Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Dyno Sheet after 117" Install w/ SESPT & Auto Tune  (Read 3102 times)

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom
Dyno Sheet after 117" Install w/ SESPT & Auto Tune
« on: September 09, 2019, 03:38:43 PM »

Just want to make sure I am not going to be in trouble here. My torque curve dips off the line so am worried that it might cause issues.
Running the SESPT with the Auto tune module. Do I need to take it to another tuner and have them try to get the dip out?

Also is it worthwhile for me to buy the cables and download the software from HD for the SESPT?

Thanks.

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Dyno Sheet after 117" Install w/ SESPT & Auto Tune
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 06:09:54 PM »

You need to get a dyno sheet with the fuel curve shown at the bottom of the sheet if your currrent sheet doesn't show it. A decision can be made at that time as to what you have.
John

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 11:03:09 PM »

You need to get a dyno sheet with the fuel curve shown at the bottom of the sheet if your currrent sheet doesn't show it. A decision can be made at that time as to what you have.
John

X2

hawgzilla

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 12:37:14 PM »

Also it would help to know the engine components and exhaust system used.  Looks a lot like a no baffle exhaust curve but need to know all about the build.

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 01:00:06 PM »

What are you running for exhaust? More specifically baffles-SlipOns? I agree with the above, looking like low back pressure on the SlipOn exit.. More specific information about your build would help us give you better information..

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 01:39:52 PM »

Sorry guys for not giving more information to start.

Stock 117" HD Big Bore kit.
SE259e cam
9.9:1 compression ratio
58mm Throttle Body

Khrome Werks 202820 4in. High-Performance Muffler : https://smile.amazon.com/Khrome-Werks-202820-High-Performance-Muffler/dp/B0725FJFSZ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=202820&qid=1568567849&s=automotive&sr=1-1

V&H Power Duals head pipe : https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B008BYQ7EK/ref=psdc_404746011_t3_B013LDV6HI

SESPT w/Auto tune module.

I'll have to see if I can get the AFR readout when I am at the dealership next week. Here is a short video of the bike running. I've ordered some different baffles from Khrome Werks to see if they help any. I spoke with them and these are their most restrictive baffles. Have no idea if they will help or not.

http://www.khromewerks.com/shop/detail/202708P

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 09:43:09 PM »

One thing I was mistaken about is the model of the mufflers that were installed on my bike. I finally got the part numbers from the dealer and checked to see which ones they had ordered. I thought I had the 4" mufflers but come to find out I have the 4.5".

I thought I had 202820 but instead I have 202825. Now what difference that makes I don't know yet.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 09:33:49 AM »

I had ordered some baffles for the Khrome Werks mufflers and they came in yesterday so I got them installed but it was too late to try and go for a test ride to see if it helped at all.

Just hope they don't choke the exhaust down too much now.

Install was easy, just pull the tip off the mufflers and they slide right inside.

Here is the inside without the baffles.

And then one with the baffles installed.

How it sounds now. I'll report back on if it made any difference in the bog down low. Do I need to get it retuned becasue I installed these baffles?

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 10:41:19 AM »

I would think with the extra back pressure you should be okay, hopefully it clears up that bottom dip some... Looking forward to hearing your results.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2019, 06:03:43 PM »

I would think with the extra back pressure you should be okay, hopefully it clears up that bottom dip some... Looking forward to hearing your results.

So I didn't ride it yesterday but I had an appointment in Yakima today with my prosthesis to get cast for a new socket. So I left early and rode the same backroads I'd done before.

WOW  :o :o  :mango:;D ;D  :bananarock: :) :)  :pineapple: :2vrolijk_21:

So I am sure it would be better with a retune but WOW man o man it made a huge difference in how it runs below 3K RPM's. And now in 1st gear when you blip the throttle it wants to rip them out of your hands. So I'm more impressed now and can't wait to get some more seat time. Going to the VA in Seattle on Monday for an appointment and then taking the bike back to the dealer to have the clutch safety switch replaced.

It would be interesting to see what it would do now on the dyno. I know it's more or less wasted money but I'd like to see what it does on the same dyno before I get anymore work done to it.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2019, 02:09:46 AM »

Going to the VA in Seattle on Monday for an appointment and then taking the bike back to the dealer to have the clutch safety switch replaced.

It would be interesting to see what it would do now on the dyno. I know it's more or less wasted money but I'd like to see what it does on the same dyno before I get anymore work done to it.
Many places will do just a dyno pull (no tuning) for a reasonable price, like $50.  Even though the butt dyno says it's a big improvement, it's always nice to see it in black and white. 

Be sure to ask them to print out the original dyno run, and the new one, in SAE with the AFR (Air-Fuel Ratio) curve included.  Don't let them wiggle out of this, which they might  try, b/c it really shows if they've done a bad job.

BTW, SAE is automatically corrected for current temperature and pressure.  That lets you compare dyno runs done at different temperatures and barometric pressures.  STD (Standard), the way your original graph was printed, usually shows higher HP and TQ, which is why many dealers want to show it that way.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 02:25:17 AM by Para Bellum »
If you want peace, prepare for war.

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2019, 06:59:20 AM »

Congrats on your build! 

IMHO it is more important to make sure your tune is correct rather than worrying about the numbers.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2019, 10:12:42 AM »

Many places will do just a dyno pull (no tuning) for a reasonable price, like $50.  Even though the butt dyno says it's a big improvement, it's always nice to see it in black and white. 

Be sure to ask them to print out the original dyno run, and the new one, in SAE with the AFR (Air-Fuel Ratio) curve included.  Don't let them wiggle out of this, which they might  try, b/c it really shows if they've done a bad job.

BTW, SAE is automatically corrected for current temperature and pressure.  That lets you compare dyno runs done at different temperatures and barometric pressures.  STD (Standard), the way your original graph was printed, usually shows higher HP and TQ, which is why many dealers want to show it that way.

I'm going to call the dealership today and ask them what another pull on the dyno would cost. I have to take the bike in Tuesday anyhow to get the clutch safety switch replaced so MAYBE they can do it then.

This is the first bike I have ever had dyno'd so I have no idea what I am doing so I really appreciate the shared knowledge. I'm also going to stop by the parts counter and let them know these mufflers need baffles at least on the twin cam. I can't speak to if they are needed on the M8.

Congrats on your build! 

IMHO it is more important to make sure your tune is correct rather than worrying about the numbers.

Yes I agree, I would rather know my bike is tuned correctly and am not interested in having braggin rights at the local bar. I want a bike that runs good and makes good rideable power.
I really appreciate all the help.

Update: Just talked to the dealer and they are going to throw it on the dyno for me & tweak the tune a little.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 04:59:19 PM by WildmanUltra »

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2019, 08:18:50 PM »

So is one sheet with the new pull and then a comparison between the first pull and the new pull with the baffles.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2019, 08:47:32 PM »

That new baffle helped a lot where you need it.  Shows that these big baffles do not help, sound good but loose power.

There is still a lot in your build if you get a TTS tuner and have a good tune done.  My 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra in 2015 with just a Fullsac Head pipe, Fullsac 2.25 baffles, TTS tuner and a very good tune done in FL by one of the best was making 96HP, and 115 Torque. 

With more inches like you have and a better cam like you have a TTS tuner and a good tune will get you more HP and More Torque and a better curve.  Head work would really make it shine.

Again, the torque curve now is much better and more ridable than it was before the baffle change.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.