Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rivco Quick Detach Rack Mounting HW on FLTRXSE  (Read 3921 times)

purvisll55

Rivco Quick Detach Rack Mounting HW on FLTRXSE
« on: January 11, 2012, 12:56:53 PM »

Has anyone tried installing the Rivco Quick Detach Rack Mounting Hardware HWK020 on the CVO Road Glide or Street Glide?
I'm looking for a solution to for a detachable luggage rack and this looks like the ticket, but I question whether it will work.  The Rivco site talks about having to drill holes in the filler panels between the saddle bags and fenders on the Street Glide, but based on what I see, there's not much room for that with the lights?

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Rivco Quick Detach Rack Mounting HW on FLTRXSE
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 01:37:30 PM »

Purvisll55, 

I have not heard of anyone using the Rivco part you describe.  Not sure I'd want to do the drilling it requires either.  Have you considered HD 2-Point Docking Hardware Kit - For Sissy Bar, Solo Luggage Rack or Solo Tour-Pak?  HD Part # 54030-09.  Here's the description:

"Add a passenger backrest or solo rack to your Touring model. The simple choice if all you need is a passenger backrest or a solo rack, this kit contains the docking hardware necessary to install the basic Detachable accessory options on Road King®, Road Glide®, Street Glide® or Electra Glide® Standard models. Provides docking points to allow installation of Detachable Sissy Bar, Solo Luggage Rack, or Solo Tour-Pak® Rack. Does not fit with 2-Up Luggage Racks or 2-Up Tour-Pak® Rack.

Fits '09-later FLHR, FLHRC, FLHT, FLHX, FLTR and FLTRX models. For use with Detachable Sissy Bars, Solo Luggage Rack, and Solo Tour-Pak® Rack. Does not fit with 2-Up Luggage Racks or 2-Up Tour-Pak® Rack. "

MSRP US $109.95  No drilling and easy install. 

I have one in new condition off my 09 SERG if it works for you.  If interested, send me a PM. 

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 06:46:42 PM »

Took me about 15 minutes, counting finding the tools and putting the tools up to install the ones Greg is talking about on my Skunk.

It took about 20 minutes total to do the 4 point ones on my wifes Street Glide, two more bolts and a antenna to deal with.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

purvisll55

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 08:10:27 PM »

Sorry, I wasn't clear with my question.  Attached is a picture of the rack I'm thinking about.  Obviously it has nothing to do with a passenger back rest or a tourpak, but a rack that is mounted low and allows for carrying a bag or even a cooler if desired.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.