Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: PCH Highway1 is closed April/May 2011  (Read 3697 times)

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
Re: PCH Highway1 is closed April/May 2011
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 02:34:12 PM »

Landslides and detours sure don't seem to slow up you NoCal riders!!  :2vrolijk_21:
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »

Hwy. 1 has been falling off into the ocean for years.  The landslides happen fairly often but it's the big ones that hit the news.  Most of them only have the road closed from a few hours to just a few days.  This one looks to have the road closed for a few weeks.

The rugged coast of Calif. is what makes Hwy. 1 so desirable on a motorcycle.....incredable views. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RidinRuby

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SEUC Ruby Red
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 02:47:43 PM »

Who are you kidding Melanie.  They end up chasing you!

She can hang tough with the best of 'em  :2vrolijk_21:  ;)  :2vrolijk_21:

Just wouldn't be summer without a ride down the coast  :(
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:49:48 PM by RidinRuby »

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 08:20:38 PM »

That's when it gets fun for Roger and Chris. :2vrolijk_21:
Ha, hadn't thought of that  :2vrolijk_21: I know some of the dual sporters went down to ride over the slide but couldn't get around the baracades. Dang Caltrans, they take all the fun out of mud slides  ;)

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 08:38:33 PM »

I like how ice6900 snuck into town without telling any of the members. Treats us like we're the hillbilly cousins nobody likes to visit.  :o

Ice, you have some splainin to do!

It's not the landslide that's preventing us from riding down the coast it's the gas prices at Gorda Springs and especially Cambria.

It's okay though cause like it was rainin anyway dude and I'm not into getting my rims wet. Like the rides totally cool and all but I like my bike looking totally rad. And I heard it was freezin out, like below 58 degrees, you know what I'm sayin. Freeze your F..N balls off in that chit.

Ice hope you had a good ride.  :drink:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 03:06:40 AM by D31960 »
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 10:12:22 PM »

I like how ice6900 snuck into town without telling any of the members. Treats us like we're the hillbilly cousins nobody likes to visit.  :o

Ice, you have some splainin to do!

It's not the landslide that's preventing us from riding down the coast it's the gas prices at Gorda Springs and especially Cambria.

It's okay though cause like it was rainin anyway dude and I'm not into getting my rims wet. Like the rides totally cool and all but I like my bike looking totally rad. And I heard it was freezin out, like below 58 degrees, you know what I'm sayin. Freeze your F..N balls off in that chit.

Ice hope you had a good ride.  :drink:

Don's in rare form tonight... oh wait, that's normal for you right? :)

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 12:04:20 AM »

Your correct about the Gas prices in Gorda Springs, 5.79$

My sincere apologies to everybody for ridin in n out, without meet n greets. I will start a full report on my trip when I get back home at the weekend, we are near LAX now, have to take the bikes back early 2morr. We had only planned a brief outline of our route and let the weather and condition dictate route alterations, no motels pre-booked bla bla bla. While in LA and SF we lodged with two of my wifes friends. We had 2 change our return flight just b4 we left (cost an arm n a leg) departing from LA instead of SF which kinda turned any plans we on the head. Poor Marty 110mofo has been trying really hard to meet up but I havent been able to get my act together, right place wrong timing........So again Sorry to have missed you all!

the rain gauge on the bike has been on both ends of the scale while riding this week so its been very interesting, riding in gale force cross winds, rain, hail and snow in Utah was also an experience, full report to come

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 02:38:54 AM »

Ice,

People in NorCal are about to go nuts, frustrated that the wet, cold, and windy weather won't stay away.

This is not the norm for us and some of us have taken advantage of the past droughts by enjoying ourselves out-of-doors. Yes dammit we were spoiled.

I need to get up to Tahoe this week but not wanting to do it in the Suburban.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Sorry if my earlier comments made you feel guilty, my intention was to...... Well now that you feel guilty let's just leave it at that.  ::)

Hoping you salvaged something great out of the trip and have a nice trip back to Zurich.

Don
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 08:58:12 AM »

Hi Don, there was alot of snow up near Panguitch Utah, we got caught in a Hail storm riding in there, so if the Tahoe route is of the same elevation best of luck mate. We did our best to stay out of the rain,  Its raining down here now as we take the bikes back, so maybe they wont want to check my new bike. to carefully for scratchs lol

sgchick

• Sweeper
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 09:24:24 AM »

She can hang tough with the best of 'em  :2vrolijk_21:  ;)  :2vrolijk_21:

Just wouldn't be summer without a ride down the coast  :(
:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:Thanks Chris!!! So when we going? Guess we have to get some better weather! Is it summer yet?????

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 01:38:11 PM »

Me thinks that Greg K is doing his snow dance again.....another foot in Mammoth....please wait until next year Greg we are ready to ride up here!!!!!
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 01:50:55 PM »

Russ,

When you're right, you're right.  Had to miss the Buellton  ride for an opportunity to ski with my Father (Ssshhh, he's 83!).  Hard to turn down an opportunity like that! 

This is the top of Mammoth Mt.  where they still have 20 feet plus of snow and it's still snowing!   It could be a very cold summer!  At least I have on my "spring attire."   

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 23 queries.