Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: A few more tweaks . . .  (Read 3129 times)

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
A few more tweaks . . .
« on: March 08, 2013, 07:54:52 PM »

Relocated my license plate to a vertical mount attached via the axle (Cycle Visions) so it would allow me to add a solo bag.
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
Tweak 2
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 07:56:35 PM »

Which meant I had to relocate my safety sticker to the right side . . .
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

Tweak 3
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 07:57:54 PM »

I must be a chrome whore 'cause I added chrome inserts in the silver frame . . .

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

Tweak 4
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 07:59:19 PM »

Added the Daymaker LED head light from HD so little old ladies can see me . . .

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

Finally tweak 5
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 08:04:19 PM »

Added an LED strip across back fender.  Wanted to remove the stupid reflector but bending it downward served a function of keeping the LED strip in place since it is only held on via double sided tape.  The red is always on and the amber serves as an additional flashing turn signal along with the bullet tail lights.  When braking, both red and amber come one as pictured.  Just a few more mods and I am done!   ::)

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide
Re: A few more tweaks . . .
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 09:54:12 PM »

Thats a nice license plate bracket who makes it and can you mouny it horizontally?
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 10:03:04 PM »

Thats a nice license plate bracket who makes it and can you mouny it horizontally?
Check Cycle Visions.  I imagine they do have a horizontal placement.  It appears very well made!

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 12:10:38 AM »

Nice mods! Enjoy the ride.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 12:19:14 PM »

Can you give more details on the LED strip....that looks amazing!  And I can't believe it....but I'm going to buy those chrome frame inserts ASAP!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 09:53:57 PM »

Very sweet Speedy!

Love the LED strip......love it. 

I rarely if ever ride my bike after dark, so I don't need the daymaker light, but boy that thing puts out a beam doesn't it?

Also, what exhaust do you have on?  I thought I had seen them all....

Nice job, dude....
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 04:08:14 PM »

Hey Speedy, Just curious, Where did you run the wiring for the LED strip. I have the same one and was debating how to wire it. That was the
first thing I was going to do but didn't want to ruin anything. Thanks

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 05:21:12 AM »

Can you give more details on the LED strip....that looks amazing!  And I can't believe it....but I'm going to buy those chrome frame inserts ASAP!
Can't give specifics about the LED strip cause I just went to my Harley parts guy who looked it up in the vendor catalog.  It should have been a Custom Dynamics product.  Check out their website.  With the lights in place, the stupid reflector almost looks like it belongs there and the light from the LED's seem to illuminate it as well.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 05:25:25 AM »

Very sweet Speedy!

Love the LED strip......love it. 

I rarely if ever ride my bike after dark, so I don't need the daymaker light, but boy that thing puts out a beam doesn't it?

Also, what exhaust do you have on?  I thought I had seen them all....

Nice job, dude....
It's the Vance and Hines Big Radius 2:1.  Its the one made for the Rocker with O2 sensor adaptor.  Fits Perfectly!  A little quieter than my prior Big Shots Long but supposedly, a bit more torque.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 05:29:03 AM »

Hey Speedy, Just curious, Where did you run the wiring for the LED strip. I have the same one and was debating how to wire it. That was the
first thing I was going to do but didn't want to ruin anything. Thanks
I'm not much of a do it yourself kind of guy so the dealer wrench did the job.  I go there often so when I see him I will be 3 sure to ask him.  I know he had a bit of a problem trying to get the amber turn signal portion working, but he finally made it all work.  It's a great mod that I'll never see unless someone else is riding my bike.

vmatc

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 (Krypto/Black)
    • CVO2: FXSBSE (Black/Silver) [sold]
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 05:38:11 AM »

The LED strip is a small mod that goes a long way!  I really like the look.
Some stuff that I like...
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.