Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Helmet opinions  (Read 18487 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Helmet opinions
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 05:41:27 PM »

[highlight]BD...get you and the missus a couple of them Kaiser helmets with the spike on top...ya'll would be kewt in those
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2006, 08:06:32 PM »

Will do because to the missus the bucket is a fashion statement [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2006, 09:11:32 PM »

Know what you meant about that, BD...HD's got a new Pink Flame, if she's into pink...nice helmet, but my GF doesn't do pink 'cause she's a redhead.  Got to match, ya know. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2006, 07:42:54 AM »

Always and everthing TC.You know.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2006, 08:26:31 AM »

Any suggestions for a good quality shorty or "half helmet".

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2006, 01:30:37 PM »

Really nice looking helmets, Grover...I'm definitely going to check them out further.  Thanks!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2006, 01:47:24 PM »

Always and everthing TC.You know.

You know it!!  I got a great and barely used RED and graphite riding jacket with removable liner and body armour I'll be getting rid of soon!  Also have a pink and black scooter jacket that won't go with the ORANGE!!!!   FYI - You know why we do that, guys????  So they won't mistake us for one of you or being butch!!!!  So be nice the next time that hand outstretches with palm facing up and open that wallet!!!!!
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

TankerPig

• Full CVO Member
  • Be careful, sobriety can make you do silly things!
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2006, 02:21:34 PM »

You know it!!
2005 Screamin Eagle Fatboy
V&H Big Shots Staggered
Zipper's High Flow Air Cleaner
PCIII USB
PM Contrast Cut Gasser wheels, pulley, rotors

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2006, 09:46:37 AM »

Its all money,money ,money.This doesn't match that, I need this to go with that .Does this helmet make my ass look big? Geez Louise enough already. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif]

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2006, 10:02:55 AM »

Its all money,money ,money.This doesn't match that, I need this to go with that .[highlight]Does this helmet make my ass look big?[/highlight] Geez Louise enough already. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif]

I love it!!!  
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2006, 10:22:48 AM »

Its all money,money ,money.This doesn't match that, I need this to go with that .[highlight]Does this helmet make my ass look big? [/highlight]Geez Louise enough already. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif]

Oh no!! I never looked! Quick, where's the full length mirror???  ;D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2006, 11:30:24 AM »

Does this helmet make my ass look big?

One word of advice.  If you are ever asked specifically that question at the end of a particularly frustrating day it turns out the correct answer is NOT "no dear, that ass makes your helmet look small."  Turns out there is no recovery from this statement; at least not for a couple of weeks.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2006, 11:59:53 AM »

One thing I've learned posed with that question is to change the subject immediately.For example," Honey does this helmet make my ass look big?" your reply "Ooo look at the pretty flowers over there hun." So endeth the lesson [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2006, 12:36:25 PM »

Speaking of helmets.....   A buddy just got a new Nolan with some type of bluetooth communications module built in to it.  He doesn't like how it fits his head though.  Offered it for cheap.  Anyone know anything about these; specifically how well the com system actually works?

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2006, 04:05:12 PM »

A friend of mine just bought a set of helmets with bluetooth capability for him and his wife.  He has not tried them yet so I have no idea how clear the reception is or how the volume "adjusts automatically to minimize road noise."  I would say that like Bluetooth headsets, how well they work depends on the manufacturer and if your phone or PDA is compatible with it.  The pairings do not always work well.  I tried three different Bluetooth headsets before I found one that worked well with my PocketPC.  All of them drain the battery on the PocketPC!

I have seen some helmets advertised with VOX systems that you can supposedly accept or reject calls by voice commands.  Hehehe!  If you make the voice commands too simple or too common, it can cause you a few headaches.  "Call Dad" should be pretty simple.  But if you say, "I am not going to call dad" it will dial the number!!  So I have my PDA/phone set to only use voice on incoming calls so I don't have to look at the display to know whether to ignore it!

I looked up the Nolan Ncom system and it seems to have good reviews.  The best feature is the controls are manual ones set on the outside of the helmet.  My headset is the same 3-button set-up and I can hit any of the buttons on it quicker than I can press "Answer" on my PDA.  

http://www.nolan.it/caschi/NCom.ASP
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 04:18:49 PM by TheVgirl »
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.