Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: How Did You Get your CVO?  (Read 36261 times)

06cuse

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 01 FXDWG2 Traded to FlaHeatWave
    • CVO2: 06 FLTHCUSE 93k & Traded on a 10 FLHTK 73k traded on a Skunk
    • CVO3: 12 FLTRXSE Rollin Hard
How Did You Get your CVO?
« on: December 23, 2007, 11:34:35 PM »

How did you get your CVO?  Everybody has a story - Tell it!  Here's Mine - So 00 Rolls around - Never had a new HD so it is about time - Thanks to the internet I could shop all the bikes at all the dealers - & I did.  Settled on the FXDWG2 (MARINE CORPS colors).  Yes I got out as a Sgt in 86 - start calling dealers From Florida to Rhode Island to Texas - to my surprise these things are really kind of difficult to get.  Walk in my local HD store - the guy had a deposit on the one coming in and decided to spend his money on chrome on his current scoot.  So it was mine - the second was a bit different - one of my ridin buddies had the 05 - used to let me use it to ride my ol around - so I did not kill her on my drag bikes.  I really enjoyed it (scary thought we are growin older) so another friend of mine gets the 06 FLHTCUSE in autumn haze - brought it by to show it off after almost backing out at the HD showroom (Big jump in price from his 76 Superglide which he still rides & covets) his OL had to make him buy it (how lucky can a guy get!).  He has less than 10 miles on this thing - I asked him if I could run it up the street - "Ya Man Go Ahead 8)" he said.  I ran about 2 blocks and was hooked - except for the autumn haze.  But I had a stable of six or so at the time and was not really interested in another (domestic troubles - she thought I had to many already).  About a week later the local HD dealer gives me a call - Got an autumn haze comin - "You Want It?" he asks.  My response, "I don't know how the f___ i'm going to pay for it but I definitely want it".  So,  I had my heart set on black - but got the autumn haze - and I am happy I did - now it is my favorite of the three for that year.  No other bikes in the stable anymore :-\; just the FHHTCUSE ;D Great Bike - plan on doin 200k on it then I will worry about a new one.  Moral of the story NEVER give your phone number to the local Harley Dealership - I did not even approach them about; but I'm glad they called. :coolblue:
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PV w A/T Pro~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan, Hayden M6.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: How Did You Get your CVO?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 07:21:12 AM »

Started paying attention to the CVO lineup when the B/O SERG came out. At the time I had a Fatboy and wasn't really ready (I thought) to go to a dresser. Of course when I thought I was there were none to be had. In 2003 a friend of mine purchased a '03 SERK and let me take it for a ride. When I came back he knew he had me as I had a smile on my face bigger then anyone had ever seen before. Just so happened this was late in the model year and again there were no '03's to be had so while talking to one of the sales people at dealership they showed me the brochure for the '04 SEEG. That was all it took I saw that the MoCo was coming back out w/the traditional Harley colors (O/B) and had to have it. Within a month after that I had sold my Fatboy and started the long wait for my O/B SEEG. I didn't know at the time that all the B/B SEEG were being built before the O/B so I was in for a long wait (9 months) to get my bike. My bike arrived at the end of June, and July 1, 2004 I picked it up. Everytime I ride it I get the smile back on my face just like the time I rode my friends '03 SERK. :vrolijk_4:

06cuse I see you mentioned you were in the Marine Corps so was I ('75 - '78). Semper Fi!!

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 07:23:46 AM »

If I had to work that hard I likely wouldn't have one.....  Here's mine....

Loved the 06 SEUC when they came out, couldn't swing it....  Did a little number crunching and figured I had a good finance plan if they did the Ultra again.  Saw the 07 SEUC on the web and fell in love instantly.  Stopped at the local dealer Christmas time last year and the SM was having a smoke outside and I asked him if he had any SE Ultras on the floor.  he did, one.  It was the smurf.  I told him it was beautiful but I'd really like to see the red one.  He said he had one coming in next week.  I told him I wanted right of first refusal on it.  he agreed.  I got a call the following week, saw it the next day in the prep area, gave him $500 down while I worked out some financing and had it a couple weeks later.  It never even made it to the showroom.  I saw it as fate and something I HAD to have.   The urge was powerful and I have to say it was most definately "If I had to explain it you wouldn't understand"
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 07:30:15 AM »

I got mine as my 20th Anniversary present.

My story ..............  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=11688.msg182827#msg182827

« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 08:04:15 AM by Mrs.WeCVO »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 08:17:38 AM »

After a number of rigids and swingarms all through the 70s, I went from a stroker Heritage to an 89 Ultra Classic, to an 02 Ultra Classic which I rode to Milwaukee's 100th.  I already had a deposit on the orange and black SEEG.  But when I got to Milwaukee and saw the blue and black I immediatly called the dealership.

I was told, "well then you can get it even faster......cause they're painting all the blue and black first".  I was all for that!  The rest is history.  I think this is about the longest that I've owned a bike without at least picking up a second or third.  Haven't saw anything else that turns my crank.......when you're on the top of the heap everything else is back down. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

atlasfields

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2- In red of course!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 08:23:36 AM »

Wanted an 07 Springer, but the color combo I wanted was sold out.  When the pictures of the 08 CVO line up came out and I saw the red Dyna, something screamed "Buy that one!"

Called the dealer and said "if you don't have one, get me one."  It arrived two days later.

Sheer bliss ever since.  Btw, wife bought it for my 40th b-day.  How cool is that?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely, in a pretty and well perserved body.
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming; "Wow... That was one hell of a ride!" ~ Unknown

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 08:37:34 AM »

Never thought about a CVO, I ordered a Street Glide in the fall of 2005 and was making a list of all the stuff I wanted to do to it ($$$) when I heard about a 2004 O/B for sale locally.  This gentlemen bought the bike new and didn't get to ride it much after his wife's cancer came back.  He needed the money for her care.  Bike had 1,900 miles on it and was all stock except pipes.  Made arrangements to see the bike that weekend.  I thought I preferred the B/B, but when I saw the O/B in the bright sunlight that day I had to have it and bought it on the spot.  Picked it up two years ago today (12/24/05).

The story also has a happy ending for the seller, his wife is doing fine (cancer in remission) and he is looking to buy another bike!  I think about them whenever I ride and am glad I was able to help in some small way.  

Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year to all members and their familiies on this great site.  
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

hogasm

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 09:26:58 AM »

Kathy and I already had plans to go to Milwaukee for the 100th. We already knew that they were unveiling the SE lineup for 2004. When we started looking at the O&B I really didn't like it. Personal preference. We actually started to walk away from the lineup. A friend of wurs started yelling for me to come back and look at this other bike that we never saw. It was the B&B. Fell in lust at first sight. Before even sitting on it I was making calls to Dealers in NC to have one put on hold.
New Bern HD said that they would give me first pick when they came in. One day while heading to our house in Atlantic Beach I noticed a B&B outside of the dealership. Into the shop I went, yelling my new scoot is in :2vrolijk_21: Well to my suprise the owner comes out and calmly explains that his wife sold that bike and it is the only B&B that they are getting in, and that when the O&B come in I can have that one. Calmly with my voice not over 200db, I informed him to try to trade another dealer the O&B for a B&B. The salesman instantly went on the phone and found another dealer that would trade. The salesman's last day was the day I picked up the B&B. He felt so bad for how the owners wife handled the situation, that he sold me the B&B for $1500 under MSRP. He said what are they going to do, fire him :nixweiss:So in February  less than a week before Daytona bike week I picked her up, rode her to bike week and ended up putting her in the trailer....because of an oil leak....in Charleston SC. The beginning of my love-hate relationship with Bessie,as I call her.
Still wouldn't trade her for the world.... :coolblue: well not a 110 :nervous:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 10:38:36 AM »

My first personal introduction to the CVO bikes were with the SERGs.  Saw the black and greys and the two tone reds and was seriously seriously interested.  That interest came with only knowing they were somewhat unique and handled a little differently.  Heard the term CVO without really yet knowing what it was.  Suppose I really thought "Screamin' Eagle" bike was just badging and marketing.

Looked hard at those Road Glides but never pulled the trigger.  Was on Road Kings then and had just gotten a new one so it was hard to justify trading it for a different new bike when the first interest in the Road Glides really hit me hard.  But the SERGs looked so good.

That passed.  Really liked that particular Road King.  Over time it became a very very nice bike that had been all over the country.  Just assumed I'd be hanging on to it for a long time.  Loved that bike in every way.  Then saw a red SEEG.  Fell in lust.  Was on the phone the morning after the evening I saw the SEEG.  Local dealership had one coming in within 6-8 weeks.  No name on it yet.  Put the deposit down and sold the Road King.  That evening found this site and stayed up all night reading.  Things haven't been the same since.

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 10:46:11 AM »

My first CVO was a easy one .I seen the candy red sitting in a dealership close to the house and thought the was a really awsome bike.Went home and sold wife on the idea of a bike with all the chrome you'd want on a bike (LOL)instead of buyying chrome every week .The next week my dealer called and said he had one comming. I rode that one 25,000 miles.                                                 MY second CVO was a hard sell . The black motor,6speed,110 motor(when i thought it would be like my other harley motors)and the Harley colors Orange and Black  were the selling points for me but the wife was sold on colors,if if it weren't cool colors wife wouldn't liked sale. I seen the 07's first day on webb and was  first on  list at local for a 07 and when i seen the orange and black ,6 speed,black motor,and 110 motor .I took my deposit to my dealer and asked for a orange and black on that sat. The dealers son said they had a red and black comming and it was mine if i wanted it.To make a long story short the dealer i had bought 3 bikes in 3 yrs didn't care if i got color i wanted.So the next dealer closest to the house had one comming my colors and made me same deal on money that my dealer would. The part the new dealer didn't get is that SE owners are sold tell them how much and when can i pick it up! So after messing me around on the when,mine came in 3days before sturgis and a quick break in ,i have found why some of our CVO riders still riding some older bikes.I have found my keeper!  thanks for all of you for sharing my pleasure,passion and enjoyment! may we all have many more years sharing on this webb site and ridding. happy holidays jdo

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 11:22:34 AM »

SERK+Black+110"+6-Speed+Wide Rear Tire=Gotta have it! So I finally got a CVO cause they made one for me! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

06cuse

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 11:31:21 AM »

Started paying attention to the CVO lineup when the B/O SERG came out. At the time I had a Fatboy and wasn't really ready (I thought) to go to a dresser. Of course when I thought I was there were none to be had. In 2003 a friend of mine purchased a '03 SERK and let me take it for a ride. When I came back he knew he had me as I had a smile on my face bigger then anyone had ever seen before. Just so happened this was late in the model year and again there were no '03's to be had so while talking to one of the sales people at dealership they showed me the brochure for the '04 SEEG. That was all it took I saw that the MoCo was coming back out w/the traditional Harley colors (O/B) and had to have it. Within a month after that I had sold my Fatboy and started the long wait for my O/B SEEG. I didn't know at the time that all the B/B SEEG were being built before the O/B so I was in for a long wait (9 months) to get my bike. My bike arrived at the end of June, and July 1, 2004 I picked it up. Everytime I ride it I get the smile back on my face just like the time I rode my friends '03 SERK. :vrolijk_4:

06cuse I see you mentioned you were in the Marine Corps so was I ('75 - '78). Semper Fi!!

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Semper Fi - Got a son who is a Sergeant also - he is the crew chief on an Osprey - out in Amaraillo at the Bell facility.
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PV w A/T Pro~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan, Hayden M6.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 11:36:44 AM »

It was love at first sight. The second I saw the 05 SEEG Teal, I had to have it but could not find one at a decent number. While looking I found a couple of  :bananarock: and kept going back to them. I did keep saying to myself "that's a whole lot of yellow" and walked away scratching my head. Finally got drunk and bought "the whole lot of yellow" and have been thrilled ever since. I owe it all to Jack Daniels. ;D

PS. I still think the Teal is the best looking but I love my  :bananarock:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 12:38:20 PM by MJZ »

drogers

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 11:52:38 AM »

Never considered a Harley of any kind in 35 years of riding till........... I tagged along with a buddy of mine to the Harley shop to kill some time about 3 weeks ago. That's when I spotted a '08 CVO Springer on a display platform. I went home that night and couldn't stop thinking about it.Went back the next day and bought it. Now you can't get me off the thing. :2vrolijk_21:

06cuse

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 12:20:22 PM »

It was love at first sight. The second I saw the 05 SEEG Teal, I had to have it but could not find one at a decent number. While looking I found a couple of  :bananarock: and kept going back to them. I did keep saying to myself "that's a whole lot of yellow" and walked away scratching my head. Finally got drunk and bought "the whole lot of yellow" and have been thrilled ever since. I owe it all to Jack Daniels. ;D
We definitely have got to do some riding - Germantown is just a couple of jacks away!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Page created in 0.77 seconds with 21 queries.