Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom Painted CVO Springers  (Read 2443 times)

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
Custom Painted CVO Springers
« on: July 10, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »

I just saw a 2009 CVO Springer in Chicago this past weekend that was custom painted purple with grey flames (in the same outline as the stock colors but without the exposed metal coming through the flames).  I know that at least one of us here has a 2009(?) that was custom painted red.  There were a few from each year that were done this way from the factory in addition to a few owners doing it.  Anyone else see any more of these?  What colors have you seen?

gmeikle

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Diamond Black
Re: Custom Painted CVO Springers
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 11:27:15 PM »

Why would you paint one ? Stock CVO paint is truly beautiful and is a big part of the price difference from a stock lineup bike.

Here in Australia at least you'd be taking a repainted CVO springer as a real "warning"

It's been wrapped round a taxi ( or worse !!)

I've even seen one with conventional Tele front forks on it , a gold 2007 !!

Hmmmm....I don't think so !!
No illegitimi carborundum

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:02:09 AM »

If the rust spots come back in the metal grind, i'll have no choice bu to paint mine. I see no other reason to paint over such an awesome paint job.

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 02:00:16 PM »

I know, it baffles me when I've seen it as the paint just doesn't look as lustrious as the original.  However, the factory did do a few one-offs in random colors for each model year that I would LOVE to see!

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.