Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Easter First Ride  (Read 1586 times)

AJAyre

Easter First Ride
« on: April 27, 2011, 12:41:07 PM »

Well I finally collected my new rio red ride...all I can say is wow this thing is amazing the new touring frame is just worlds apart from my 07 Jester, the handling is like a sports bike by comparison and I wasn't unhappy with the Jester but this feels like its on rails and omg shock horror the brakes stop you on a sixpence to.  On a long ride with friends riding triumph speed triples over the weekend they were all pretty embarrassed about their inability to leave me behind on that big red tractor in the sweepers .. getting a knee on the floor could take some practice though :-) and I must remember this thing isn't my old gsxr1100 when  she who screams in the headset is sitting in the crows nest.

As for that shark nose Its a lot better at deflecting the wind than the batwing IMHO and sh*t loads better at collecting bugs for sure. Slow riding also seems easier with less weight hung on the bars, although it takes a while to get used to everything staying still when you turn. On the subject of the bars I have to say the bar seat combo is much much better than the Batwing for me at least (5ft 11) but I guess you tall guys might want to opt for a taller screen.

Remember though this is a big ole boy abandon all hope if you forget yourself and park that shark nose into a steeply inclined kerb. Having to ask passing pensioners to help push you out just ain't cool ...is it time to revisit all those worthless threads on reverse gears I wonder?. But even parking it up isn't all bad with that red paint popping and that oh so rare english commodity the sun out the only worry you'll have is being crushed by the crowds that soon begin to gather

Special thanks to Richard at Robin Hood Harley Davidson in Nottingham for all his help in preparing the bike on time...

and yes for all you guys across the pond who are now thinking how cool would it be to have a Robin Hood harley t shirt I'm happy to get them and post them on if you send me a mail

AJ

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Easter First Ride
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:00:10 PM »

Um, AJ,  not to pester you but:

:worthless:

We want to see the T shirt too.  Thanks!   :huepfenjump3:   :bananarock: 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 10:08:57 PM »

Congrats on the new scoot! Glad you like the ride. Time to mod on you rocker. How do I get in queue for a Robin Hood HD t-Shirt? I'll send a check or money order in dollars of pounds or by paypal if you've got an account. Not in a hurry, just think it would be cool!

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 10:24:43 PM »

+1 for    :worthless:

Winhawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 Rio Red FLTRUSE (Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 Autumn Haze and Carbon Dust FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 01:14:20 AM »

"and yes for all you guys across the pond who are now thinking how cool would it be to have a Robin Hood harley t shirt I'm happy to get them and post them on if you send me a mail"

Count me in for a shirt. XXL. Just let me know how you want payment.

+2 for  :worthless:

Trimster

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 99 FXR2
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 05:50:45 AM »

All right, stop, get off the new bike and post pics. Especially the T-shirt  ;D

Congrats on the new ride  :2vrolijk_21:
Al

AJAyre

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 08:01:37 AM »

Hi Guys

the whole country stops here for the Royal wedding tomorrow but I'll get into to Robin Hood early next week and get some pics of some shirts

AJ

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.