Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: '14-'18 Bikes can now be upgraded to the BOOM GTS radio  (Read 19690 times)

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: '14-'18 Bikes can now be upgraded to the BOOM GTS radio
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2020, 02:25:16 PM »

I'm tempted by the processor speed and screen readability. Recently updated my 6.5GT Navi software to NACVO-MY2020. Assuming your new 6.5GTS came preloaded with navigation software, what map version did it come with? Does it include any "free" map updates like our CVO bikes did?
No free map updates, found that out on my 2019 CVO Limited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2020, 02:35:59 PM »

No free map updates, found that out on my 2019 CVO Limited

My 2015 FLTRUSE came with 3 "free" (really means "included") updates which had to be used within 5 years. Your comment indicates they've stopped doing that ….oh well.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2020, 02:37:46 PM »

My 2015 FLTRUSE came with 3 "free" (really means "included") updates which had to be used within 5 years. Your comment indicates they've stopped doing that ….oh well.
Yes you are correct, my 16 CVO Street Glide came with 3 free, but the 2019 Limited came with 0

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2020, 03:26:10 PM »

Yes you are correct, my 16 CVO Street Glide came with 3 free, but the 2019 Limited came with 0

Are you sure about the updates?   You have to stick a USB thumb drive in the Multi Media connector and download the information from your Boom GTS to the drive.   
Then you have to download Naviextras Toolbox to your PC and run it.   Then stick the USB into a slot on your PC and it will tell you if you qualify for updates.   I just did my 2019 and it seemed to work however mine had the latest map.   I hope I didn't waste one of my Free updates doing it because it downloaded the whole thing to the drive.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2020, 03:31:15 PM »

Are you sure about the updates?   You have to stick a USB thumb drive in the Multi Media connector and download the information from your Boom GTS to the drive.   
Then you have to download Naviextras Toolbox to your PC and run it.   Then stick the USB into a slot on your PC and it will tell you if you qualify for updates.   I just did my 2019 and it seemed to work however mine had the latest map.   I hope I didn't waste one of my Free updates doing it because it downloaded the whole thing to the drive.
I purchased my bike in August of 2019 had a build date of January, there was a update to the map and it wanted to charge me

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2020, 03:58:08 PM »

I purchased my bike in August of 2019 had a build date of January, there was a update to the map and it wanted to charge me

Interesting!   I bought mine September 29, 2018 and the build date on the frame tube says 09/2018.    They must have stopped after certain production dates for the 2019?

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2020, 04:03:48 PM »

Interesting!   I bought mine September 29, 2018 and the build date on the frame tube says 09/2018.    They must have stopped after certain production dates for the 2019?
I just thought it was all GTS radios, I called Harley-Davidson bitching about it thinking the would comp me a map just to get me off the phone , but noooo

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2020, 12:44:26 PM »

Just completed this upgrade on a 2015 Streetglide.

Installed GTS model #76000834A

As stated above: a remove and replace upgrade.

Installed the old XM module and music works but have not tried the traffic and weather yet

Out of the box, with Iphone 7 plugged into USB, carplay operated just fine without a WHIM or headset(mic) attached.

Did not replace the USB cable

Until you have the unit flashed the GPS will not operate and you will get a continuous beep out of the audio

It is my understanding that the unit comes configured with the WHIM enabled.  Which explains why Carplay worked out of the box and when I had the unit flashed, I asked them to keep the WHIM enabled.

It an expensive upgrade but it sure boots-up faster and the display so much better.  No regrets so far.
Hey Cat Eye, just ordered GTS kit #76000834A for my 2015 FLTRUSE and would appreciate your thoughts:

Does the new GTS have a factory-installed protective film covering the screen? The older 6.5 GT version came with a scratch-protective film installed which did nothing regarding glare. I removed and replaced with NuShield Day Vue film which dramatically improved viewability. I see that NuShield makes an 8.5 sized version for the GTS. Have you tried it?

For Apple CarPlay to work, instructions require new USB Cable (69200031A for Batwing; 76000374A for Road Glide). But CarPlay worked for you w/o installing new USB Cable?

To keep speakers from blowing, did you need to disconnect your speaker wires , or simply pull radio fuse?

Does H-D need to pull the fairing to flash radio/amps?

Thanks
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

1BdBagr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2020, 01:54:40 PM »

Hey Cat Eye, just ordered GTS kit #76000834A for my 2015 FLTRUSE and would appreciate your thoughts:

Does the new GTS have a factory-installed protective film covering the screen? The older 6.5 GT version came with a scratch-protective film installed which did nothing regarding glare. I removed and replaced with NuShield Day Vue film which dramatically improved viewability. I see that NuShield makes an 8.5 sized version for the GTS. Have you tried it?

For Apple CarPlay to work, instructions require new USB Cable (69200031A for Batwing; 76000374A for Road Glide). But CarPlay worked for you w/o installing new USB Cable?

To keep speakers from blowing, did you need to disconnect your speaker wires , or simply pull radio fuse?

Thanks

It doesn't have a protective layer as the screen is Gorilla Glass before the screen was more like a LED computer screen. U need to have the USB cable in order for CarPlay to work. I think u can just leave the radio off before the dealer flashes it. They don't need to pull the fairing to flash the system.
Tim
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 01:57:11 PM by 1BdBagr »
someday i'll have a CVO...

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2020, 07:22:48 PM »

Thanks

Hey Trigger

No protective screen comes with the GTS. They do say it is Gorilla Glass. Thanks for the heads up on the NuShield, I’m going to check it out.

I did not replace the the USB cable and CarPlay works. In fact CarPlay came up without a Mic attached or WHIM even before I had it flashed. It is my understanding that the GTS comes with the WHIM enabled and is why when I had it flashed I instructed them to keep the WHIM enabled.

I also installed the XM module from my 6.5 GT and the music works. Have yet to try the radar and traffic.

Which respect to the stereo, I went ahead and connect and operated the it. Just kept the volume at minimal level.

The radio will continuously beep until the unit is flashed.

The GPS will not operate until the unit is flashed/zoned. Be sure mention the GPS when you have it flashed, my shop over looked this.

No need to pull the faring to do the flash. Once they get on it and if familiar with the process takes less than 15 min. Dealer did even charge me.

Hope this helps...it is amazing how fast this radio boots up!

Cat

jskinner6483

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Limited
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2020, 12:01:53 PM »

A lot of good info. I'm looking to upgrade my system. I ride a 2018 CVO limited and I upgraded my amp and speakers with Soundz last summer, love em.
My questions is will the new GTS work with the aftermarket speakers and amp with just the typical "flash" from Harley that is needed for the GTS to work in an 2018 CVO?
any info will be helpful.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2020, 12:23:33 PM »

I think Pete at soundz customz is doing head unit upgrades.  I believe he has his own harness to make it work. I have a 16 rgu. I'm thinking of getting with him to do it. I have one of his systems that he was offering back in 2017.  The new radios to me are worth it.    Stuart.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2020, 04:01:21 PM »

A lot of good info. I'm looking to upgrade my system. I ride a 2018 CVO limited and I upgraded my amp and speakers with Soundz last summer, love em.
My questions is will the new GTS work with the aftermarket speakers and amp with just the typical "flash" from Harley that is needed for the GTS to work in an 2018 CVO?

Yes, it will work.  You will need to flash the GTS to the same configurations as you did with the GT.

I have a Bikertronic system. My flash configuration was front and back speakers no amp. Then reset the radio to use the factory default EQ settings.  Sound great.

Soundz should have a recommendation.

Good Luck

Cat
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 04:02:57 PM by Cat Eye »

jskinner6483

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Limited
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2020, 08:01:09 AM »

thanks for the info. much appreciated.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2020, 09:01:43 AM »

I have a 2019 CVO Limited, just had SoundZ install four speakers, amp and DSP, installer said they do not have to flash my radio (2019 Limited comes with GTS and stage 1 with 1 amp and four speakers) I asked them I thought it needed flashed and they said not the CVO's ??
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.