Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 04 SEEG vance & hines vs rinehart muffles  (Read 2371 times)

whttngtn

• IL

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG orange/black
04 SEEG vance & hines vs rinehart muffles
« on: September 03, 2014, 12:02:22 PM »

My SEEG came with vance & hines true duels with monster oval mufflers (4in. I think). I've been throwing around the idea of changing to rinehart mufflers, the 3.5 or the new 4 in. What do you guys think, I don't know what the rineharts sound like. I just don't like the looks of the monster ovals. Would it be a waste of money on the rineharts and just learn to be happy with what i have or not ? I need some advice from the "experts"  :)

DLSSOJC

• Junior CVO Member
Re: 04 SEEG vance & hines vs rinehart muffles
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:50:49 PM »

I have the older version of the Screamin' Eagle mufflers that have the removable canister baffle in them. They had a very deep exhaust note, but I wanted a little more volume. So I did a little modification to the baffles and they sound amazing now. Deeper sound than the rineharts with decent amount of volume now.

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:32:10 PM »

I'm running the 4" Rineharts, and they have a nice deep sound; no high-pitch whine at all.  I had originally wanted the Monster Ovals, but my mechanic told me the Rineharts perform better at low RPMs. He also says that the 4" are different than the 3.5"s.  Very happy with them so far.

badhorse

• Phoenix Performance
    • NV

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 12:24:50 PM »

It's a matter of taste and how you ride I guess, but..

That's a nice set up you have now. Same as I have on mine and I love it.

BTW.. I took rienharts off to go with this set up.

To each his own.

Rinehart Headpipe, TD Monster ovals, AK20, Bitubo, seat by Ricks, SERT, Daymakers

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 01:34:11 PM »

I'm running V&H Monster Ovals on my Ultra and like them okay - they are fairly mellow I'd say. I do know the Rinehart pipes are louder - much louder on bikes I listened to anyway, but I don't know which specific pipes. My state went through all kinds of legislation focusing on loud pipes in the last few years that was a bit concerning. Couldn't get a sticker on my 1986 FXR running Python III's due this this - ended up registering it as an antique to get around the requirement, so I made certain to have my dealer do the exhaust change to make certain it was legal.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 01:50:59 PM »

I'm running the 4" Rineharts, and they have a nice deep sound; no high-pitch whine at all.  I had originally wanted the Monster Ovals, but my mechanic told me the Rineharts perform better at low RPMs. He also says that the 4" are different than the 3.5"s.  Very happy with them so far.
I'm running V&H tru duals and Rinehart 4". I like them way better than V&H slipons because of what I call a hammering sound that V&H seems to produce.

This setup is nice at cruise and is loud when you twist the throttle. Much much much better than the 3 1/2" Rineharts.

For grins I put back on by stock 2-1-2 decattted header. More muffled sounding and has more of a muscle car growl than the tru duals. They were quieter as well.

For me, I like the tru dual sound better.

Sure if I was building a monster race motor I would have a 2-1 but my motor is stock except for adding GMR 577 cams.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE 2014
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 02:43:00 PM »

V&H Power duals and Monster Rounds on CVO RK...Love the setup!
I have Dresser (true) Duals on my Road King classic. Great sound as well but a lot louder...can get tiring on long trips (I wear ear plugs anyway for anything more that 100 miles on the highway)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 03:51:01 PM »

V&H Power duals and Monster Rounds on CVO RK...Love the setup!
I have Dresser (true) Duals on my Road King classic. Great sound as well but a lot louder...can get tiring on long trips (I wear ear plugs anyway for anything more that 100 miles on the highway)
That's a great description of the difference between tru duals and 2-1-2's.

Every time I think about them being too loud the next ride I love them.  ;D
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »

save your $$.  take your stock cans and send them out to Fullsac for a baffle-ectomy for $200 and they will be better than any V&H.  I used to run Rinehart's on my Dresser and they actually lost power.
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 21 queries.