Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seeg fuel line problems?  (Read 781 times)

jay

• Junior CVO Member
  • flhtcse b&b
Seeg fuel line problems?
« on: July 20, 2005, 10:10:13 PM »

My 'o4 SEEG started running rough at start up and at idle.  The prolem seemed to disappear at speed.  Turns out there was a pin hole in the fuel line inside the tank.  That messed up the fuel preasure enough to cause the rough start and idle.  This just a weird problem for me or has anyone else had the same?
'46 FL Knuckle with sidecar
'52 Hummer 125
'65 FLH Pan
'77 XLCR
'81 FLH Hetiage Special
'87 Hetiage Custom

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Seeg fuel line problems?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 08:01:16 AM »

My 'o4 SEEG started running rough at start up and at idle.  The prolem seemed to disappear at speed.  Turns out there was a pin hole in the fuel line inside the tank.  That messed up the fuel preasure enough to cause the rough start and idle.  This just a weird problem for me or has anyone else had the same?

Take a look at this thread  http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=fb_gen;action=display;num=1121374244  It concerns excessive pipe blueing, and one item found was a hole in the fuel line.  

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 11:10:40 AM »

Have had this same problem as well. Will check my fuel line and see if I have the same issue.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

Fla_Eagle

• My Harley Hot Rod
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 01:15:54 PM »

How would you go about checking for this problem?
Regards,Fla Eagle

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 01:20:29 PM »

I had a problem not with anything inside the tank but with the line from the tank to the EFI.  Line had collapsed inside and was causing the bike to occasionally cut out and sometimes even die.  Behavior was very intermittent.  Being intermittent and not something they could find just by plugging in diagnostic equipment and reading a meter the dealership of course coudln't find it.  But it was causing a significant problem til I got it fixed.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.