Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone seen my taillight?  (Read 1068 times)

mtncop73

• Senior CVO Member
  • Without the wind in my face I woulda gone crazy
Anyone seen my taillight?
« on: October 07, 2006, 05:37:11 PM »

While washing the scooter this past weekend, I was drying around the tailight and it "fell" off into my hand. Who knew that a quick detach taillight was an option on the 06 CUSE.

Actually, It looks like the factory stripped the entire screw and "nut" (not sure of the tech term) when the lens cover was put on originally. I went to the dealer (Grand Junction Harley) and the parts guy said it was a warranty item.

This is where it gets good. He ordered the part for me and didn't charge me...then asked that I send him the old part after I replace it so he can do the warranty stuff. Kinda cool that he left me with the defective part and allowed me to keep on riding for the remainder of our short season. Without the part on the bike, I would not have been able to ride.

Kudos to Grand Junction Harley, and has anyone else experianced this problem...it looks like the screw was put in with a power screwdriver and over torqued.

Rick
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 05:38:03 PM by mtncop73 »
It's not how a man dies that makes him a hero, It's how he lives.

txbear55

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA
Re: Anyone seen my taillight?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 12:18:31 AM »

Discovered one side stripped...guess I need to see if warranty will cover mine.

mtncop73

• Senior CVO Member
  • Without the wind in my face I woulda gone crazy
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 12:22:43 AM »

let me know what you find out. BTW, I used the metalic silver tape that is used on duct work to tape the lens cover in place as a temp fix...it worked really well and even had a "chrome-like" appearance.
It's not how a man dies that makes him a hero, It's how he lives.

Hawgwash

• Junior CVO Member
  • Wife called it male menopause ... Whatever.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 02:10:49 PM »

Now that you bring it up... One of my front turn signal lenses has been loose ever since I had to change the bulb about 10 months ago. Everytime I wash it it falls off. I've just been "placing" it back on and have planned to buy a new one but keep forgetting. I'm surprised it's never fallen of on the road. Reckon I'll see if it's under warranty (if I can remember to).
06 SEUC, SE 2:1 Pipes, SEAC, SERT

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 22 queries.