Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hazed and Confused  (Read 3035 times)

SouthwestCVO

• CA

Hazed and Confused
« on: February 23, 2021, 07:06:10 PM »

Anyone know how to get rid of the haze on some of my black painted parts? As you can see in the photo, there's a white haze on the rocker cover. In comparison, look at the intake which is shinny black and no haze. It seems to wipe off but almost immediately comes back.

My bike is new if that's any help. Might it eventually burn off? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Hazed and Confused
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 07:59:18 PM »

Without knowing what "it' is it's difficult to say.  If the bike is new, however, make the dealer note it BEFORE you do anything yourself.  If you make some valiant attempt at correction and ending making something worse than better the dealer will (rightly) tell you it's your fault if you've not given them the opportunity to correct the imperfection.

USA88

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 08:07:09 PM »

I have gotten this on all 3 of my bikes. Wipe off, used different no water detailers.
I thought at first the heat made the black paint fade. I just use a really good wax on all of these black painted parts. Looks good for a few rides and back to the haze. 🤷‍♂️

SouthwestCVO

• CA

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 08:46:15 PM »

I have gotten this on all 3 of my bikes. Wipe off, used different no water detailers.
I thought at first the heat made the black paint fade. I just use a really good wax on all of these black painted parts. Looks good for a few rides and back to the haze.
Interesting. It wipes off to a shine but always comes back. I'll try to throw some wax on them. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 08:47:37 PM »

Wax is really not the trick due to heat, it fails almost instantly during heat cycle of engine and depending on brand and composition could leave some nasty residue/streaking. Be sure and show it to the dealer before you do anything or whatever the result it is going to be your "Fault" it looks that way.
Were it mine, I would show it to the dealer and let them give me an uneducated opinion, then I would clean it with a mixture of water & isopropyl alcohol then coat it with CarPro Dlux Ceramic. This is a ceramic coating for wheels/brake calipers and other heat producing parts. But that is just me.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 11:02:27 AM »

my 13 had about three different shades of black on the motor, never was able to keep it from hazing and some places had whitish spots. traded it off and now have chrome, lot easier to keep clean   
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

TimP

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 08:56:23 PM »

My 2019 CVO RG had a similar haze. I thought it was heat related and I would have to live with it. The first time I waxed the bike with Royal Blue Wax it removed the haze and it has not returned. The rocker covers look as black as the other painted covers on the bike.

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 11:59:12 AM »

fastfreddy...X2!

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 21 queries.