Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: '14-'18 Bikes can now be upgraded to the BOOM GTS radio  (Read 19953 times)

jskinner6483

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Limited
Re: '14-'18 Bikes can now be upgraded to the BOOM GTS radio
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2020, 09:51:45 AM »

I have a 2019 CVO Limited, just had SoundZ install four speakers, amp and DSP, installer said they do not have to flash my radio (2019 Limited comes with GTS and stage 1 with 1 amp and four speakers) I asked them I thought it needed flashed and they said not the CVO's ??
I have the same setup from Soundz except I went with 6 speakers, added 2 in the lower faring. With my 2018 and the old GT I would think I will have to get the bike flashed to run the GTS. thanks for the info.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2020, 10:18:57 AM »

I have a 2019 CVO Limited, just had SoundZ install four speakers, amp and DSP, installer said they do not have to flash my radio (2019 Limited comes with GTS and stage 1 with 1 amp and four speakers) I asked them I thought it needed flashed and they said not the CVO's ??

From an operational standpoint of the audio system, I can see that as possible. The output of the radio is still pre-amp. 

However, I would be interested to see if you now have error codes?  Your system is configured for and looking to communicate via CAN-bus with this amp. Or perhaps, the SoundZ amp integrates into the CAN-bus?

Run your error codes and let me know. Turn you radio on and as soon as the accepted button splashes, press and hold the mute soft button until the service menu opens. I believe that any errors will be listed under the DCT page.

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2020, 07:44:04 PM »

Hey Trigger

No protective screen comes with the GTS. They do say it is Gorilla Glass. Thanks for the heads up on the NuShield, I’m going to check it out.

I did not replace the the USB cable and CarPlay works. In fact CarPlay came up without a Mic attached or WHIM even before I had it flashed. It is my understanding that the GTS comes with the WHIM enabled and is why when I had it flashed I instructed them to keep the WHIM enabled.

I also installed the XM module from my 6.5 GT and the music works. Have yet to try the radar and traffic.

Which respect to the stereo, I went ahead and connect and operated the it. Just kept the volume at minimal level.

The radio will continuously beep until the unit is flashed.

The GPS will not operate until the unit is flashed/zoned. Be sure mention the GPS when you have it flashed, my shop over looked this.

No need to pull the faring to do the flash. Once they get on it and if familiar with the process takes less than 15 min. Dealer did even charge me.

Hope this helps...it is amazing how fast this radio boots up!

Cat
Received my new GTS but will wait to install when the new USB cable arrives. The installation instructions showed both a "Quick Start Guide" and an "Owners Manual" as "Service Parts". While the QSG was included, the Owners Manual wasn't >:(.
QUESTION: was the navigation mapping system preinstalled? If so, was it MY 2020? Did you need to do the thumbprint thing and download the latest map?
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2020, 08:02:18 PM »

Received my new GTS but will wait to install when the new USB cable arrives. The installation instructions showed both a "Quick Start Guide" and an "Owners Manual" as "Service Parts". While the QSG was included, the Owners Manual wasn't >:(.
QUESTION: was the navigation mapping system preinstalled? If so, was it MY 2020? Did you need to do the thumbprint thing and download the latest map?

Unit came with the map installed. Nor sure what version.

Also, just noticed that the right turn signal/back switch button that comes with the unit is not backlit capable.

If you want the switch to be backlit you will need to order #71500484

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2020, 08:23:34 PM »

Also, just noticed that the right turn signal/back switch button that comes with the unit is not backlit capable.

yeah, just installed my turn signal button and noticed the new one wasn’t translucent white inside. Thanks for the proper part number 😎!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2020, 01:53:50 PM »

Update: Purchased my GTS kit from Big Sky H-D and they've agreed to provide a hard copy Owner's Manual @no extra charge. Additionally, Cat Eye and I have each discovered that the updated right handle-bar switch button (turn signal + info) provided in the kit doesn't allow for back-lighting. As our CVO's have the illuminable buttons, purchased the illuminable version (71500484 @$14.20) which will ship with the manual. Regarding the allegedly "required" newer USB cable (for Apple Car-Play), Big Sky H-D says that's only needed if your bike didn't have a stereo radio installed?!?! As this kit is meant to replace/upgrade either a BOOM! 4.3 or 6.5 GT …….that "requirement" makes no sense! But it may explain why Car-Play worked for Cat Eye even though he didn't change out the USB cable.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2020, 06:29:33 PM »

Why in the heck do you need a new switch?

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2020, 07:39:01 PM »

Why in the heck do you need a new switch?

Sent from my boring Droid phone.
That button switch was apparently re-purposed. The GT uses that button for right turn signal/info. The GTS uses a different control for "info" and re-purposes that button for right turn signal/"back". Will install the GTS this coming week and regard the finished package as though I'd upgraded to my final scoot!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

CmeO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2020, 09:12:52 PM »

Fellas can I get the new gts radio head unit from a road glide and put it in the street glide ?

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2020, 02:33:44 PM »

Fellas can I get the new gts radio head unit from a road glide and put it in the street glide ?
Are the model years of the two bikes the same? The GTS came with '19+ bikes and you might have an issue if installing in a '14-'18 SG. If both bikes are the same model year, AFAIK the GTS head units are identical but have different part numbers (it may be that  the only difference is the USB cables used). The upgrade GTS kit H-D now offers is configured for older bikes and has an "A" at the end of the part number.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2020, 05:42:49 PM »

Just installed the GTS in my 16 SG. Wow, what an improvement. This thread is a god sin. I just ordered the back light switch.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2020, 07:37:51 PM »

It is my understanding that that as long as the lasted firmware M20.19.39 is installed prior to installing to a pre-19 bike you will be ok.

jskinner6483

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Limited
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2020, 12:52:38 PM »

Anyone know how the HD app on a iPhone will work when installing the GTS into a later model bike? (mine is going in a 2018 CVO)   I'm wondering if HD connect will work, if you can send maps from ride planner to the GTS via bluetooth?

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2020, 01:30:34 PM »

After installing the the GTS on my 15 SG the H-D ride planner app on my iPhone works seamlessly.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2020, 03:21:01 PM »

pretty sure the ride planner app will work just fine.  but 'hd connect' is only available on the 2020 bikes and requires additional hardware that the pre '20 bikes don't have.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 22 queries.