Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: O goodie, another masterful idea to follow the Street from the MoCo  (Read 6595 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: O goodie, another masterful idea to follow the Street from the MoCo
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 12:42:47 AM »

Hey, I know 2Lane.  Hell, there's already an Electric Commercial Tractor in the experimental stages.  Everythings changin'.  Don't like change.  I have to conform to it, but I don't have to like it.  Old school.....from hell.  Just visualize me on an electric Motorsickle!  I know you could see the humor in that!  I'd be drivin' myself nuts trying to cheat-up the batteries!  Later--HUBBARD     
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:33:28 PM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 02:35:20 AM »

I would like to know how long it takes to charge up......hate to think I would have to wait at some roadside charging station for several hours just to get home. And since rechargeable batteries do loose the ability to charge I wonder how many charges we would get out the battery pack before it needs replacing and then how many hundreds or thousands of dollars is that battery pack gonna cost? Bet it would be a hazmat disposal procedure and cost to dispose of too.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 05:17:34 AM »

Hey, I know 2Lane.  Hell, there's already a Electric Commercial Tractor in the experimental stages.  Everythings changin'.  Don't like change.  I have to conform to it, but I don't have to like it.  Old school.....from hell.  Just visualize me on an electric Motorsickle!  I know you could see the humor in that!  I'd be drivin' myself nuts trying to cheat-up the batteries!  Later--HUBBARD   

Oh yeah, I can just see ol Hub with a helmet with lightning bolts painted on the side trying to add outrigger batteries to give the bitch more power  :huepfenlol2: !

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 06:37:43 AM »

There won't be anything to leak?  :nixweiss: 

Live to ride, ride electrically?   :nixweiss:

Do not know about this one.  Sorta sounds good.....but....and there are several buts.

Then again, there are times I wished I was born 50 years earlier.  Or even 30.  This one made my head hurt.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

turn_key

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 11:10:13 AM »

I don't necessarily think electric cars or bikes are a fad, or a bad idea, but with the present tech I don't think they are practical yet. Perhaps they are jumping on the bandwagon, but the good thing about projects like these are innovation: the moco is refining or developing new technology for feasibility.

Range and charging stations are my concern considering the traffic here and my distance to work, but I like the idea of having a small bike just to scoot around to run some errands, and electric seems like a low maintenance option (yeah yeah, Harley, don't say it). I miss my old dyna for that reason.

I'm not a tree hugger and don't think I'm saving the world when I throw a pop can into the blue bin, but if fossil fuel is finite then there has to be an alternative, and I'm glad Harley is involved.

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 07:06:57 PM »

Took out one of the Livewire Prototypes, incredibly fast, but they slow down so fast when you let off the throttle, you have to be aware that there is nobody in a cage to close to you. You could sneak out at night, without being heard.....

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 01:20:34 PM »

Two things I have seen lately. One, YouTube electric dragsters. The other was someone installed a Tesla motor in a Vintage VW Bus. Tesla so far is the only electric car that will go a few hundred miles before charging and the rest are like less than 100 miles. Don't know how far the Hd electric bike goes before charging.

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 05:02:46 PM »

The good ole' US of A is just too big for electric anything to work out long term. Long road trips are never going to be possible. And batteries are anything but environmentally friendly!
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2016, 09:06:27 PM »

Give it a 250 mile range and I'm all in.  Have lots of roads in East TN that the Livewire would be a total blast on. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 07:54:04 PM »

i guess i am out on the electric cycle. i guess me and hubbard will be ridin togather. maybe, steve at fulsac will make you guys some fake loud mufflers!! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 12:05:50 PM »

Shocking article......!

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 02:10:28 PM »

They need better batteries which is what the car makers are working on (It will come).  Once the battery is shot it will be expensive to replace.  The prices will go down but someone had to replace their battery a few years ago and it was around $4K. I know they have done a lot of work on safety as well having a big battery and then getting in a wreck is a little scary. I have seen a few wrecked and I never saw any indication of a problem with the battery leaking, burning or blowing up. 

It is important to have the Harley sound! :)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2016, 03:52:20 PM »

My goodness the Harley crowd that has to have better/louder sounding pipes is now going to accept an electric motorcycle??? :o

I will not be one of the first to get one of these. I am not an around town bike rider and even a range of 250 miles will not be enough for and average day of riding. What on earth would lead anyone to believe that just because it is electric it will not have breakdown issues? The least reliable parts on our Harleys are the electronics. :P
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.