Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: 2012 Goldwing released  (Read 13572 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 2012 Goldwing released
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 07:34:52 PM »

It would be nice if everyone could just grow up and respect those who make different choices.  Personally, I don't care if someone rides a crotch rocket, a dirt bike, a Goldwing, a Harley, a vintage Brit bike (Norton/Triumph/BSA/Royal Enfield, now those were motorcycles!), or even a Vespa scooter.  If they are out in the wind on two wheels, they're OK by me.

Jerry

Jerry,

I've said before and will say again; I don't care what someone rides or even who someone rides.  As long as they ride.  That I don't give a flying chit what another guy's bike is is separate and apart, however, from the simple fact that my personal opinion is that the new Wing (or the Vision, for that matter) are ugly bikes.  Other's my love them.  That's fine.  They may think mine are dog throw up on two wheels.  That's fine too.  It's just a subjective opinion on appearance.  

It is not disrespect toward the bike's owner.  Not even to the bike itself for that matter.  It doesn't have to be "pretty" to be a good machine after all.  Hell, a lot of things I like aren't pretty.  Even you after that whiney diatribe that seemed to question intent, integrity or thoughtfulness just because I didn't like the looks of something.

DOOFUS

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 08:02:09 PM »

Nice.  I loved my 2 Wings -- but cld not get the seating comfort right. // Out of the box power is fantastic on that 1800.  And smoothness??  HD has a long way to go.  But the CVO is getting them closer to GoldWing ride.  DOOFUS

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 08:59:13 PM »

I re-read all the posts and I do not see any bashing - most everyone who posted just thinks it is ugly.  I do and I also think the Victory Vision is ugly.  But I do not bash anyone who thinks otherwise and/or decides to ride or own one.  I do not think H-Ds are necessarily superior but part of what I enjoy about my motorcycle is its appearance and the new wing does not cut it for me.

X2    :2vrolijk_21:    IMO Harley is not a superior bike. I have owned 3 wings over the years. I had absolutely NO, I repeat, NO problems with any of them (can't say that about any of my Harleys). I have also owned Triumph's, one BSA, Suzuki's, and Yamaha's. I had many problems with the British bikes back in the 60s, but very few problems with the Japanese bikes. I have been riding now for 46 years, and over those years have ridden several brands, and still ride side by side with friends that have all different makes. I would never bash any of them and they do not bash me, even though we do mess with each other on a daily basis about each other's  bike. In the past 15 years, I have not been on anything except a Harley (even when mine is in the shop for repairs). I just choose to ride a Harley and put up with the problems associated with that ownership. IMO there is nothing that comes close to the feeling I get while riding my CVO, and IMO, nothing comes close to the looks of that machine. I go to Sturgis every year, and from what I see, there are alot of people that try to make their bikes look like a Harley, But I cannot remember seeing many people trying to make their bikes look like a wing. I do not -- and will never bash anyone for what they ride  --- but my opinion of the new wing is   --- fuuuuuuuuuuuugly --  and that is just my opinion  -- whatever that is worth.  And to those that think looks do not matter, why do they pay the extra price for the CVO? :stars:

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 09:04:53 PM »

Cant have anymore fun than bashing a Honda at a rally with a Big Sledge Hammer.
Usually raises a lot of money.

:smash: :smash: :beatdeadhorse: :smash: :smash:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:15:52 PM by DavidB »

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 09:09:08 PM »

Never did care what anyone rides,I have bought and sold 3 wings in the past 3 years and made a lot of money off them, even had one with a two person sidecar.  GL1800 was the best, but still not a Harley.

I stick by my previous words the new wing is flat ugly and a disapointment to wingers world wide.  Many of my friends ride them and they hate the new look as well and are very disapointed in the HP staying the same while BMW continues to go up.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 11:27:08 PM »

I love my CVO Springer but it really doesn't matter what you ride just as long as you ride.  Heck, its the same wind blowin' through my hair regardless of what I'm sitting on!
Jesus is Lord

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 11:35:19 PM »

I love my CVO Springer but it really doesn't matter what you ride just as long as you ride.  Heck, its the same wind blowin' through my hair regardless of what I'm sitting on!

Don't start with the hair.  That's personal!      :huepfenlol2:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 11:48:23 PM »

Don't start with the hair.  That's personal!      :huepfenlol2:

Hair and fingers....  Don't have much of either, do we?      :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2011, 01:10:06 AM »

Hair and fingers....  Don't have much of either, do we?      :nixweiss:

As I sit here to contemplate all that has transpired I lean forward.  And run my fingers through my hai...

Wait just a darn minute.  I don't write fiction.... 

I may write about ugly Goldwings.  But that's not fiction :huepfenlol2: !

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2011, 08:07:06 AM »

The 1987 1200 was the last Wing that looked like a motorcycle,   The release of the 1988 1500 looked like a two wheel refrigerator !!!!!

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011, 08:14:32 AM »

Feel sorry for the wingers that waited all this time for this one.
Could not have said that any better!
Chains you have a good eye.

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2011, 09:51:59 AM »

The 1987 1200 was the last Wing that looked like a motorcycle,   
If you asked most people "What does a motorcycle look like?", they probably wouldn't pick any kind of touring bike.  I think my Fat Bob is a lot closer to what most folks would say that a motorcycle looks like than my Ultra Classic.  I really like the look of the original Gold Wings before they became touring bikes (and I did get to ride one back in the late 70s or early 80s), but a lot of folks probably don't even know that Gold Wings haven't always looked like the machines that they have become.  I think that my Triumph T100 is what a motorcycle is supposed to look like too because that's what I remember bikes looking like when I was a kid in the 60s.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2011, 10:03:52 AM »

Hey!!!! i wouldnt mind having one of those sitting in my drive way   :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

So I can watch my neighborhood dogs piss all over it   :P :P

Yeap or to hang my rags that I used to clean My CVO!!!!!!!! :coolblue: :coolblue:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2011, 11:06:46 AM »

If you asked most people "What does a motorcycle look like?", they probably wouldn't pick any kind of touring bike.  I think my Fat Bob is a lot closer to what most folks would say that a motorcycle looks like than my Ultra Classic.  I really like the look of the original Gold Wings before they became touring bikes (and I did get to ride one back in the late 70s or early 80s), but a lot of folks probably don't even know that Gold Wings haven't always looked like the machines that they have become.  I think that my Triumph T100 is what a motorcycle is supposed to look like too because that's what I remember bikes looking like when I was a kid in the 60s.

...and the only bike company to show a sales increase and profit last year. I went to look at their touring bike recently and its evolving nicely, only thing left is adding cruise control and tourpack and it will rock...its already crazy quick and powerful. Doc

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2011, 01:04:41 PM »

Don't you just love it when somebody starts a thread that is basically an opinion thread and then some people get all worked up because others actually state their opinions. I recall President George HW Bush catching flak for saying he hated broccoli even though he liked most vegetables. So here's the thing. I LOVE motorcycles, but a Gold Wing is broccoli in my book.

B B
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.