Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wide Open Fairing  (Read 2855 times)

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
Wide Open Fairing
« on: May 23, 2013, 10:23:44 PM »

Finally got my Fairing installed yesterday.   Had to give the whole thing a good bath to match, which is a good time to take a picture.

Only got to ride for a couple of hours so I don't have a complete impression of how it works.   I did order the 8" shield because the 5 1/2 has a little buffeting on head.   Had to do quite a bit of modification to get it to mount well and is still VERY close fit.  It was suppose to mount on the quick disconnect washers but that just wasn't going to happen, so I took them out and hard mounted it with fender washers.  I think it is going to work as long as it doesn't shift or fall off.   :P   

The sound system rocks and the plastic fairing was easy to work with.  (drilling holes and such)   http://www.wideopencustom.com/default.aspx  is a less expensive fairing option.   Plastic vs fiberglass? ? ?  I decided to give it a try.   Will let you know my impressions after I spend some more time splitting wind with it.

http://dngraphix.com/ did a GREAT job on the paint.   I chose them because they are close to where I live.   I don't think that anyone could have done a better job of matching the CVO painting process.   Took a little longer than they said, but it was worth it.

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Wide Open Fairing
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 10:45:32 PM »

I didn't think I would like the look, but I have to say that looks pretty bad-ass.  Your painter did a fantastic job, looking forward to the future ride report updates.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 05:27:14 AM »

Looks Great  :2vrolijk_21:
Any chance of some more photos! also some showing the inside of the fairing!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 08:39:35 AM »

I will send some more photos after the holiday.   Going to be to busy riding !    :apple:

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 09:05:22 AM »

I will send some more photos after the holiday.   Going to be to busy riding !    :apple:
Thanks  :2vrolijk_21:
Enjoy the holiday!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Ksbowhunters73

• 2010 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 07:38:18 PM »

Looks awesome!!!

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 12:21:57 PM »

UPDATE:

Did a 200 mile ride yesterday with the 8" windscreen installed.

BIG difference in the wind envelope.   No head buffeting at speeds up to 80 mph.  Performs above my expectations at this point.  Stereo was easily heard at all speeds without turning it up.

:bananarock:    ;D   :jalapeno:   :apple:   :cucumber:   :pineapple:   :orange:    :mango:

Above illustrates my attitude after the ride. 

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 01:06:47 PM »

Nice looking style

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 08:43:04 AM »

Some more photos please !
Maybe some from inside the fairing!

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 22 queries.