Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: exhausting search  (Read 21898 times)

Robin-99FXR3

• Robin
  • FXR3 in current form w/Kerker/HD exhaust

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue
exhausting search
« on: September 04, 2007, 06:37:37 PM »

I've posted this picture in Intake/Exhaust/ECM but no bites. Maybe you FXR people will have some answers.
This picture is a friend of mine posing with his brand new 1987-1/2 FXR. Notice the 2-2 exhaust? I really would like a set if I could find them.
  I don't have all the numbers but I don't think that matters. Glendale Harley in So-Cal told me the part number I gave them is "no good". It was #60212-86. They have a badge on the top muffler that reads "Harley Davidson by Kerker". I found a set of beat up mufflers on ebay but I'm really after the whole system. Hopefully someone remembers these,  they weren't that rare, at least 2 of my buddies had them on they're brand new FXR's around that time. Any hints on looking for them would be appreciated.  I did take one of our members advice to another member with an FXR question and phoned;
Frank @ RPM Cycle
436 W 8th St
National City, CA 91950 Map
(619) 474-8451
 The member suggested Frank was an FXR freak and after talking to him it believe it. He says he owns 5 and right now he's in the middle of putting a 124" Zipper twin cam in an FXR! Gotta see that....anyhow he wasn't able to come up with an exhaust but he's put me on to a guy at RB Racing.com. Doesn't sound like an "old FXR guy" but might be worth a look. You don't know until you ask..........
P.S. As a new member I'd like to thank all those who've greeted me into the fold seems like a really friendly group.

RedFXR2

Re: exhausting search
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 07:37:20 PM »

Believe it or not, last Spring there was a used FXR2 at the local dealer with those same pipes on it.  Gone now, though.

I've seen them on ebay every so often so keep looking there.

I also think they were still listed as available from Kerker as recently as about a year ago--that's when I was last shopping for pipes and *I think* that I remember seeing them.  I wasn't really trying to make a note of it, though.  Point is, that some dealer or shop or distributor out there somewhere probably has a set sitting on their shelf--I bet it will be on ebay one of these days.

Have you checked the big catalogs:  J&P, Drag and Custom Chrome?  Maybe even Dennis Kirk. Beat the heck out of the web. 

RB racing sells some impressive 2-1 systems.  Very different from the Kerker you're pursuing.  But If I ever decide to go to a 2-1, the RB pipes would be my first choice.  But....working on other projects right now so pipes will have to wait.  Besides, the Vance and Hines pipes I just got are still quite new. :D

Welcome to the forum.  You have an example of the rarest CVO bike ever produced.  Nice.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 08:25:31 PM »

Have you tried looking at Supertrapp? It is my understanding that they bought out Kerker in 1991. I know they still carry some of the Screamin' Eagle mufflers that the MoCo no longer carry under the Supertrapp name.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Robin-99FXR3

• Robin

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 08:35:13 PM »

Thanks for the reply. I've spent quite a few hours looking on the web but I won't give up. I actually emailed customer service at Kerker twice, left a detailed message with pictures and phoned twice.  It was three days after my last attempt at contact with that a guy phoned me and basically said "I'm so and so from Kerker what do you want?" Well I had to go through the story again and then he said in so many words (and he sounded annoyed) "what do you want from us? you're talking about 20 year old technology?" I wasn't impressed......obviously a guy who didn't appreciate a past, and possibly future customer asking questions about a product he's paid to sell! Hey I've had bad days at work too. I'll definitely check out the leads you've mentioned. The bike below was a custom I (and some talented friends) built from scratch notice the Kerker mufflers.Thanks again for the help!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 09:15:04 PM »

I've posted this picture in Intake/Exhaust/ECM but no bites. Maybe you FXR people will have some answers.
This picture is a friend of mine posing with his brand new 1987-1/2 FXR. Notice the 2-2 exhaust? I really would like a set if I could find them.
  I don't have all the numbers but I don't think that matters. Glendale Harley in So-Cal told me the part number I gave them is "no good". It was #60212-86. They have a badge on the top muffler that reads "Harley Davidson by Kerker". I found a set of beat up mufflers on ebay but I'm really after the whole system. Hopefully someone remembers these,  they weren't that rare, at least 2 of my buddies had them on they're brand new FXR's around that time. Any hints on looking for them would be appreciated.  I did take one of our members advice to another member with an FXR question and phoned;
Frank @ RPM Cycle
436 W 8th St
National City, CA 91950 Map
(619) 474-8451
 The member suggested Frank was an FXR freak and after talking to him it believe it. He says he owns 5 and right now he's in the middle of putting a 124" Zipper twin cam in an FXR! Gotta see that....anyhow he wasn't able to come up with an exhaust but he's put me on to a guy at RB Racing.com. Doesn't sound like an "old FXR guy" but might be worth a look. You don't know until you ask..........
P.S. As a new member I'd like to thank all those who've greeted me into the fold seems like a really friendly group.

Try part number 65212-86.  When I plug that one in at Surdyke H-D, it pops up as an FXR Kerker exhaust with a price listed.  Give them a call and see if it's for real.
http://www.surdykeharley.com/Default.asp

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Robin-99FXR3

• Robin

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 10:20:51 PM »

GRC great lead! Thanks! How did you know about them?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 10:23:44 PM »

GRC great lead! Thanks! How did you know about them?

He's the site Wizard! ;)

Welcome aboard Robin. Great ride you got man! Good luck finding you pipes and enjoy the site! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Robin-99FXR3

• Robin

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 09:25:56 AM »

Well this was disappointing but I'm not giving up yet,

65212-86 is no longer available. Obsolete. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please let us know if you require further assistance.
support@surdyke.com

I did look into RB Racings web site and although and looked into there pipes and "philosophy" behind them.  Interesting. Anyone have any experience with there products?

RedFXR2

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »

Now that you have a valid HD part number, go to a dealer and get them to do a dealer search for that part.  They can check every HD dealer to see if any have it in stock.  I have found several FXR2 parts that were officially "discontinued" or "obsolete" this way.  Your local dealer can have the part shipped to them no charge.

About Surdyke, I have bought a bunch of stuff from them because of their discount prices. I have some stuff on the way right now.  But they won't pursue something that's obsolete or discontinued, which is what I was talking about in my first paragraph.  You might be pleasantly surprised--take that number to your local dealer and have them check the other dealers.

[edit]   I just called my local dealer and had them look it up--according to them, that part is nowhere to be found among the dealers.  Then again, you're in Canada and my guys were probably looking at dealers in the US (my guess).  Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to get your local shop up there to do a dealer search in Canada for that part number.  At least you'd be eliminating that possibility.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 10:12:27 AM by RedFXR2 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 09:54:49 AM »

...or try Chicago Harley--it's in their database, anyway.

http://chicagoharley.com/shop/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=65212-86&x=25&y=14

Robin-99FXR3

• Robin

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 10:52:55 AM »

Thanks again! I was thinking of trying Glendale HD in Socal but it seems you've already done a US search I'll try Steve Drane HD in Victoria BC on Vancouver Island, they no doubt will be able to cover the Canadian side of the network.Great help you guys really appreciate it!!!

RedFXR2

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 11:03:20 AM »

Robin:  I just went one click deeper at Chicago Harley (link above) and notice the note they have at "add to cart" page:

http://chicagoharley.com/shop/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=65212-86&x=25&y=14

65212-86B  [65212-86B]  Retail Price: $347.95
 Our Price: $278.36

FXR SPORT EXHAUST SYSTEM D

This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 30 January, 2007.

It would seem that if they just added the part to their catalog at the beginniing of this year, that they might have one there.  Might be worth a phone call, anyway.

Robin-99FXR3

• Robin

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 11:06:38 AM »

WOW I'M ON IT THANKS!!! I'll let you know how I made out .

Robin-99FXR3

• Robin

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 11:32:32 AM »

Well after a few phone calls the internet sales guy told me that the "added to our catalogue  Jan 07" means that, that was when they updated their prices and it did that to all valid HD part numbers even obsolete ones. He says deleting those obsolete numbers are something they do as they come up. He says there's like 150000 numbers to sift through..... got to go to work now Thanks again!

Robin-99FXR3

• Robin

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 03:35:46 PM »

Well I just had the parts guy at Steve Drane HD in Victoria run those numbers and tell me they are no good in Canada.......does that mean NO dealers have one on there shelves?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.