Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thinking Monster Ovals, Dresser Duals and FP3  (Read 2104 times)

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
Thinking Monster Ovals, Dresser Duals and FP3
« on: September 28, 2014, 11:44:00 PM »

I know most of this is left up to personal opinion on sound and performance but I really don't know enough yet to have an objective opinion.  Is anyone running this setup on a 2014?  Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated.

Take Care.

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
Re: Thinking Monster Ovals, Dresser Duals and FP3
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 02:25:11 AM »

I'm running normal ovals, dresser duals and FP3 on my 2014 SERK. It sounds great and runs cooler. I've not noticed much difference in power. I'm still experimenting with the Autotune but have really noticed a difference by changing the throttle response. I'm also running the quiet baffles as I found it a bit too loud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 11:25:35 AM »

Anything from V&H is a good choice if you ask me. I had the Power Duals/Monster Ovals with a Race Tuner on my old '11 RGU and loved the sound and performance. I never figured out why they call that pipe Power Duals when in reality it's an X pipe, but I loved it anyway.

On this bike I just installed the 2-1 Pro Pipe and FP3 last weekend at home and it blew me away. I will never use any other pipe now for the rest of my life I am so sold on it. I love this 10 times over my old set up and that's coming from a guy that said I could never look at a 2-1 on a bagger. The sound is almost to die for and performance wise it gave the bike a real kick in the ass.

I also suggest you look at thousands of vids on youtube like I did and also listen to different systems in person to see what you really like ... and keep reading about all of them too.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE 2014
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 01:47:44 PM »

I have the Dresser Duals and Monster Rounds with big bore stage 2 with 203 cams on my 2003 Road King Classic and the Power duals, Monster Rounds and FP3 on my CVO RK.
The dresser duals have a nice sound but make the slippons much louder than the Power Duals. I wear either a half or 3/4 helmet and the dresser duals monster rounds create a resonance in the helmet that gets very tiring. No issue with the Power duals with the same pipes on the CVO.

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 05:54:55 PM »

I have heard that the Monster Ovals are a bit quieter than the rounds.

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 06:47:20 PM »

I have the VH Hi Outputs and Power Duals on past 2 bikes.  One had the 103 and the other the 110.  I like the deep rumble that they have.  Certainly louder than the Monster Rounds, but not too loud.

ffltjeff

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 04:26:47 PM »

I run the Power Duals and Monster Ovals on my 2013, I have 20,000 miles on them now and still love them.  Stereo friendly at highway speeds yet still have enough thump to trigger car alarms in the parking garages  :) 
2013 FLHTCUSE8
V&H Power Duals, V&H Monster Ovals, SERT
Progressive 444 shocks, Progressive Cartridge Fork Kit
Windsplitter windshield

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 04:35:58 PM »

Just had the HO slip on's installed at the dealer.  I shopped around and took them the best price I could find on the web and they beat it.. It was only by a buck but it shows they want to keep me as a customer.  The guys here at HD in Orange Park FL have been awesome to work with.  This bike sounds awesome now.  Will do the Power or dresser duals and a tune at their shop after the first of the year.  Even if it cost me a few more bucks, I think it is worth it to keep the relationship going with the dealer.

Thanks for all of the help on this from everyone...

Page created in 0.636 seconds with 25 queries.