oh yeah only 4500 miles and 5 months of ownership. Upset will be an understatement of how I will feel if they don't replace it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 03:04:59 PM by Herrmen »

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.