Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How To Get Better Fuel Mileage?  (Read 653 times)

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
How To Get Better Fuel Mileage?
« on: January 08, 2023, 02:11:34 PM »

My bike is a 2015 Limited. I'm going to replace the lifters and cam bearings do to mileage, no noise at this time, but just wondering if a different set of cams can help to gain better mileage.
Engine is stock, about 22,000 +  miles on it, Always been in the 38 mpg range but understandably drops about 5 mpg when pulling the trailer, averaging about 32 mpg.
 We're going to Nashville this year pulling the trailer and did a rough est of fuel cost and thought if I spent some money towards cams and tuning if I could get back into the 40 mpg range.
Any thoughts on this idea?
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: How To Get Better Fuel Mileage?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 05:09:58 PM »

My bike is a 2015 Limited. I'm going to replace the lifters and cam bearings do to mileage, no noise at this time, but just wondering if a different set of cams can help to gain better mileage.
Engine is stock, about 22,000 +  miles on it, Always been in the 38 mpg range but understandably drops about 5 mpg when pulling the trailer, averaging about 32 mpg.
 We're going to Nashville this year pulling the trailer and did a rough est of fuel cost and thought if I spent some money towards cams and tuning if I could get back into the 40 mpg range.
Any thoughts on this idea?

My 2010 limited, 2 up, pulling a trailer (450 lbs) got between 36-44 depending on flat vs mountains.
Changes were Fullsac cvo muffler cores, SE air cleaner, small bump in compression, Andrews 54 cams and, a FULL dyno tune.
HOGMIKE

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.