Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fatal motorcycle accident on I-680  (Read 1965 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Fatal motorcycle accident on I-680
« on: August 03, 2011, 02:22:56 PM »

Fatal motorcycle accident on I-680 Updated at 08:13 AM today
FREMONT, Calif. -- A man was killed in a motorcycle crash on an Interstate Highway 680 on-ramp in Fremont this morning.

The crash happened at about 5:40 a.m. as the motorcyclist, who was riding a Kawasaki bike, tried to enter northbound I-680 from Mission Boulevard, California Highway Patrol Officer Steve Creel said. Witnesses reported that the bike appeared to be traveling at 70 to 75 mph as the rider prepared to merge into highway traffic, which is not heavy in the northbound direction at that hour, Creel said.

As the rider rode up the on-ramp, smoke was seen coming from the bike, and the rider veered left over a raised median that separates the on-ramp from the highway, Creel said. He was ejected from the motorcycle and landed on the right shoulder of the highway. The bike came to rest in the right lane.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. The CHP is still investigating what caused the crash, Creel said.

The right lane of the highway was closed as the accident was cleared.

Just a few miles from my house, and it's a decent access ramp to the freeway. Sad situation no matter what he was riding.  :(
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Fatal motorcycle accident on I-680
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 05:06:22 PM »

Lost an engine and oiled the rear tire?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Fatal motorcycle accident on I-680
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 03:28:08 PM »

Lost an engine and oiled the rear tire?
Probably....or could have been tire smoke if wheel locked up for some reason.  At that speed, a lot of possibilities.  Reckon we'll never know unless a follow-up report is posted.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 22 queries.