Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Recommendation for single DIN touchscreen head unit  (Read 8794 times)

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
Re: Recommendation for single DIN touchscreen head unit
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 09:47:43 AM »

Pete always has the answers. I'll reach out to him.
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

josephS

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2019, 05:47:02 AM »

Anyone own the Pioneer AVH-3400NEX single DIN head unit?
It's the best rated Pioneer on amazon and it's rated as the best head unit on this page too https://greatestspeakers.com/best-single-din-flip-out-screen/
Is this unit really that good?
Thanks

Curtis26

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • RI

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2020, 07:13:07 AM »

Brad I ran a Pioneer flip screen in my 01 for close to 11 years with no issues. I made a wet weather cover early on for the heavy rain and when washing the bike. On the occasion I'd get some moisture in the radio face I'd simply let it sit and dry. I am out of the loop on the current single DIN flip screens however I am sure they are all decent. While comparing units look in to the amount of screen adjustment each one has. This may not be an issue on the batwing bikes like it is on the roadies. Handlebar controls is a breeze regardless of units. Biketronics hooked me up with my Pioneer and Pete from Soundz took care of my current Kenwood. I went with Kenwood this time simply for the Garmin navigation. I have a Pioneer in the vette which works well, just like the Garmin nav better.

@Puzzled you seem to know yourself around head units? Can you recommend me one?

Sorry for being off-topic. I'm looking for advice on single din head units and my last resort is the forum.
I've been looking for a good one and I couldn't make my mind up. All the reviews on the net seem to be hype. They are downplaying flaws and hyping any common sense feature like the volume knob. There are many brands that make stereos and they have almost unlimited selections. What should I be looking for? On the other hand I've came across a different web-site. The blogger says it as it is and holds nothing back. It's a bit critical for my taste. That has put me on the fence. So where should I get started?

Any ideas?

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2020, 10:58:25 AM »

@Puzzled you seem to know yourself around head units? Can you recommend me one?

Sorry for being off-topic. I'm looking for advice on single din head units and my last resort is the forum.
I've been looking for a good one and I couldn't make my mind up. All the reviews on the net seem to be hype. They are downplaying flaws and hyping any common sense feature like the volume knob. There are many brands that make stereos and they have almost unlimited selections. What should I be looking for? On the other hand I've came across a different web-site. The blogger says it as it is and holds nothing back. It's a bit critical for my taste. That has put me on the fence. So where should I get started?

Any ideas?

I'd go Aquatic as it is weather proof. From there I'd look at anything Biketronics offers as they do their thing to the radios and offer a very good warranty on them. My third choice would be to pick what you like and be prepaired to replace it if it gets soaked.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.