Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another exhaust topic, but with a little twist  (Read 1810 times)

DDCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

Another exhaust topic, but with a little twist
« on: May 14, 2023, 03:58:41 AM »

Hi all,

Saturday is #newbikeday ! Can’t wait 😝

Bike will be a zero-mile 2022 CVO Street Glide in Blue Steel. So with the scorched chrome.
I come from a 2018 RK Classic with Street Cannons with the baffles (the shorter cones) removed, so I’ll probably will want something louder than stock.
Not even sure though, never heard the bike running.

But there are a few things to consider:
1. I’m in Belgium and not all the fine US goodies are available here.
2. I’m wondering if there’s a difference in the exhaust system between the US and Belgium (1HD vs 5HD). From my RK I think recalling something like some bikes have cats in the headers, and others in the mufflers, and one system not fitting onto the other. but that could also have been about  the SE headers and mufflers.
3. I would prefer something that is reversible. Since this year, when you sell your bike in Belgium, it has to pass a check. And one of the things they check is exhaust.
4. I would like to keep my stock heat shields in scorched chrome on the bike
5. Just bought an expensive bike (cvo’s are 50k USD at current course here). So I would prefer not to break the bank on the exhaust.

So I’ve red a lot and came to a short list:
1. Tab performance 4.5 BAM with zombie baffles. I read in the comments of a YT video that the stock heat shields fit on these. Problem is that there are no EU resellers for this, so I’ll have to pay quite a lot for shipping and customs.

2. Fullsac: never heard of it before, but consensus seems to be that they work great in this case.
Problem with these is that I will be altering my stock mufflers. I read everywhere how easy it is to replace the stock cores by Fullsac, but could not find the other way around. Is this reversible? Not sure about the screw that holds the cores in place being allowed by the law here.
Same issue, no EU resellers, but lower value so lower customs and vat.
Ideal would be to score a set of second hand cvo mufflers and do the fullsac on these and keep my stocks for later.
I see a lot of used cvo mufflers on ebay (take-offs?) but all in the us. Nobody is selling any cvo mufflers here (lot less cvo’s here off course).

Any EU riders here? What did you do?
Any other options I did not thought of?

✌️ride safe

bobbym

• Full CVO Member
Re: Another exhaust topic, but with a little twist
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 05:57:12 AM »

Congratulations on new bike! I don’t know about the laws in Belgium, but I have done two systems on my cvo with black chrome . I did the Fullsac head pipe and sent my exhaust to be recored. The second system was khrome werks two into two with the eclipse ( black chrome) heat shields.I think if you are concerned about keeping a stock set you would be better off with the new system at the end of the day price is gonna be around the same money with shipping your pipes and buying new head pipe! Around 2000 .
They both sounded great I prefer the krome werks the sound is great with louvered baffles!
Good luck safe riding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DDCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 07:16:48 AM »

Congratulations on new bike! I don’t know about the laws in Belgium, but I have done two systems on my cvo with black chrome . I did the Fullsac head pipe and sent my exhaust to be recored. The second system was khrome werks two into two with the eclipse ( black chrome) heat shields.I think if you are concerned about keeping a stock set you would be better off with the new system at the end of the day price is gonna be around the same money with shipping your pipes and buying new head pipe! Around 2000 .
They both sounded great I prefer the krome werks the sound is great with louvered baffles!
Good luck safe riding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey,

I was planning on spending way less. Fullsac is 300 if I recall correctly, Tab Performance around 650.
I don't want to do the headpipe, only the mufflers.

If I spend that kind of money, I would go for Jeckyl & Hide which is homologated here in Europe.

GKroadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: CVO Road King 2014 (FLHRSE6) sold
    • CVO2: CVO Street Glide 2021 (FLHXSE)
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 07:19:35 AM »

Congrats to your new CVO.

I don't know the rules for exhaust systems in Belgium, but I can warmly recommend this manufacturer (European compliant).

https://www.jekillandhyde.com/en

In Germany very often installed on Haley's. I drive a system myself and am very satisfied. Due to the legal electronic control, the exhaust is usually 99% open and only regulates the system quieter in the legal measuring range.

Have fun with your new ride.
CVO Street Glide 2021
FLHXSE
Sunset Orange & Sunset Black Fade
Jekill & Hyde Exhaust
http://jekillandhyde.com/en_US/our-technique
131cui

DDCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2023, 07:40:53 AM »

Congrats to your new CVO.

I don't know the rules for exhaust systems in Belgium, but I can warmly recommend this manufacturer (European compliant).

https://www.jekillandhyde.com/en

In Germany very often installed on Haley's. I drive a system myself and am very satisfied. Due to the legal electronic control, the exhaust is usually 99% open and only regulates the system quieter in the legal measuring range.

Have fun with your new ride.
That's indeed the other oprion. But not sure I can fit the heat shields on the Jeckyl&Hyde mufflers.
Those are only mufflers, right?
If I go that route, I'm again 3k lighter :D
I think their pricing is prohibitive btw
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 07:44:34 AM by DDCVO »

GKroadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: CVO Road King 2014 (FLHRSE6) sold
    • CVO2: CVO Street Glide 2021 (FLHXSE)
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2023, 05:44:45 AM »

That's indeed the other option. But not sure I can fit the heat shields on the Jeckyl&Hyde mufflers.
Those are only mufflers, right?
If I go that route, I'm again 3k lighter :D
I think their pricing is prohibitive btw

Yes, they are pricey  :drink: but they are worth it  ;D

The heat shields will fit and the original end caps can also be used.

I think you'll find the right one  8)
CVO Street Glide 2021
FLHXSE
Sunset Orange & Sunset Black Fade
Jekill & Hyde Exhaust
http://jekillandhyde.com/en_US/our-technique
131cui

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 22 queries.