Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: 2018 CVO Road glide lowers  (Read 28948 times)

Masar

• 2018 CVO Road Glide Gunship Gray

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Gunship Gray
Re: 2018 CVO Road glide lowers
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2017, 03:07:36 PM »

H guys, i am new to this forum, been at hdforums for years with softails but this year i finally step to touring territory and i bought CVO... i am from Europe,Czech republic.

My bike is 2018 CVO RG in gunship gray and i will install lowers this week on Wednesday. We install them just to try the fitment before they go for paint. So i can share some pictures and info. Till now i did not get any info if the lowers fit or not. HD says no, we think they should.... reading this threat i am happy we are propably right.

We will use standard size engine guard and fairing support. Unfortunately my dealer told me the standard fairiing support is available only in chrome and not gloss black so i was going to paint it. If you have part number for black one,please share it.

BTW i will also install 300 W speakers and AMP to have same music as SG. We also install stretched side covers.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2017, 06:19:51 PM »

My bike is 2018 CVO RG in gunship gray and i will install lowers this week on Wednesday. We install them just to try the fitment before they go for paint.

Hmm ...just wondering why you've purchased lowers in the primer , if you have the gunship grey like mine then colour matched lowers are already available without the need for painting as there the ones from the gunship grey  cvo street glide this year.

Also for those who want to fit lowers to the Road glide and god forbid they don't fit with the 21" wheel  :'( then as a trade off option you can get the  gunship grey street glide 18" front wheel , colour matched lowers and a wrap around fender all colour coded !
but that's only in gunship colour , personally I prefer to keep the big 21" wheel.
Ride free brothers!

Masar

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 03:19:13 AM »

Here is a link to the black fairing support kit, it has the part# listed

Thanks !

Masar

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 03:46:02 AM »

Hmm ...just wondering why you've purchased lowers in the primer , if you have the gunship grey like mine then colour matched lowers are already available without the need for painting as there the ones from the gunship grey  cvo street glide this

2 reasons... we did not know if they realy fit. When we ordered them, there was no info about fitment except Harley saying it can not be done. So i was ready to do some modifications like cut them,adjust them... I did not want to change wheel and fender. So better to paint after the modification and cutting is done.

I ordered also stretched side covers and they are also in primer. So i will paint both parts at one shot. Every HD parts from catalogue are basically more expansive by 50% in my country compare US prices. So difference primer / painted is minimum 1000 usd on the 2 parts. I can paint them here for 300 ... beside the possible modification/cutting convinced me to order primer version.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:33:02 AM by Masar »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 08:14:22 AM »

H guys, i am new to this forum, been at hdforums for years with softails but this year i finally step to touring territory and i bought CVO... i am from Europe,Czech republic.

My bike is 2018 CVO RG in gunship gray and i will install lowers this week on Wednesday. We install them just to try the fitment before they go for paint. So i can share some pictures and info. Till now i did not get any info if the lowers fit or not. HD says no, we think they should.... reading this threat i am happy we are propably right.

We will use standard size engine guard and fairing support. Unfortunately my dealer told me the standard fairiing support is available only in chrome and not gloss black so i was going to paint it. If you have part number for black one,please share it.

BTW i will also install 300 W speakers and AMP to have same music as SG. We also install stretched side covers.

Welcome to the forum.  Keep us posted on your lowers installation and post some pictures. 

You picked the best color.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Masar

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 08:47:46 AM »

Welcome to the forum.  Keep us posted on your lowers installation and post some pictures. 

You picked the best color.

Thank you. Yes, i absolutely love the gunship gray. Actually i was about to buy standard Road Glide Special but this color convinced me to go for CVO.... I always liked this kind of color on cars. I was very happy to see it in HD range for 2018... I see you have a same :) Here is my bike on delivery day. Unfortunately its winter here so bike stays at showroom till March... I will post pictures with lowers later this week.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2017, 08:25:49 AM »

Thank you. Yes, i absolutely love the gunship gray. Actually i was about to buy standard Road Glide Special but this color convinced me to go for CVO.... I always liked this kind of color on cars. I was very happy to see it in HD range for 2018... I see you have a same :) Here is my bike on delivery day. Unfortunately its winter here so bike stays at showroom till March... I will post pictures with lowers later this week.

I am loving the gunship gray.  I have just over 5000 miles on mine already.

Let us know how the lower installation goes. 

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Masar

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2017, 03:38:17 PM »

I am loving the gunship gray.  I have just over 5000 miles on mine already.

Let us know how the lower installation goes.

NICE :)

Masar

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2017, 03:49:07 PM »

We should install the lowers today but it did not happen. I have the chrome fairing support. And replacing engine guard for standard one means also replacing the fairing support. But i can not use the chrome one. Actually it would be useless work because the fairing must be dismantled and assembled back during the installation and using chrome support, we would do it twice. I have to paint the chrome to black first or order the black one. My dealer says he does not see the black one in EU catalogue yet, i think he just do not want to order the black part again. So we will probably paint the chrome to black since its already here.....

Anyway, since i see from the picture here, the lowers can be installed without any cutting and adjustment, i think to paint them now and install everything at one shot. I just hope it can be really done :).... If anyone has any more info, i would appreciate to know it.....

jcd520

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2017, 06:09:10 PM »

Okay Guys, Just got through installing my lowers. No problem. There is actually as much if not more clearance between the fender and the lowers as there was between the chopped engine guard and the fender.
See pictures below.
I removed the chopped guard, the fairing support bracket , installed the regular engine guard , regular black fairing support brackets , and black lowers. It all fit just fine. Be advised that the regular fairing support brackets are numbered 1 and 2----the instructions say 1 is right and 2 is left---------WRONG! at least mine was. Its pretty obvious which side they go on , just pay attention.

jcd520

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2017, 06:10:12 PM »

fairing support brackets

jcd520

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2017, 06:11:33 PM »

lowers installed, Just need to put on the front caps and re install fairing and windshield .
This was a breeze!

Gandrtravis

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

• CVO1: 2008 cvo dyna inferno red and desert black sold
    • CVO2: 2014 cvo road king tribal orange and galactic black traded
    • CVO3: 2018 cvo road glide gunship grey
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2017, 07:11:01 PM »

Will you just leave the lowers black or do any orange pinstriping in them ?

bigcraig

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2017, 07:27:04 PM »

Outstanding jcd520!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.