Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Does anything smell worse than burned microwave popcorn?  (Read 4127 times)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
Re: Does anything smell worse than burned microwave popcorn?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 09:54:56 PM »

My bad...   sorry...          :oops:          :bananarock: :huepfenlol2:

Not at all, I would like to see a few pics of that 275lb snake. That would be a little scary to have loose in the house, of course it would take care of the cat problem. ::)
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 10:13:42 PM »

Not at all, I would like to see a few pics of that 275lb snake. That would be a little scary to have loose in the house, of course it would take care of the cat problem. ::)

It might try to take care of your ass too!!  I don't want anything around the house where I'm not sure about who's at the top of the food chain  :nervous: :nervous:  I'm not scared of snakes, but something 18' long coonin' around the house looking for something to eat, and pissed off at the same time, would make me reeeeeeeeeeal uncomfortable.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 10:15:54 PM »

It might try to take care of your ass too!!  I don't want anything around the house where I'm not sure about who's at the top of the food chain  :nervous: :nervous:  I'm not scared of snakes, but something 18' long coonin' around the house looking for something to eat, and pissed off at the same time, would make me reeeeeeeeeeal uncomfortable.

I'm with ya on that one, I'll just have to live with the cat problem. ;D

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 10:22:51 PM »

ya...   that's a part of why she went to live at the Ranger school camp..  I just couldn't bring myself to cage her, and she was getting more and more aggressive.  latched on to my knee one day, (pretty much engulfed the whole joint with her mouth), and it took the wife and a buddy to keep her from rolling up on me while I worked her teeth out of my skin, and we were pretty much done thinkin' a giant snake was a cool pet....  It was cool while it lasted though...  I'd walk her outside and freak out the passing joggers, didn't have a "dog crappin' in my yard" problem at all,  and ALL the cute little teeny-bopper chicks wanted to hang out...   (even the wife thought that was funny)  It just takes WAYY too much to keep an exotic pet.  I think that's why they call them exotic...
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 10:39:49 PM »

ya...   that's a part of why she went to live at the Ranger school camp..  I just couldn't bring myself to cage her, and she was getting more and more aggressive.  latched on to my knee one day, (pretty much engulfed the whole joint with her mouth), and it took the wife and a buddy to keep her from rolling up on me while I worked her teeth out of my skin, and we were pretty much done thinkin' a giant snake was a cool pet....  It was cool while it lasted though...  I'd walk her outside and freak out the passing joggers, didn't have a "dog crappin' in my yard" problem at all,  and ALL the cute little teeny-bopper chicks wanted to hang out...   (even the wife thought that was funny)  It just takes WAYY too much to keep an exotic pet.  I think that's why they call them exotic...

Holy chit! That would have been it for me too!

I was just out in the kitchen thinking about this post and the worst smell I have ever experienced would have to be while I was at Cape Cod last Summer. Donna and I were walking along the beach in the late afternoon. Warm, breezy day, the wind was coming in off the water. We get down to where the beach turns toward a small cove and the breeze turns around and starts blowing right at us. There was a smell in that breeze that almost bought the two of us to our knees. Just up ahead there was a dead bottle nose dolphin. It was only a small one, 3 feet long or so but very dead. It was by far the worse thing I have ever smelled.

Cat puke, snake crap and dead dolphins, what a great thread... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 07:41:09 AM »

Incendiary peas...came home one night after playing rugby with a snoot full and cooked buttered peas just sounded sooo good, put 'em on the stove, kicked back in the overstuffed lounger with yet another beer and the tv on low-awoke 3 hours later to a thick black dense burned sphincter smell permeating the house and all the smoke alarms working overtime. It took four days of constantly cleaning EVERYTHING in the house-walls, cabinets, sheets, carpets...couldn't eat peas for some time. Phew! :drink: :confused5:
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 11:00:03 AM »

:sick2: :puke:
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 11:35:08 AM »

Incendiary peas...came home one night after playing rugby with a snoot full and cooked buttered peas just sounded sooo good, put 'em on the stove, kicked back in the overstuffed lounger with yet another beer and the tv on low-awoke 3 hours later to a thick black dense burned sphincter smell permeating the house and all the smoke alarms working overtime. It took four days of constantly cleaning EVERYTHING in the house-walls, cabinets, sheets, carpets...couldn't eat peas for some time. Phew! :drink: :confused5:

I had a similar experience while making habanero pepper sauce.  I had them simmering in white vinegar.  Imagine the acrid smoke from smoldering peppers in the air.  The smoke alone (containing capsacin) was enough to burn the nose.  I had asked my 11 year old daughter to turn the stove off to let the cooked peppers steep the rest of the night.  She mistakenly assumed I was trying to reduce the liquid portion and left the stove on without telling me to drive off some more vinegar.  It's scary to wake up at 3AM because your nose is burning from pepper smoke.

Scott, was the python litter trained or did you have to go hunting like a turd burgler when you noticed the offending odor?
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 11:42:12 AM »

I don't think there are many smells worse then burned food on the stove. In my career as a firefighter we have often responded to calls where there hasn't been anybody at home and smoke coming from the residence. Burned food gives off a very distinctive smell that usually can be noticed blocks away. I think the worse I've ever smelled would probably been what started off as hard boiled eggs.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 11:57:28 AM »

Them snakes get big when they get loose down here...I saw one burmese around 20+ foot in a lake not far from the house...I think you'd need a 12 gauge to kill it.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »

That was a 6 foot gator that got ette before the snake popped.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2008, 12:46:16 PM »

That was a 6 foot gator that got ette before the snake popped.

Did it stink? :bananarock:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 12:54:12 PM »

I had a similar experience while making habanero pepper sauce.  I had them simmering in white vinegar.  Imagine the acrid smoke from smoldering peppers in the air.  The smoke alone (containing capsacin) was enough to burn the nose.  I had asked my 11 year old daughter to turn the stove off to let the cooked peppers steep the rest of the night.  She mistakenly assumed I was trying to reduce the liquid portion and left the stove on without telling me to drive off some more vinegar.  It's scary to wake up at 3AM because your nose is burning from pepper smoke.

Wow, much more acrid than anything I have been able to muster in my many years of blundering...I can only imagine what was going through your mind as your nasal hairs began beating a hasty retreat!

Scott, was the python litter trained or did you have to go hunting like a turd burgler when you noticed the offending odor?

Now that is hilarious! I am rolling on the friggin' floor at this point! (good thing, as the air is much cleaner there, less odor...) :huepfenjump3:
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2008, 12:54:27 PM »

I imagine it musta.
Out in the glades on an airboat you can catch a whiff of some very smelly things, they are a little hard to spot sometimes in the tall sawgrass.
With the heat stuff gets stinky fast!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2008, 01:17:29 PM »

Now that is hilarious! I am rolling on the friggin' floor at this point! (good thing, as the air is much cleaner there, less odor...) :huepfenjump3:

just watch out for pungent python poop.......
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.