Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: OCC Foreclosure  (Read 4126 times)

harley56

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 FLHTCSE
Re: OCC Foreclosure
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 02:10:15 PM »

That might be a recent tactic, but I never did so. My building isn't worth near $12M, and they eventually sold off the note, but it's just under the LLC, and I rent the property back to myself (different LLC) and depreciate the whole thing - with no personal liability other than the accumulated appreciation at any given time.  When the economy comes back, I'll refinance it again to the hilt, pocket the money and start over again. Finance 101. Surely they can afford better accountants and attorney's than I can.

Either way, they will probably work it out before anything gets seized.

You did good!  My loans, and all my neighboring dealers with loans through GE Capital, are tied to personal guarantees.  However, these aren't real estate loans.  Guess without more info. who knows for sure, and I agree, they will probably work it out.

gmpartsman

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 09:48:48 PM »

sr had a couple of his collector cars on ebay last week..hhmmm.. :o

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 10:01:54 PM »

That might be a recent tactic, but I never did so. My building isn't worth near $12M, and they eventually sold off the note, but it's just under the LLC, and I rent the property back to myself (different LLC) and depreciate the whole thing - with no personal liability other than the accumulated appreciation at any given time.  When the economy comes back, I'll refinance it again to the hilt, pocket the money and start over again. Finance 101. Surely they can afford better accountants and attorney's than I can.

Either way, they will probably work it out before anything gets seized.
I never had to sign personally for property loans with them either, alot of people and companies use this tactic and most of the times it works.  OCC is in a good position due to the fact they owe GE so much money, GE will settle before its over.  Not that I agree, but I think it will happen.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 22 queries.