Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Exhaust  (Read 14831 times)

abnrdo

• Brothers, to arms!!!
Exhaust
« on: July 18, 2005, 09:11:33 PM »

Just wondering what everyone is running on their FXR.  I havent even gotten the darn thing yet, and I know that the stock system will not be loud enough.  I am looking for the deepest tone.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim

hatchetjak

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 09:50:48 PM »

If you can find some original Screamin Eagle slip ons, they are hard to beat. The newer SE II's are not as loud. I had some old SE slip ons but they were damaged, and I replaced them with Cycle Shack slip ons. I think they are real close to the original SE mufflers in tone and loudness for half the price.

abnrdo

• Brothers, to arms!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 11:03:09 PM »

Well, as the storey goes, I went with the Vance and Hines Straight Shots.  I really like the look and I have seen a few FXRs with them.  I dont know how they will sound, but I do know they are very popular here in Kansas City.  Seems everyone has V&H pipes!
I will send pics soon..the dealer wont be done until Tuesday.  

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
  • Green Bikes = Bad Luck? Give 'Em All To Me!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FXR3
    • Neanderpaul Dot Com
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 10:49:11 AM »

I run staggered Straight Shots on mine, with an outside-in slash cut.

They pop nice when you open it up, and chug quietly when riding near Johnny Law.

And they set off car alarms in ritzy neighborhoods.

That should be a sales slogan :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 08:22:35 PM by neanderpaul »
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 10:16:43 PM »

I run staggered Straight Shots on mine, with an outside-in slash cut.

They pop nice when you open it up, and chug quietly when riding near Johnny Law.

And they set off car alarms in ritzy neighborhoods.

That should be a sales slogan :)

I like it...Call the Patent Office!!

fxr4

• ride it like you stole it
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 09:36:55 PM »

I have Sampson rip saws on mine. I like the look but they are loud to say the least. Had a V/H 2 into 1 pro pipe prior to this. More horsepower with the pro pipe but I like the looks of the Sampsons better.

RedFXR2

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 09:41:32 PM »

I use Khromewerks AR staggered duals with tapered mufflers to keep the stock FXR look, right down to the kicked-up front pipe at the footpeg, but minus the crossover pipe.  I'm pleased with the look and sound.  They have welded-in baffles.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 03:13:16 PM by RedFXR2 »

FXR4INCA

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 09:25:50 AM »

I have sampson pipes, and I like them but they are too loud.

anubis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 02:13:53 PM »

I have Vance and Hines Short Shots on my 99 FXR3. They have the slash cut tips, get lots of comments, and set off car alarms.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 09:20:51 PM »

I always thought that Pythons were the best for FXR's  Great looks, great sound and good performance across the RPM range. Cycle Shack next- - - -Super value pipes.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »

PS
      SuperTrapp duals with all of the discs removed. Awesome sound and believe it or not good performance on an 80" motor with mid range cam and most HiPo carbs

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 02:06:26 PM »

I use Khromewerks AR staggered duals with tapered mufflers to keep the stock FXR look, right down to the kicked-up front pipe at the footpeg, but minus the crossover pipe.  I'm pleased with the look and sound.  They have welded-in baffles.

those pipes look good on your bike, but in your sig pic it looks like you are running V&H straight shots, is that right ?  why the change ?
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

RedFXR2

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 03:12:42 PM »

those pipes look good on your bike, but in your sig pic it looks like you are running V&H straight shots, is that right ?  why the change ?

Mikey, that post and picture was posted in August of 2005. :)   Taken earlier than that in NC.  A LOT has changed since then.

As much as I liked the Khrome Werks pipes for the reasons stated back then, I decided over time that I didn't like the scabbed-on look of the stock heat shields and did like the "straight" and smooth look of the Straight Shots pipes.  I initially wondered if the Straight Shots would be too loud but I ran into a FXR3 in the Keys with Straight Shots on it and after a listen was sold.  I think I've had the Straight Shots on for about 2 1/2 years now. I did have to feel around for a quieter baffle for them but I settled on V&H's own Quiet Baffle (#V21869).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 03:23:48 PM by RedFXR2 »

SEFXR4

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 10:13:28 PM »

I have an older set of SE slip on's my FXR4 and there great.Nice tone and when you crack the throttle the bark pretty good.
Good Luck

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 06:05:14 PM »

This is what I'm using on my BLUE 3! With heatshields! :2vrolijk_21:

Cheapest pipes and best power! How can you beat that? ;)

PHD-123 SS
MUFFLER PIPES FOR EVOLUTION FXR MODELS
MUFFLER PIPES FOR EVOLUTION FXR MODELS(1984-1994)
Cycle Shack's PHD-123 series 1-3/4" O.D. muffler pipes fit the 1984-1994 FXR-FXRS-FXRT-FXLR models with the rubben mount Evolution motor (including the 1984-later "Low Rider" and "Super Glide"). Available in three styles: 'SS'(Baloney Slice),'T'(Tapered), and 'TO'(Turnout). Features include one-piece construction, all-steel performance baffles and show-chrome. Designed to use O.E. muffler support tube with concealed mounts. O.E. head pipes clamps must be used with these pipes or warranty is void. Also available in Black Chrome.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.