Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Where do you hide your cash?  (Read 10478 times)

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Where do you hide your cash?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 09:45:26 AM »

Regardless of where you hide it, do yourself a favor, declare it at the border crossing. My uncle did what you are planning and only declared the couple hundred bucks in his pocket. He had 3k hidden in the bike and the border agents found it during a "routine" search. I don't really need to tell the rest of the story, but he never got out of the Lower 48.
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 09:55:29 AM »

I agree, money belt.  2-3k in 100's is not that bulky.  Just keep it in a front pocket.  I personally wouldn't hide it anywhere on the bike.  If the bike gets stolen or wrecked...well, you know the rest..

That's what I was thinking   :2vrolijk_21: I put 500$ in one pocket and the rest in the other,so when you buy something you don't pull out your whole wad(always assume someone is watching you and they know your a tourist) ;)  There is scumbags everywhere  :-\

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 10:39:08 AM »

This thread seems about as odd to me as the thread about do you carry.....people come on here and post what you don't want others knowing. :nixweiss:

One things for sure.....I don't have any $$$$ so for those of you thinkin about settin up one of these guys.....I don't have any.....you'll have to move on to one of these guys that have enough to tell you where they hide it. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 10:49:16 AM »

This thread seems about as odd to me as the thread about do you carry.....people come on here and post what you don't want others knowing. :nixweiss:

One things for sure.....I don't have any $$$$ so for those of you thinkin about settin up one of these guys.....I don't have any.....you'll have to move on to one of these guys that have enough to tell you where they hide it. :huepfenlol2:

Kinda hard to hide your cash when your pulling it behind what you drive.
Just sayin, , , ,

:huepfenlol2:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 10:56:48 AM »

Kinda hard to hide your cash when your pulling it behind what you drive.
Just sayin, , , ,

SBB

Oh no Chip.....I just have a really nice signature.....that's the banks cash. :P
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

donald p

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO
    • CVO3: 2020 Tri Glide CVO
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 11:01:25 AM »

ATM and a Harley card always works for me.
.FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary #680
2020 Tri Glide CVO

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 11:07:39 AM »

I ride a CVO i have no cash to carry :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 11:44:48 AM »

My ex wife's bank account  :furious:

Put it in my bank account... i will last longer then one day :P

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 11:49:28 AM »

I ride a CVO i have no cash to carry :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2012, 05:26:21 AM »

Liquor store....
I did this a long time...................it worked, got me from about 1977 to 2007, hid a bunch in the bars too.
  seriously  just use a different pocket than your wallet so nobody sees it,even if ya had to give up your wallet.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 05:37:43 AM by DaBigNuttedMan »
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 08:57:38 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:   I was a bit flabbergasted when I first saw this thread, but since I'm trying to be a nicer and more tactful person (it's not working all that well so far) I was avoiding making my usual sort of comment.  But since you broke the ice.......

First, posting this sort of thing on the internet is probably not a great idea, kind of like it's not a great idea when your kids put the fact that the family will be out of town for a week on Facebook or other social media.  Now anyone who knows who you really are will know you plan on heading to the border with $3k in cash somewhere on you or your bike.

Second, if you really feel you need to carry that kind of cash, I suggest you don't stash it on the bike but keep it on your person.  And split it up as someone mentioned, so you don't pull a big wad out every time you buy something and advertise to those standing around watching.  For anyone who hasn't been watching the news for the past few years, these are tough times for a lot of people and robbery is one of the few parts of the economy that's booming.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2012, 11:54:56 AM »

I agree with others, try to use credit cards and keep them on you. If you must use cash try to keep it on you too. If traveling with a partner you can trust divide the cash between you both.
Then if you must have secure on bike storage you may want to consider this vault system which will not only secure your belongings but help in securing your saddlebag too:
http://www.consolevault.com/harley-davidson-bagger-vault.html

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 12:09:22 PM »

CASH????? What is this thing you speak of??????  8)

T-Hawk

• Civil Engineering Tech, US Air Force (Ret)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • "Sheila" My Big Tank Lady
    • AK

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 20?? FXDWG?
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 02:01:59 PM »

I made a trip 'outside' this summer... rode to Texas and back over a 1 month period.

I only had about $100 in my pocket at any given time.  Used my debit card when cash wasn't feasible.

The cool thing about using a Master Card or Visa Card or any big bank card while riding through Canada (as I assume you'll be doing) is that you don't have to worry about the Exchange Rate... it's all calculated during the billing by your bank.

Carrying large sums of Cash (like I ever have any) always adds to the paranoia that always builds in me when I'm in a region I'm not totally familiar with.  And, Canada won't let me bring along my riding partner (XD-45)...

Also, if you are riding the whole trip... Canada's gas stations usually close around 10pm once you get outside of the larger cities... so make plans to stay overnight at the end of each day.

Make note of the earlier post... be sure to "Declare" anything you have on-board... Even though I think the maximum travel cash is $10,000... like on Air Travel, if you get caught up in the "Random" Security Check and they find something you didn't declare... well let's just say a 2-hr delay would be the best outcome.

Send me a PM if you are riding the whole way up here, and I might could share some really nice Hotels/Motels with you and let you know about some of the "Caution" areas along the road.   8)
"Catching a Hornet inside your jacket at 65mph will more than double your vocabulary"
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
Barnett Carbon Fiber Performance Clutch
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED

xsdbs

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide
    • Vincent's Web Page
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 04:48:59 PM »

Money belt.
1/2 in the wallet, 1/2 in the money belt
I always use a credit card to buy gas, never have to leave bike the at the pump to pay, waiting for the 9 customers ahead of me trying to buy smokes and lottery tickets...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.