Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: O goodie, another masterful idea to follow the Street from the MoCo  (Read 6594 times)

ultrarider123

What is the world coming too....

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/06/14/that-buzz-harley-davidson-confirms-production-electric-motorcycle/?intcmp=hpff

New catchphrases:
Sparkie
Shockedmore
Electric Avenue
Volt (oops, Chevy already got dat one...)
AC/DC (all kinds of ad music available)
Rayo-bike
Neveready... :huepfenlol2:

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 03:11:55 PM by Haird »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: O goodie, another masterful idea to follow the Street from the MoCo
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 04:17:18 PM »

Make sure to buy the super extra long Screamin' Eagle extension cord with the chrome plated reel.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 05:05:20 PM »

Laugh if you must, but I'm gonna start new change jar at home to save up for one of these. According to the article I've got some time...
If it can deliver on the 130 mile range between "fill ups" it should be a fun cycle to "buzz" around on and because electric motors generate all their torque right from the start it will provide plenty of entertainment. Without the need yo shift a traditional transmission my wife may even ride it.

I will not delude myself or others that it is a "green" vehicle because the electricity has to be generated somehow, and at this time that somehow is usually with a fossil fuel.

I've been waiting for the past two years for HD to get the Livewire project out of the concept stage and into production. If they can get it to market with a sub 20k price tag I think it just might be successful.

And yes, I would have to splurge and have the official Screamin  Eagle chrome charging outlet installed at home.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 05:08:00 PM »

I'm potentially with Phato here.  The qualifier is I'm not much of a bar-hopper or local around town rider.  If I was though I'd be all over the idea of a good looking reliable electric bike.

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 06:25:26 PM »

Just think about it, A new production Harley with no THEY ALL DO THAT MECHANICAL  NOISE!!!! :laugh4:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 06:50:24 PM »

Just think about it, A new production Harley with no THEY ALL DO THAT MECHANICAL  NOISE!!!! :laugh4:

Yeah, it'll take awhile to think of all things that these might "all do" to excuse whatever they screw up or under-engineer next.   :huepfenlol2:

windjammer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 sold
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 06:52:46 PM »

Sounds like Polaris is way ahead in this game!

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 07:18:27 PM »

Sounds like one should wait about four or five years after production before jumping on that bandwagon. Think the learning curve and design issues will be significant in the first years. Let the MoCo work out all the bugs first...  :nixweiss:

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 07:19:38 PM »

Don't know about over the pond but over here plugins are far and few,....maybe pull a solar panelled trailer  ;D 

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 07:28:20 PM »

Laugh if you must, but I'm gonna start new change jar at home to save up for one of these. According to the article I've got some time...
If it can deliver on the 130 mile range between "fill ups" it should be a fun cycle to "buzz" around on and because electric motors generate all their torque right from the start it will provide plenty of entertainment. Without the need yo shift a traditional transmission my wife may even ride it.

I will not delude myself or others that it is a "green" vehicle because the electricity has to be generated somehow, and at this time that somehow is usually with a fossil fuel.

I've been waiting for the past two years for HD to get the Livewire project out of the concept stage and into production. If they can get it to market with a sub 20k price tag I think it just might be successful.

And yes, I would have to splurge and have the official Screamin  Eagle chrome charging outlet installed at home.

We are in also!
For two, his and hers.
I guess I'll have to put up one of those fake trees with solar panels at Eagles Nest.
Of course the color will have to be "Lectric Blue"

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 08:49:53 PM »

Sounds like one should wait about four or five years after production before jumping on that bandwagon. Think the learning curve and design issues will be significant in the first years. Let the MoCo work out all the bugs first...  :nixweiss:

Yep, I agree!  We're still waiting for the MoCo to work out all the bugs on these twin cam 110s.  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 08:52:39 PM »

Don't know about over the pond but over here plugins are far and few,....maybe pull a solar panelled trailer  ;D

We put charging stations in all of our projects.  We have 36 of them here at Broadstone Corsair.  And we always put a few outside the gate so that they're open to the  public when they pull up charging stations on their app.  They're all over larger cities here in the US.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 10:36:22 PM »

I gotta say I took a Livewire out for a test drive last summer and I loved it. I found it smooth, fast, flickable, (like a Buell/EBR), and really really fun. I have no problem telling you if the production bike is anything like the prototype I will be buying one.
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 11:04:04 PM »

Y'all crack me up!  I love to laugh!  That's what I'd be doin' watchin' you clowns on your PC Motorsickles!!!!  Whatr' you gonna' do?  Have your Ol' Ladies follow you around with a trailer to haul your dumb a$$ to the next chargin' station?  Good luck!  News flash......there ain't none!!!  Y'all will have to get you some stickers made that says "I rode the Dragon, but had to walk home.......No juice!"  ROTFL!   :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 12:14:26 AM »

Y'all crack me up!  I love to laugh!  That's what I'd be doin' watchin' you clowns on your PC Motorsickles!!!!  Whatr' you gonna' do?  Have your Ol' Ladies follow you around with a trailer to haul your dumb a$$ to the next chargin' station?  Good luck!  News flash......there ain't none!!!  Y'all will have to get you some stickers made that says "I rode the Dragon, but had to walk home.......No juice!"  ROTFL!   :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: Later--HUBBARD

I'm not so sure Hub.  All the torque that comes from properly sized electric motors wouldn't suck.  It wouldn't be a real bike but it might make a fine city hopper.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.