Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Preliminary test on polishes  (Read 30345 times)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Preliminary test on polishes
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 11:36:22 AM »

Sure it's in here somewhere, but how about a link or number for the best (translated least expensive) place to order Zaino?

SORY BLM

WWW.ZAINOBROS.COM

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 11:49:51 AM »

AJ...initially, I would only use the Pro polish on the new bike, unless you see swirl marks in the black from dealer prep, etc.
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 01:59:28 PM »

Terry actually the new cars that are transported by rail have rail dust on them. It gets embeded in the paint the only way to remove it is with a clay bar and soap and water mixture. I am sure there are some inpurities on the finish of our bikes as well. That is why I use the clay bar. It is also great for removal of those hard to remove bugs from the front of your bike. That is all I use before Zaino. If I had an older vehicle then a machine compound would be a good start before the clay bar.

Go to the Zaino website and read the application instructions. They have been around for some time now and are not just another new product. Also they do not advertise, they don't have too.

Glare may turn out to be superior to Zaino and I really don't know if it will. It may be the new craze on the show car circuit again I don't know. I know I have a lot of product on the shelf and will continue to use it until it is gone.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Mike...haven't ever experienced that before.  3M makes a lot of good stuff and that's what I used to use when needing to get serious stuff off the finish of any of my vehicles...and no.7 Dupont.

I think people should use whatever they are comfortable and happy with.  I've not used the Zaino...I'm sure by some of what has been said here it is an excellent product, as is the Glare.  Probably a toss up, depending on what you need to do with the finish/paint.  I'm not really a proponent of Glare other than to say that I know it works very well and will give people better results than some other products I've used over the years.  If something better comes along, I'll give it a try as well.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 02:24:32 PM »

Mike...haven't ever experienced that before.
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Glarepro

• Vendor
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 02:29:03 PM »

Here is a buffing Guide for those that are unclear on which GLARE Product does what, as well as what necessary steps to take for any given paint situation...

http://autopolish.net/buffdirections.asp

Also handy in doing an accurate Appearance Test is a Gloss Meter, which is a handheld laboratory testing device designed to measure reflective gloss all the way up to mirror clarity and gives you a digital readout. This would be a handy supplement to doing the naked eye test which would give you a more accurate all around appearance test as the Gloss Meter can see what sometimes the naked eye cannot (as was the case with this pre-lim test).
Unfortunately not everyone is blessed with Eagle Vision.
A company called HORIBA out of Japan makes a high quality one.
Dont mind the references to the Buffing Pads as I know that most bikers will be applying by hand, the important thing is that you know what products to use in your given situation.
And just to clarify, the GLARE Pro Polish does not contain any types of metal-oxide abrasives and is the only product necessary as a maintenance.
Cheers!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 02:32:56 PM by Glarepro »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 03:45:56 PM »

Yo Glarepro dude. pssst, I like you better this way.
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2006, 10:25:24 PM »

Anyone ever use Pinnacle wax?  My friend uses it now instead of Zaino and swears by it.
Unapologetically American!

Glare

• Vendor
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2006, 03:37:46 PM »

Just a note of "Correction" Glare Pro Polish has no abrasives in it. That is why you can polish your prescription eyeglasses with it. Something you cannot do with Zano! In fact it actually improves the lenses plastic or glass by filling the light surface scratches chemically and permanently.

Glare is the safest product you can use on any painted surface, chrome, glass, or plastic. Chrysler called us last week from Michigan and they are going to start using and selling the Glare. Reason! They completely saved their headlight and brake light lenses without having to use new ones. They restored them to better than new. Also they tested Glare and told us this product is the best they have ever tested, used, or applied  period. I guess they will call it Mopar Glare.  Just a note.

Regards,

Perry Stevens
Head Chemist

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 10:19:31 PM »

Merry Christmas to all.  ;D I just spent the past weekend polishing up mee ride(2003 FLHRSEI2) It had a swirl mark on the front fender. I used the Glare Spider and  Glare Polish.  And like an offer you can't refuse.. gone The swirl mark is gone. I then tried it on my Pearl White Acura, it has a 4 inch scratch on the hood. Altho under the right light and angle you can still see the scratch, I am truly impressed on how the Spider disolved and reduced the size of the scratch. Next was the Black 1993 Acura Legend. A daily driver that never gets washed and cleaned as often as it should. It had Swirls marks  all over the paint from years of Automatic Car Washes. The swirl marks vanished and the paint looks new again. If it could only change the rust to shinny metal again ::) I highly recomend the Glare products after seeing how the worked  this weekend . The worst the paint  the more  improvement you will see.  

DHTDHT

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2006, 11:26:14 PM »

Just a note of "Correction" Glare Pro Polish has no abrasives in it. That is why you can polish your prescription eyeglasses with it. Something you cannot do with Zano! In fact it actually improves the lenses plastic or glass by filling the light surface scratches chemically and permanently.

Glare is the safest product you can use on any painted surface, chrome, glass, or plastic. Chrysler called us last week from Michigan and they are going to start using and selling the Glare. Reason! They completely saved their headlight and brake light lenses without having to use new ones. They restored them to better than new. Also they tested Glare and told us this product is the best they have ever tested, used, or applied
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 11:30:48 PM by DHTDHT »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 07:29:22 AM »

Dear Perry, Head Chemist, de facto internet salesperson,

The Pro Polish has no abrasives in it? So are you saying it is not a polish but a sealer/filler?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2006, 09:59:12 AM »

Just a note of "Correction" Glare Pro Polish has no abrasives in it. That is why you can polish your prescription eyeglasses with it. [highlight]Something you cannot do with Zano![/highlight] In fact it actually improves the lenses plastic or glass by filling the light surface scratches chemically and permanently.

Glare is the safest product you can use on any painted surface, chrome, glass, or plastic. Chrysler called us last week from Michigan and they are going to start using and selling the Glare. Reason! They completely saved their headlight and brake light lenses without having to use new ones. They restored them to better than new. Also they tested Glare and told us this product is the best they have ever tested, used, or applied
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2006, 11:32:24 AM »

OK, this might be one completely dumb question but I know nothing about polish or waxing. (too much effort required) ;D
On my SED I have a small scratch (1") where I didn't quite lift the seat screw at the rear of the seat high enough and caught the top of the fender. I just got 2 of the Glare products, Spider and Pro-Polish. Do I use the Spider or should I get one of these clay bars ya'll are speaking of? And if the clay bar is best, where do you find those, Autozone? The scatch is deep enough to feel with my fingernail. Luckily it is in the gold paint and does not show up as bad as if it were in the black portion but I know it is there and if you a looking for it, it is easy to see.

Thanks,
MJZ

Glarepro

• Vendor
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2006, 02:44:43 PM »

Yes, GLARE Professional Polish is a Polish and a Sealant in one.
No, GLARE Professional Polish does not contain any types of Metal-Oxide Abbrassives.
Yes, GLARE Spider, GLARE Knockout, and GLARE Microfinish do contain Metal-Oxide Abbrasives.
Yes, ALL of the products mentioned above contain a negatively charged Silicate Ionic Compound dubbed "Glassplexin" which has chemical reactivity with paint or clearcoat, covalently bonding to the paint or clearcoat.
No, I am not going to address the accuasation of being a Snake-Oil Product as was expressed by the one member here because there is no valididty to that statement since GLARE was tested and proven on 3 several occasions in labs here in the US, Singapore, and Japan (HONDA) to do exactly what we claim it does exactly the way we claim it does.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 02:47:31 PM by Glarepro »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2006, 02:59:22 PM »

Thanks Terry and Ken. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Ken, if I tried Spider and then Pro Polish (which both I already have) and that didn't do it, would it be too late to go back and try the Knock-Out then go back w/ Spider and Pro Polish?

Thanks,
Mark Z
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 25 queries.