Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Best cam for stock 110" cam-only upgrade?  (Read 8578 times)

schok

• 2009 CVO
Re: Best cam for stock 110" cam-only upgrade?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2020, 04:02:08 PM »

I looked at this a few years ago and decided on a Crusher TC-24D. Bike ran so hot from the factory because it was leaned out for emissions. Also read on this site about factory lifter failure and sure enough, when I pulled it apart one lifter ball was pooched. New S&S lifters and adjustable push rods, changed cam and new Torrington cam bearings. I cut the cat. out of the exhaust, changed the breather base and added a Zipper filter and reprogrammed with a TTS Mastertune. I do not have dyno info but bike runs very strong through the whole range and stays cool like it should have from day one.

Good luck with your choice.
You can learn something new every day.........if you start off stupid enough!

plustiano

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE Ultra Violet Blue/Lava Orange
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2022, 11:49:45 AM »

Hey fellow CVO peeps! I know this is 2 yrs old, but I'm hoping there is more  opinions on this. I'm planning for my upgrade.

My bike 2015 FLHSXE w/ Fulsac DX headpipe and 2.25 cores and a TTS master tune is all I got on right now.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 12:08:46 PM by plustiano »

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2022, 09:38:58 AM »

Hey fellow CVO peeps! I know this is 2 yrs old, but I'm hoping there is more  opinions on this. I'm planning for my upgrade.

My bike 2015 FLHSXE w/ Fulsac DX headpipe and 2.25 cores and a TTS master tune is all I got on right now.

Felt the need to comment on this as I have the same set up as you (2010 FLHSXE w/ Fullsac DX headpipe and 2.25 cores, stock CVO AC and a TTS master tune). After an about a year of research and speaking w/ many tuners, I’ve decided to go with the set up below. I’m scheduled to get this completed at the end of Jan – I’ll comment back here with my results and how it pulls. My reason for this upgrade is while I’m replacing the lifters (I’m just under 20k) I might as well swap out the cams for a low/mid-range pull and do a stage 3 as well. No reason for me to do a stage 4 on this bike. Hoping for @ 130+TQ and @120HP (this is based on a chart seen on TTS's site) http://www.mastertune.net/products_camshafts.html

Stage 3 big bore cylinder/piston kit (110 to 117ci)
TTS 150 cams
55/58mm TB by HP Inc (Keep stock AC)
S&S lifters

-Joe
-Joe

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2022, 09:59:38 AM »

Felt the need to comment on this as I have the same set up as you (2010 FLHSXE w/ Fullsac DX headpipe and 2.25 cores, stock CVO AC and a TTS master tune). After an about a year of research and speaking w/ many tuners, I’ve decided to go with the set up below. I’m scheduled to get this completed at the end of Jan – I’ll comment back here with my results and how it pulls. My reason for this upgrade is while I’m replacing the lifters (I’m just under 20k) I might as well swap out the cams for a low/mid-range pull and do a stage 3 as well. No reason for me to do a stage 4 on this bike. Hoping for @ 130+TQ and @120HP (this is based on a chart seen on TTS's site) http://www.mastertune.net/products_camshafts.html

TTS 150 cams
S&S lifters

-Joe

I have the same setup except I used the 58mm SE throttle body. 119hp/135tq and all where I ride at, from 2k to 4.5k it runs strong. I very seldom see 5k. I split the cases and started with an S&S crank. I think you’ll like it. Good luck.
Wut the hell was that maneuver

plustiano

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE Ultra Violet Blue/Lava Orange
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2022, 02:46:34 PM »

I have the same setup except I used the 58mm SE throttle body. 119hp/135tq and all where I ride at, from 2k to 4.5k it runs strong. I very seldom see 5k. I split the cases and started with an S&S crank. I think you’ll like it. Good luck.

TTS 150 cams
S&S lifters

-Joe

Thanks for this. I've been also looking into the 117, but wasn't sure as far as price comparisons and best bang for the buck. Where did you get the 117 kits from? So far I've got most of the supporting mods, just need to send out my heads for some work and making a decision if I',m going to send my 110 jugs as well to make it 113 or do new 117 jugs.

Paul

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2022, 03:13:04 PM »

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing... looking forward to it.
-Joe

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2022, 03:19:02 PM »

Thanks for this. I've been also looking into the 117, but wasn't sure as far as price comparisons and best bang for the buck. Where did you get the 117 kits from? So far I've got most of the supporting mods, just need to send out my heads for some work and making a decision if I',m going to send my 110 jugs as well to make it 113 or do new 117 jugs.

Paul

Hey Paul - I'm having Corey w/ Doc's Performance in Minneola FL do the work. Anything more than a stage 1 is too much for me.

Suburban Harley has a few kits though https://suburbanharley.com/Parts-Catalog-Twin-Cam-Cylinder-Kits

I'm keeping my stock heads...
-Joe

joejoebobo

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2023, 04:23:43 PM »

Install complete:
TTS 150 cams
55/58mm TB by HP Inc (Kept stock AC)
S&S lifters
*on top of*
Fullsac Header w/ 2.25" baffles

I have to say I'm pretty happy with how it feels. So much more throttle response - don't think I'll ever need any more power than this. Final numbers came out at 132TQ/ 113HP. I was hoping for a little more HP, but that could have been the AC (not using a full 58mm TB with HD's HB). I was advised that what I had was more than enough air anyway. idle sounds the same but maybe a little more volume when accelerating. I've found that I can stay in 5th a little longer... no need to drop to 4th when passing someone. Super stoked with how it turned out.
-Joe
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.