Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: 2012 Goldwing released  (Read 13573 times)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
Re: 2012 Goldwing released
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 11:04:21 AM »

...looks like Harley paint on the bags which I think is an improvement. We have a lot of new 09 and 10's around here for sale. Some dealers are throwing in a free Bushtec, 1.99% financing and 1K allowance for goodies.  Doc

http://motorcycles.oodle.com/?q=bushtec&o=75&sc=vehicle%2Fmotorcycle
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 12:49:37 PM by grandpadoc »

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 12:11:26 PM »

After waiting 2 or 3 years for changes, the change is minimal and frankly a let down for the G.W. guys that I know.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 12:19:05 PM »

After waiting 2 or 3 years for changes, the change is minimal and frankly a let down for the G.W. guys that I know.

X2
They moved from Ohio to a state of the art facility in Japan, and this was the best they could do?
Many thought 2000 cc's and a optional automatic in the new Wing..   If you were a Wing fan, a definite let down.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 12:31:36 PM »

X2
They moved from Ohio to a state of the art facility in Japan, and this was the best they could do?
Many thought 2000 cc's and a optional automatic in the new Wing..   If you were a Wing fan, a definite let down.
A lot of my friends have wings, they cannot believe the poor upgrade done by Japan.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 01:34:22 PM »

"A lot of my friends have wings, they cannot believe the poor upgrade done by Japan."

I'm hearing the same thing, they can't believe it, but I'm one who has been
waiting since 07 for something better then the 110! Talk about letdowns!
The "TAZMUN"

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 01:59:08 PM »

Somebody mentioned the Ness or Victory influence. Perhaps Honda has made some of these design changes to (as Victory claims) allow the motorcycle to go down on the pavement without becoming a total loss   :nixweiss: 

As to the H-D bashing thing, while your average metric owner will swear that the H-D riders bash them more, the truth is the metric riders all feel some subliminal need to justify their purchase which they do so by bashing H-D. I'm sure a good shrink could figure it out. Me ? I don't really care. While I like some of the metric cruisers. the Gold Wing is an atrocity so far as being a motorcycle. As I've said before, it sounds like a sewing machine and looks like a Honda Accord cut in 1/2. I buy and ride motorcycles for a lot more reasons than what the tech sheets and magazine writers have to say about them. It's like holistic medicine, you have to have mind and body working together. I can't wrap either around the GW. No offense to those that can, it's like why some H-D riders won't even think about owning a shark nose fairing or some won't own a bat wing or some don't want any fairing etc etc. Personal preference. I belong to a boat forum that is about the Mfg of wooden boats that I am currently restoring one of. Under my user name it says ? " I'd own a boat and a Harley even if there were no lakes nor roads in the world. "  That says it all for me

B B

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 02:12:40 PM »

The reference to Harley is for the heat. I here they are murder on the legs if you don't use the highway pegs!
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Ultra2010

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 02:29:36 PM »

Somebody mentioned the Ness or Victory influence. Perhaps Honda has made some of these design changes to (as Victory claims) allow the motorcycle to go down on the pavement without becoming a total loss   :nixweiss: 

As to the H-D bashing thing, while your average metric owner will swear that the H-D riders bash them more, the truth is the metric riders all feel some subliminal need to justify their purchase which they do so by bashing H-D. I'm sure a good shrink could figure it out. Me ? I don't really care. While I like some of the metric cruisers. the Gold Wing is an atrocity so far as being a motorcycle. As I've said before, it sounds like a sewing machine and looks like a Honda Accord cut in 1/2. I buy and ride motorcycles for a lot more reasons than what the tech sheets and magazine writers have to say about them. It's like holistic medicine, you have to have mind and body working together. I can't wrap either around the GW. No offense to those that can, it's like why some H-D riders won't even think about owning a shark nose fairing or some won't own a bat wing or some don't want any fairing etc etc. Personal preference. I belong to a boat forum that is about the Mfg of wooden boats that I am currently restoring one of. Under my user name it says ? " I'd own a boat and a Harley even if there were no lakes nor roads in the world. "  That says it all for me

B B

excellent post!!

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 02:33:49 PM »

Just be happy that folks do have a choice when it comes to selecting a motorcycle.  Can you imagine what a Harley would cost if it was the only game in town?  When I first walked in a Harley dealership in 2002, they wanted $2000 to $3000 over MSRP, so I went and bought a Honda VTX1800 - more bike and less money.  It took me a while to appreciate the things that I now appreciate about Harleys.  I know that Harley's production numbers and the economy have changed things, but where would we be if there were no alternatives to HD?  Everyone would just have to bash V-Rods.  I think that things are better for all of us on two wheels when there are more folks on two wheels, so I'm good with whatever they want to ride.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 02:37:41 PM »

Road Glide Ultra with a free Bushtec trailer and hitch, 1.99% financing and 1K credit for goodies could make me buy a new Harley...maybe. If Honda can do it Willie can do it.  Doc

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 02:38:28 PM »

Looks like a Victory screwed a BMW and then a Goldwing and for good measure gave a BJ to a Harley

Could not have said that any better!
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 03:40:05 PM »

Looks like a Victory screwed a BMW and then a Goldwing and for good measure gave a BJ to a Harley

And its Grandparents were an Alien and a Predator.

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 03:52:38 PM »

Just be happy that folks do have a choice when it comes to selecting a motorcycle.  Can you imagine what a Harley would cost if it was the only game in town?  When I first walked in a Harley dealership in 2002, they wanted $2000 to $3000 over MSRP, so I went and bought a Honda VTX1800 - more bike and less money.  It took me a while to appreciate the things that I now appreciate about Harleys.  I know that Harley's production numbers and the economy have changed things, but where would we be if there were no alternatives to HD?  Everyone would just have to bash V-Rods.  I think that things are better for all of us on two wheels when there are more folks on two wheels, so I'm good with whatever they want to ride.

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

It's a shame that so many people feel the need to bash other people's choices just to make themselves feel superior.  Last time I checked, appearance didn't make a bike run better, ride better, handle better, or do anything else better.  And best of all, when I'm actually riding a bike I can't see what it looks like anyway.  Why all the insecurity about what other people think about the appearance of their ride?  I especially like the "superior" attitude expressed by some folks who choose to ride much less reliable brands just because they supposedly look better.  Yeah, makes sitting on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck more fun if your broken bike "looks cool". ??? 

It would be nice if everyone could just grow up and respect those who make different choices.  Personally, I don't care if someone rides a crotch rocket, a dirt bike, a Goldwing, a Harley, a vintage Brit bike (Norton/Triumph/BSA/Royal Enfield, now those were motorcycles!), or even a Vespa scooter.  If they are out in the wind on two wheels, they're OK by me.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 04:26:05 PM »

"Insecurity" might be a little harsh.  You're on a CVO site where looks are king, so we're bound to comment on the appearance .... of anything, not just a GW.  And you can't tell me that CVO's "run better, ride better, handle better, or do anything else better," can ya? :nixweiss:

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 06:41:33 PM »

I re-read all the posts and I do not see any bashing - most everyone who posted just thinks it is ugly.  I do and I also think the Victory Vision is ugly.  But I do not bash anyone who thinks otherwise and/or decides to ride or own one.  I do not think H-Ds are necessarily superior but part of what I enjoy about my motorcycle is its appearance and the new wing does not cut it for me.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.