Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Helmet opinions  (Read 18650 times)

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
Re: Helmet opinions
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2006, 10:43:58 AM »

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Sorry, couldn't resist.

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2006, 10:56:07 AM »

Well my buckets came in and let me tell you they are going back today.I tried it on I look like a nimrod with it on.I have to physically see and try one on if I'm going to buy one.Using the internet without actually seeing it is futile.

It looked like a nice helmet on the picture. The marvals of advertisement.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2006, 07:14:47 PM »

Well after trying on half and jockey style buckets ,I decided to go with this one.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2006, 07:15:25 PM »

Another view.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2006, 07:15:59 PM »

Last one.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2006, 07:17:08 PM »

I looked like a dork with the beanie helmet ,so I went full face .tell me what you all think. Later,Q

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2006, 07:35:39 PM »

Good looking helmet BD   8-)....don't think I 've seen that one before.  Did you get it locally?

I'm really disappointed that we didn't get to see you looking like a NIMROD... ;D [smiley=hat2.gif] [smiley=zroflmao.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2006, 07:43:20 PM »

Actually bought it at the metric dealer.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2006, 07:59:19 PM »

I looked like a dork with the beanie helmet ,so I went full face .tell me what you all think. Later,Q

Q, I believe your absolutely correct. You can't possibly look like a dork with the full face helmet, people can't see your face! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Nice looking helmet bro! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]Who makes it?

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2006, 09:14:04 PM »

As helmets go, it's a keeper. My head is too fat to wear a full face. That's why I love living in COLORADO because we get to make our own choice as to whether we wear a helmet or not.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] ;) ;) ;)

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2006, 09:21:20 PM »

Looks good BD. I will  [smiley=drink.gif] to this helmet. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2006, 09:28:13 PM »

Q,
That's a nice looking helmet. I had to go back to your original post in this thread to figure out why you were getting a "bucket" to begin with. Now that I'm up to speed and understand the necessity of you getting one I think you picked a fine choice. Being from a helmet required state I own several "lids". When I purchased my first Harley I had come from metric bikes and all I knew was full-face helmets. Naturally I purchased a full face when I got my first Harley. Well I bought this bike in June, and we have "dog days" of summer here in Virginia, and after going through July and August I was ready to do something else. I purchased a "half" lid w/visor, and purchased an additional flip down shield w/visor. Since that time I've purchased and "illegal" beanie which carries the required "DOT" sticker. ;) I went for a while wearing only the "Beanie" then have become a little wiser and usually wear the half helmet most of the time now.

From what I can understand you getting this to mainly wear to MV, and if this is the case I think you'll be fine as it will be cooler when you head south in October and this helmet shouldn't cause any problems. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Only one thing I can think of that would have made this helmet better.........

They didn't have any purple ones????? ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2006, 09:52:14 AM »

I wish they had some purple lids that would have been cool. JR its a Scorpion EXO 400. And mainly I purchased a lid for distance riding and for whenever I leave my state i.e. a CVO GTG in Plymouth or riding up to Laconia or the Ultimate ,the ride to MV. Thanks all who posted. Later,Q

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2006, 10:05:10 AM »

BD...a very good choice it appears.. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  I found their website....it has some impressive videos about design and some of the features of your new helmet.  

I've got a Bell Mag 8 open face helmet and while they have a look that you either like or don't, it is a VERY comfortable helmet, at least for my head shape.  It'll do nicely for my CVO Ultra if/when it ever gets here.

I particularly like the way the Scorpion visor is so easy to change out....I think I'll be checking them out for using on my Ducati, as the top of my head is in the airstream coming over the fairing and I need something aerodynamic, but vents well for these 95 F and 95%RH days here in Alabama during the summer.  Plus...dig the graphics on their helmets...some of them are WILD. 8-)

It's raining frogs up there in your neck of the woods from what I see on TV....
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2006, 10:18:57 AM »

Yup it is maybe I can get in the wind later in the week.They are calling for sun next Saturday [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.