Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Preparing for Coronavirus 19 -- Beer and Upgraded Internet  (Read 3836 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Preparing for Coronavirus 19 -- Beer and Upgraded Internet
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 01:03:07 PM »

That sounds like a lot of trouble.  A lot of hassle.  It's raining here.  Probably all week.  If it gets that bad will just go outside in the stream that runs by the house.  I don't like the people that live downstream anyway.

My solution to this one: I'm hiring a kid to scoop up all the crap in my yard.  Bet he will be surprised when he finds out we do not have a dog.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2020, 01:42:53 PM »

My solution to this one: I'm hiring a kid to scoop up all the crap in my yard.  Bet he will be surprised when he finds out we do not have a dog.

I'm planning to borrow your idea, but with a "slight" modification.  I've got a neighbor with dogs who rarely picks up the droppings.  I'll just throw mine over the fence.  Short of doing a DNA analysis, he won't be able to prove a thing.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2020, 01:48:05 PM »

I'm planning to borrow your idea, but with a "slight" modification.  I've got a neighbor with dogs who rarely picks up the droppings.  I'll just throw mine over the fence.  Short of doing a DNA analysis, he won't be able to prove a thing.

Jerry

;D
Great idea.  Used to have neighbors like that along time ago.  They would never notice a few extra dozen piles of chit in their yard, your neighbor won't either.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2020, 02:04:33 PM »

.... and some people (ok, a very few) believe that old timers around here are not full of chit.

load97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2020, 04:10:47 PM »

I'm thinking your downstream from me, so I should be good. But you might not be..... :huepfenlol2:

Now whose upstream of me, hmm? :'(
2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black *Traded*

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 05:50:32 PM »

People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 08:12:53 PM »

Went to Wally-World this afternoon.  It's the closest pharmacy and one of the dog's seizure meds needed refilled.

The place was not overly busy but the grocery section was well picked over.  Lots of empty shelf space.  Best guess approx 50% unstocked shelf space.  That's a lot of untapped revenue space from their perspective so you know they're behind getting inventory. 

You could listen to people whining about not being able to find something or other.  But there was fresh produce, some meat, frozen and canned products to grab.  Everyone in the store could have grabbed to feed a couple for 10 days or more.  But still people were truly freaking out; and this in a town and area with no confirmed cases and the nearest identified case of the bug about a hundred miles away.

Saw a mid-twenty-something woman in tears about not finding something even though she had a large shopping cart mostly full of different foods.  The hot deli had plenty of whole chickens for less than $5, some cold fried for $4, and sundry other offerings.  Of course there was no toilet paper for sale (have no idea if there was any for use in the Wal-Mart restrooms).  All this and people were still angry, frightened, in tears, or just choosing to be less than content.

I got my prescription.  I grabbed a few groceries while I was there.  Could eat for 10 days on what I hauled out.  Spent less than a hundred bucks and I'm nibbling on some grapes right now (just a few, damned sugars).  Anyone could have done that, yet people were still angry, frightened, in tears, or just choosing to be less than content.  God what a bunch of wankers we've become.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 08:24:31 PM »

Was also at Walmars today.  Saw semi Twilight Zone stares, not quite zombies but it's moved in that direction.  Store was about 1/3 empty on food, lots of stockers stocking.  Got potting soil, avocados, a tomato, & chips.  Have enough potting to soil to feed a family of 4 for a week.  I'm not gonna eat it, but if there is a family of 4 out there that eats potting soil well....

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2020, 09:05:33 PM »

Jerry
Damn! You're normally so serious and to the point. Gave me a good laugh there.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2020, 09:06:28 PM »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2020, 10:37:03 PM »

Too bad America didn't embrace bidets like the French did.

Jerry  ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2020, 12:29:23 AM »

I don't need toilet paper at my house any more. I hooked up a kitchen hand sprayer to each toilet, sort of a manual bidet. So now when I drop a load in the crapper I just grab the sprayer and spray away the leftover. If it wants to hang on I wipe it with a corn cob.  ::)  Note boil the corn cobs and store therm in a bucket of water, it keeps them soft.   ;D

Mike

:drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2020, 01:32:02 AM »

I found soaking the corn cobs in baby oil not only keeps them soft but leaves a moisturing layer after you use them. And the oily film also makes the next movement less messy.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2020, 07:13:27 AM »

Dammit.   How come way back when we had corn cobs in the outhouse we didn't have all this good corn cob information?  We knew the black & white pages of the Sears catalog were better than the color ones (less slick) so they always went first, that is about as high tech as we got. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2020, 10:20:59 AM »

On "bad" days you can coat the corn cobs in triple antibiotic ointment to deal with the occasional "abrasions" also.  Or for a tingle just squat in saltwater. 

I like Uncle Mikey's idea of a spritzer hose though.  Use that once or twice in an effective manner and the gawdammed cat won't think it's ok to jump on  your lap while you're trying to read on the crapper anymore  :drink: !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 26 queries.