Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Va Beach police getiing out of hand  (Read 4701 times)

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
Re: Va Beach police getiing out of hand
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 08:06:51 AM »

WOW, this is way out of control. You should have asked to see the law that states you can't video them, I doubt it exists. Hell in most states it's still not legal for peeping toms for cryin out loud and you can photograph anyone at any time unless specified at an event.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 01:49:02 PM »

As far as illegal equipment tickets go the following applies:
The vehicle has to conform to the laws of the state in which it is registered. If it's legal in your state it does not have to meet any other state's requirements.
Virginia and a few other states have a law outlawing radar detectors. I got stopped at a toll booth outside of Richmond Va. many years back for having a radar detector mounted above my rear view mirror. The state police were writing me a ticket and were going to confiscate my detector. I being a smart azz and wanting to have some fun stirring the pot, I called BS on what they were doing. They didn't know what a can of worms they had opened. I had a car phone at the time and called my lawyer who just so happened to live in Va.,I was living in SC at that time. Long story short. Within 10 mins. the Sargent came out of the building, told the other troopers to let me go, and apologized for any inconvenience I suffered. The cops don't always know what laws apply. I'm not knocking 
our law enforcement officers as they try to do a good job and we would be in a hell of a mess without them.
OBTW, I still have that radar detector but it is in the attic. All the speeding tickets I ever received was when I was using a radar detector!  :oops:
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 02:40:09 PM »

like a judge just told me about my exhaust on my truck, "just because it passes state inspection does not make it legal. it also has to comform to Va state code" which in my case my exhaust was not factory, but it conforms to all the epa"muffler, resonator, etc" and inspection requirments for the state. seems the two books dont match when it comes to the law, and conflict each other.
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 08:32:09 PM »

like a judge just told me about my exhaust on my truck, "just because it passes state inspection does not make it legal. it also has to comform to Va state code" which in my case my exhaust was not factory, but it conforms to all the epa"muffler, resonator, etc" and inspection requirments for the state. seems the two books dont match when it comes to the law, and conflict each other.

IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY!! 

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 09:30:38 PM »

Did Brian get a pass to the policman's ball?

Doesn't sound like the VA Beach Police have Balls!  :oops:
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 01:00:55 AM »

Here is the Virginia State Code on car/truck mufflers, fyi :
§ 46.2-1049. Exhaust system in good working order.

No person shall drive and no owner of a vehicle shall permit or allow the operation of any such vehicle on a highway unless it is equipped with an exhaust system in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual levels of noise; provided however, that for motor vehicles, such exhaust system shall be of a type installed as standard factory equipment, or comparable to that designed for use on the particular vehicle as standard factory equipment. An exhaust system shall not be deemed to prevent excessive or unusual noise if it permits the escape of noise in excess of that permitted by the standard factory equipment exhaust system of private passenger motor vehicles or trucks of standard make.

The term "exhaust system," as used in this section, means all the parts of a vehicle through which the exhaust passes after leaving the engine block, including mufflers and other sound dissipative devices.

Chambered pipes are not an effective muffling device to prevent excessive or unusual noise, and any vehicle equipped with chambered pipes shall be deemed in violation of this section.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 01:02:33 AM »

Here is what the Virginia State Code says about Motorcycle mufflers, FYI:

§ 46.2-1050. Mufflers on motorcycles.

It shall be unlawful for any person to operate or cause to be operated any motorcycle not equipped with a muffler or other sound dissipative device in good working order and in constant operation.

No person shall remove or render inoperative, or cause to be removed or rendered inoperative, other than for purposes of maintenance, repair or replacement, any muffler or sound dissipative device on a motorcycle.

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 05:00:55 AM »

VaEagle there is another one that states it has to be factory or like factory, basically if it came with single exhaust it can't have duals exhaust.
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 05:36:44 PM »

VaEagle there is another one that states it has to be factory or like factory, basically if it came with single exhaust it can't have duals exhaust.
I guess the ole 'Bull Dog CutOuts' that you could order from the MoCo back in the late 30's wouldn't pass muster with these current laws.   :oops: har   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 07:18:58 PM »

I guess the ole 'Bull Dog CutOuts' that you could order from the MoCo back in the late 30's wouldn't pass muster with these current laws.   :oops: har   spyder

Spyder:

I guees the Virginia guys will be going back to bypass systems, cutouts and washers in straight pipes to pass these laws.

I remember when.....

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 08:04:59 PM »

Spyder:

I guees the Virginia guys will be going back to bypass systems, cutouts and washers in straight pipes to pass these laws.

I remember when.....

;D ;D ;D :2vrolijk_21:
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.